2014 jkrux radiator coolant leak

CedarRaider

They just replaced my upper radiator hose this past weekend. This evening driving around town, no greater than 45ish, I am still seeing temps of 224 degrees. Seems high when it's 32 degrees outside. What's the "normal" for these engines that people actually see. I worry about longevity of the motor, head gasket, at the very least

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mine runs at 202-203 at 35 degrees outside. I have the coolant smell as well but haven't tracked it down yet.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

SuperSlim

I hate to drag an older thread back up, but I think I have a radiator leak on my 2015 JKUR. I had a 2001 TJ and had to replace the radiator with less than 50,000 miles on it. I know my Jeep is under warranty as are some of the aforementioned Jeeps, so why would you even consider replacing one crappy radiator with another? I am going to look for an aftermarket Jeep and talk to my salesman about getting it installed under warranty and that will be the end of it for them. No way will I put in a plastic tank radiator.

Ddays

Hooked
I hate to drag an older thread back up, but I think I have a radiator leak on my 2015 JKUR. I had a 2001 TJ and had to replace the radiator with less than 50,000 miles on it. I know my Jeep is under warranty as are some of the aforementioned Jeeps, so why would you even consider replacing one crappy radiator with another? I am going to look for an aftermarket Jeep and talk to my salesman about getting it installed under warranty and that will be the end of it for them. No way will I put in a plastic tank radiator.

Are saying that you are expecting the dealer to install an aftermarket rad under warranty? No way will they do that. Why not have the stock one replaced under warranty and if that fails look at aftermarket versions? Make sure you do your homework on them though.

SuperSlim

A good radiator should last until the engine goes or possibly longer. If I'm going to have to buy a radiator sooner or later, I would rather bomb-proof the Jeep and put it in now. That is why I don't want to have to return to the dealer again and again. I did talk to my salesman and he said to let him know and he will make certain a particular tech works on my Jeep and they will replace my radiator with an aftermarket radiator as long as it bolts right up.

Ddays

Hooked
A good radiator should last until the engine goes or possibly longer. If I'm going to have to buy a radiator sooner or later, I would rather bomb-proof the Jeep and put it in now. That is why I don't want to have to return to the dealer again and again. I did talk to my salesman and he said to let him know and he will make certain a particular tech works on my Jeep and they will replace my radiator with an aftermarket radiator as long as it bolts right up.

That's pretty unusual for a dealer to agree to do that - good for you for having one that will. As far as the "bolts right up" that's where I was going with saying do your research. Make sure the brand you go with doesn't have baggage.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I still don't understand why you just don't get it replaced under warranty with a factory for free! Makes zero sense but whatever

Andy5160

Hooked
Are saying that you are expecting the dealer to install an aftermarket rad under warranty? No way will they do that. Why not have the stock one replaced under warranty and if that fails look at aftermarket versions? Make sure you do your homework on them though.

Solid point Jerry

SuperSlim

I still don't understand why you just don't get it replaced under warranty with a factory for free! Makes zero sense but whatever

Would you like to purchase a new Jeep radiator from me? I've had two Jeep radiators fail and I don't want to hassle with a third failure.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Would you like to purchase a new Jeep radiator from me? I've had two Jeep radiators fail and I don't want to hassle with a third failure.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Well if you get it replaced again by the dealer then its documented and falls under the lemon law............

Andy5160

Hooked

Coz go for it it is a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Well if you get it replaced again by the dealer then its documented and falls under the lemon law............

Just for reference as well
IMG_7223.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Being that I had a vehicle bought back under the lemon law here's some advice I can pass along courtesy of our lawyer. Every time you have any work done on your vehicle at a dealership, you must be very specific when you tell them what is wrong with your vehicle. Ask to read the tech's write up before it is submitted. If wording is different from what you told them, ask them to change it to how you worded your statement and make sure you keep a copy of the work orders/service orders. If the same thing happens again and you have to take the vehicle back to the dealership, make sure you review your previous statements an use the same wording. If you say its a squeak and they write squeal, tell them to change it to squeak. This is extremely important if the case goes to court. You must be consistent in your statements and not let them change the wording because in court conflicting reports will work to the dealerships advantage & not yours.

sparks

I would have it replaced under warranty time and time again... and then swap with after market when warranty is over.

But that's just my opinion. Mines in the shop right now for a radiator and t-stat leak. 2014 Sahara.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

Suspicions confirmed. After quite some time smelling coolant, but never finding any signs of a leak...I finally found the bastard. 2014 JKUR, 52k mi.

IMG_2152.jpg

Top Bottom