2023 NEW YEAR's KICK OFF RUN

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i.php

WooHoo!! It's that time time of year again - time to say goodbye to 2022 and kickoff a brand new year of wheeling, out in the Mojave Desert and with all our friends! As is typically the case, this will be an easy, scenic and stock friendly run but just to be safe, we will have a few minimum requirements in order for you to attend. Also, to help keep the group size manageable and fun for everyone, we will be limiting the amount of Jeeps that can attend. And, while we won't enforce this as a rule, we are asking that people who do sign up be an active member here on WAYALIFE or at least, to some minimal degree.

When : Saturday, January 7, 2023 @ 8:30am
Where : Mesquite, NV (exact location TBA)

Minimum Requirements

• Tow Points Front and Rear
• Rocker Guards
• Tow Strap
• Spare Tire
• GPS

What You Need to Know

1. Please be aware that it will most likely be on the cool side all day if not down right cold. Please pack/dress accordingly and in layers just in case it turns out to be nice out. Also, you need to make sure that you bring plenty of water and snacks for you and everyone in your Jeep. While we "should" be done with this run by sundown, more times than not, things DO happen out on the trail and you NEED to be prepared for a long day that goes well into the night.

2. As is the case on any trail run, restrooms will be on short supply. I will be sure to stop periodically in a location where it's more advantageous for the ladies to find cover but, that's the best I can offer. Likewise, there are no trash facilities so you need to be sure to pack out what you pack in.

3. NEW for 2023, we are asking that participants have some kind of GPS system or app like OnXOffroad or Gaia on a mobile device. As we get closer to the run date, I will post up the area that we will be exploring and you will need to have maps downloaded for it. Once we get going, cell service may be spotty if not non-existent.

4. On this trip, we will be communicating with Race Radios. A good handheld unit like the kind BAOFENG makes is affordable and works surprisingly well. You WILL need to make sure to have it programmed for the following channels: 151.625 (weatherman), 151.250 and 151.430. It is your responsibility to take care of this PRIOR to the run.

5. Last but not least and maybe most importantly, YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD. Updates will be posted here and I will NOT answer questions by PM.

How to Sign Up

While Cindy and I know some of you well, there are plenty of you who we've never met in person before and if you'd like to sign up for this trip, we are asking that you please post up a pic of yourself and tell us what your real name is. We'd also like for you to post up a pic of your Jeep and tell us a bit about it. Also, just to reiterate, simply signing up will NOT guarantee you a spot on the trip. Your participation on this thread WILL.

Who's Going List

wayoflife & CarsonCindy
Moochie
blazer
RanchoRubi & Highlander JK
Strainger & Strainger's Heart
DirtHeadDavis & Brianna
Sylvester & Darlene
Disciple Offroad, Lauren & Austin
TrailHunter
Seahawkfan
Lperdue
SS KnightKrawler
2013rubirick
Phil Fenescey
adavis1011
DLT
Kalan & Crystal

Maybe Coming
JT@623

Lodging Information

If you're coming in from out of the area, Cindy and I have booked rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Mesquite, NV for Friday night and invite you to join us but there are plenty of other hotels in the area. After the run on Saturday night, you are more than welcome to head on home but if you'd prefer to stick around a bit longer, we will be heading down to Boulder City, NV and recommend that you stay at the Hoover Dam Lodge. Again, there are LOTS of great hotels in the area and you're more than welcome to stay at any of them.

With that said, we hope to see you out there! :cool:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is Cindy and I, Eddie and with our 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler, Moby. Still debating on which Jeep to take on this run but more than likely, it will be him. As some of you may know, Moby is powered by a Motech 6.2L LT and is riding on EVO long arms, DTDs and EVO Lever in the rear. His axles are Dynatrac ProRock 60 up front and 80 in the rear and tires are 40x13.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers mounted on KMC beadlock wheels.
hatpic.jpg

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hooked
We would love to join the fun!! This is Steph and I, Tony. We will be bringing our new 2023 Jeep Wrangler JLU. This Jeep is completely stock running the Extreme Recon Off-Road Package. Replaced the front plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper and it's race-radio ready too...

Looking forward to seeing everyone...

MeAndSteph.jpg 23 Jeep.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We would love to join the fun!! This is Steph and I, Tony. We will be bringing our new 2023 Jeep Wrangler JLU. This Jeep is completely stock running the Extreme Recon Off-Road Package. Replaced the front plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper and it's race-radio ready too...

View attachment 382844 View attachment 382845
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing your new Jeep. Safe to assume you booked rooms? (y)

benatc1

Hooked

View attachment 382844 View attachment 382845
Did you sell your white Jeep? Looks like 2 nice new additions

Sylvester

I have Family in Town and we will be moving to Oasis RV Park on the 7th, Going to see if I can move some things around, I really want to be there

blazer

Caught the Bug
And.....just booked rooms for both nights, Mesquite and Boulder, will be running with my newer JL 2021 stock Rubicon with 2" lift.
Excited, and now need to figure out the GPS mobile app. Thanks

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
We are ready to join another fun adventure. This is Et and Michelle. Our Jeep is JoLene, 2020 JLU, 2” dynatrac lift, 35” shoes, different pieces of armor. Can’t wait to see friends and meet new ones. Thank you Eddie and Cindy. A71765BB-294B-4B52-9BB4-DC5CECF9CC6C.jpeg BD62EB06-8163-4D33-A749-F48AF445BE32.jpeg

benatc1

Hooked
Yes, the white Jeep has a new home and yes, we went a little crazy with Jeep purchases this year! :giggle::rolleyes: I blame my better half though!!
Any particular reason why you sold it? Was pretty built up if I recall. Either way both of those awesome!

Count me in. Likely going to be myself and my wife Lila.

We are Casey and Lila and we’ll be in our Black 2014 JKU sport-S. Running a Rock Krawler short arm and some axle upgrades including ARB lockers running 38” trail grapplers on ATX beadlocks. This will be my 5th run and I’m looking forward to seeing all of you again.

7580523B-50E9-4C57-8D03-7AE9035602CC.jpeg 849146B8-23C4-4F58-859C-F7EB429FBD90.jpeg

Top Bottom