2014 SEMA Switch Pros - AWARD WINNING PRODUCT

mackey

I called SwitchPros today. They said their product will start being released in April. The Apple compatibility will not yet be available but the Android will. If this holds up, I will be able to put the SwitchPros in my build with EVO. :) sweeeeet

QRS

Android user here, so this are good news.

Bad thing is I just spend the money on a new TV.. Hahahaha

Maybe will use the layaway from NR4X4

I called SwitchPros today. They said their product will start being released in April. The Apple compatibility will not yet be available but the Android will. If this holds up, I will be able to put the SwitchPros in my build with EVO. :) sweeeeet

JAGS

Hooked

Hopefully this isn't the complete story as I use an iPhone and that would render the unit useless till they get the iphone app up and running.

Did they happen to mention the iphone app availability?

mackey

Hopefully this isn't the complete story as I use an iPhone and that would render the unit useless till they get the iphone app up and running.

Did they happen to mention the iphone app availability?

The guy told me you can still use the unit without your iPhone. All the buttons still work just like any old rocker button. You just can't activate a button with an iPhone App. He was hoping the iPhone app would be running in the next couple of months. Hopes this makes since.

JAGS

Hooked
The guy told me you can still use the unit without your iPhone. All the buttons still work just like any old rocker button. You just can't activate a button with an iPhone App. He was hoping the iPhone app would be running in the next couple of months. Hopes this makes since.

I thought the panel was programmed through Bluetooth, not just activated. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll need to contact them.

QRS

I thought the panel was programmed through Bluetooth, not just activated. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll need to contact them.

If I remember correctly the Bluetooth function is for fancy stuff like changing the between strobe and steady light also for turning the switches on remotely. The panel will work without Bluetooth

JAGS

Hooked
If I remember correctly the Bluetooth function is for fancy stuff like changing the between strobe and steady light also for turning the switches on remotely. The panel will work without Bluetooth

Right. Just becomes a basic switch. On/off. But part off the cool factor of this unit was the ability to control how/when things turned on/off. And the "remote" feature u mentioned.

Still other cool features for safely installing accessories. I just want to know what I'd be buying/getting before.

QRS

Right. Just becomes a basic switch. On/off. But part off the cool factor of this unit was the ability to control how/when things turned on/off. And the "remote" feature u mentioned.

Still other cool features for safely installing accessories. I just want to know what I'd be buying/getting before.

Yup, nothing like a well informed buy. Cheers

boardsurfer

If I do a write-up it will most likely be an example of how NOT to do it. I've never done electrical work and ordered this mainly to make subsequent installs easier. Delivery is Thursday, I'll probably get to it on Saturday. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll post up.

JAGS

Hooked
I too got my confirmation that it shipped. Should get just before leaving for Moab so install will take a back seat.

Wanted to check on the app though before posting. If anyone else is curious about the iPhone app. Here's a quote from SP to me.

"I expect a vendor update tomorrow regarding IOS app completion. However, the bluetooth is merely an extra enhancement that is not at all necessary to program and operate the system. All programming and operation is also done directly on the membrane panel itself."

This is cool as I was under the initial thought the app was needed to program.

Just thought I'd share the info I have.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Woohoo!! Look what brown Santa just dropped off
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428432420.203976.jpg

Don't know if I'll have time to get it installed before we leave though :(

JAGS

Hooked
So where is everyone going to install this product?

On my Jeep. :idontknow:

I'm interested to see this "bracket" that they say they developed and shipped with the unit to see if allows for more options. I think the slim factor of this switch unit really will allow for a lot of location options. Eddie posted up just a few in another thread for Off Road Engineering.

Sea-Dated

Just ordered mine and they said it should be here next week. Hopefully I will have time next week to get it installed and give my initial impressions.

On another note, their site does now have install instructions and wiring diagrams uploaded and available to view.

Top Bottom