2013 JKX build from stock to JKX ready

Sharkey

Word Ninja
:thinking: I hope you are joking!

Unfortunately I am not. I'm not sure what is going on, but I haven't seen pics of his rig on JKX and he made a random post in another thread yesterday. Overlander asked him if he was on JKX and he didn't answer...just logged off.

Take a look at the last couple pages of the "What is your price" thread.

rubicrawl

What happened did he end up going or canceled I thought you had to send pics of your jeep already done up? That's weird

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That would be scum of the earth (not to steal eddies thunder since apparently he is) if he sold free tires. I don't think that's the case but who knows.

rubicrawl

That sucks it just took away from someone that could of gone not go if I signed up I would of been really pissed

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I hope so that would of been the right thing to do if be honestly couldn't go family does come first

I agree that family comes first, but unless someone was dying or fell seriously ill, there is no reason for family to come before a trip that hundreds of people tried to earn the chance to be a part of.

I'll leave it alone now. I suppose it's up to the OP to let us know what really happened and what's going on with the tire sale.

JAGS

Hooked
Wow, just wow. I'm still looking for an explanation about the 37" Nittos he is now selling.

I'd think one would return them since not used for original intended purpose. Or the other option is sell. At the very least, slap them on and move on.

Not too high on the resale. Integrity goes a long way in my book, regardless of situation.

Why is he "laughing out loud" about it in his post on JKF?

And he posted his tires for sale over there at the beginning of August... Seems like he knew he was backing out a month before the trip started. I just hope he notified Mel and his team so an alternate could be chosen in time.

GCM 2

Why were hisntires free?

The event is sponsored by Nitto tires, every mfg gives away swag to participants. Nitto just so happens to gift each rig (if they want them) a free set of 37" Trail grapplers. That's how much faith Nitto has in their tires, they want to let unknown drivers take a set of their off the shelf tires and put them through hell over a weeks worth of wheeling in a very publicized event that gets great video coverage.

Back when Falken tire was the sponsor, I refused a set of the Wild Peaks, the tires were worthless on the trail. I didn't make the video much, and I damn sure didn't make the video on two seperate JKX's when I helped changed Wild Peak flat tires on four different occassions, two of which were on the Falken Tire JK.

You know how many Nitto flat/damaged tires were changed on two JKX's and two Ultimate Adventures.......zero.

Last edited:

GCM 2

The honorable thing to do would be to return the tires to Off Road Evolution

Attachments

• image-2286374230.jpg
    image-2286374230.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,533
Top Bottom