2014 SEMA Switch Pros - AWARD WINNING PRODUCT

Sea-Dated

Has anyone heard when this product will actually be available? I have emailed the company and have not heard anything backe form them. I would prefer this over the spod but I am really getting tired of waiting. I have a trip to Colorado coming up and need to get my accessories installed but don't want to do it without this or an spod.

Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
Has anyone heard when this product will actually be available? I have emailed the company and have not heard anything backe form them. I would prefer this over the spod but I am really getting tired of waiting. I have a trip to Colorado coming up and need to get my accessories installed but don't want to do it without this or an spod.

Thanks

Here is their response to my inquiry after I pre-ordered:

1st response from Feb 9:

The firmware and programming, which supports our Bluetooth application, is not to our standards. It has bugs that we are requiring be corrected before we are willing to take delivery and program into our modules. This work is done by an outside firm, so we are at their mercy, though we are applying plenty of pressure for them to get it done right, and deliver to us. I apologize for the inconvenience but we want your product to be 100% of what we promise, and are not willing to settle for the programming as it currently is.

Response Mar 2:

Final testing is taking place now, and, assuming all is well, we can program, pot and begin shipping.

No actual date on when shipping will begin but hopefully all the issues are resolved and they will ship soon. I'm waiting on installing several accessories as well.

Sea-Dated

Here is their response to my inquiry after I pre-ordered:

1st response from Feb 9:

The firmware and programming, which supports our Bluetooth application, is not to our standards. It has bugs that we are requiring be corrected before we are willing to take delivery and program into our modules. This work is done by an outside firm, so we are at their mercy, though we are applying plenty of pressure for them to get it done right, and deliver to us. I apologize for the inconvenience but we want your product to be 100% of what we promise, and are not willing to settle for the programming as it currently is.

Response Mar 2:

Final testing is taking place now, and, assuming all is well, we can program, pot and begin shipping.

No actual date on when shipping will begin but hopefully all the issues are resolved and they will ship soon. I'm waiting on installing several accessories as well.

Thank you for the update. I appreciate it.

flomingo

I don't know about you guys, but I could live without Bluetooth capability and without the wait!

Has anyone used Bluetooth with their sPod and found it to be the greatest thing ever???:thinking:

KenB1010

Ya, I'm not being patient here either. I just ordered a Painless fuse box and a gang bar to help with interior power needs. Ham radio, ARB fridge and some interior LED's

mastrcruse

Hopefully its worth the wait. I just noticed that their competitor released an 8 circuit system w/ programmable touchscreen. Its $750! :eek:

If I'm reading correctly, the Bluetooth will allow you to program and activate switches via your phone ect.?

JAGS

Hooked
Hopefully its worth the wait. I just noticed that their competitor released an 8 circuit system w/ programmable touchscreen. Its $750! :eek:

If I'm reading correctly, the Bluetooth will allow you to program and activate switches via your phone ect.?

You are correct on both fronts. It's $300 more for the spod. Basically the same concept.

Second point, that's what the app will do and where the delay is for the switch pro.

As I've said, I don't mind waiting. I like supporting small companies and switch pro is small and local to me. Has also been great and responsive via phone and email. Those are all good things to me. 👍

mackey

Agreed. Maybe I'm just old school but things like honesty and integrity still mean something to me.

I am close to pulling the trigger on my build and would not want to invest into a dishonest company. I have heard you talk about S-Pod but do not know what exactly they did. Can you please let those (me) know why exactly they are dishonest. I would hope others would not spend their hard earned money on a dishonest company. Also, what are other options? Thanks.

mastrcruse

You are correct on both fronts. It's $300 more for the spod. Basically the same concept.

Second point, that's what the app will do and where the delay is for the switch pro.

As I've said, I don't mind waiting. I like supporting small companies and switch pro is small and local to me. Has also been great and responsive via phone and email. Those are all good things to me. 

Cool, thanks. Yep, I'm with you...I'll wait.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am close to pulling the trigger on my build and would not want to invest into a dishonest company. I have heard you talk about S-Pod but do not know what exactly they did. Can you please let those (me) know why exactly they are dishonest. I would hope others would not spend their hard earned money on a dishonest company. Also, what are other options? Thanks.

You just posted in the thread of the other option.

mackey

Disregard. I just found your thread on S Pod on the earlier pages. Thanks for keeping us informed.

JAGS

Hooked
Well yes, but they are not available at this moment. I should have stated what is available now. :)

Nothing really off the shelf. There are some DIY options or things you can piece together. But nothing with all the features/safeguards and Bluetooth programming of the switch-pro.

Me personally I'm betting on it being as easy as they say to install. I'm as new as they get so that's a big plus.

Top Bottom