2013 JKX build from stock to JKX ready

Serg5000

In his mind the reasons he gave were enough for him to back out. All of us have a different perseption as to what or how important things are to us. I don't think the reasons he gave are worthy of us judging him. It is what it is. I understand he took a spot from someone that could have gone. We don't know the full story. For all we know Mel was cool with it and decided to press on. As for the tires. Thats another story. One that will have to be sorted out later by Mel and this fella. :twocents:

ttfhell

I'll take one! Looks like I'm the first guy to tear one up. Slabs and 8lbs on the s turn with all the weight on that tire....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

In his mind the reasons he gave were enough for him to back out. All of us have a different perseption as to what or how important things are to us. I don't think the reasons he gave are worthy of us judging him. It is what it is. I understand he took a spot from someone that could have gone. We don't know the full story. For all we know Mel was cool with it and decided to press on. As for the tires. Thats another story. One that will have to be sorted out later by Mel and this fella. :twocents:

I backed out the JKX this year, nothing wrong with not being able to commit to a major event that has a major toll on your bank account. I am simply judging the fact he was selling a set of gifted tires before the JKX had even begun. It was between him and Mel, until he put the tires up for sale on a public forum, that's my two cents.

Serg5000

I backed out the JKX this year, nothing wrong with not being able to commit to a major event that has a major toll on your bank account. I am simply judging the fact he was selling a set of gifted tires before the JKX had even begun. It was between him and Mel, until he put the tires up for sale on a public forum, that's my two cents.

I get the part if him selling the tires a month before. It does look F'd up.

I couldn't imagine the financial cost if this trip.

GCM 2

I get the part if him selling the tires a month before. It does look F'd up.

I couldn't imagine the financial cost if this trip.

Fuel bill is a monster, all the pre-trip prep work, small item purchases for repairs, fluid changes before the run, possible broken parts during the event......brother, it can all add up to a huge bill. I am still bummed I missed this year's run, but the last three years JKX were all out of my own pocket, even as a support crew guy. Mel is good people and I go to extremes to help that brother out every chance I get.

Serg5000

Fuel bill is a monster, all the pre-trip prep work, small item purchases for repairs, fluid changes before the run, possible broken parts during the event......brother, it can all add up to a huge bill. I am still bummed I missed this year's run, but the last three years JKX were all out of my own pocket, even as a support crew guy. Mel is good people and I go to extremes to help that brother out every chance I get.
Just reading this post kinda took the smile off my face. I know I would have a blst but when i got back home and seen all the credit card charges.......I would shit :eek:. I mean if you break an axle or any other major component. That would suck.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You know all the costs going in. If you don't plan to drive across the country and spent a bunch of money don't apply. There is no excuse for it. This guy is a tool.

JAGS

Hooked

Yep. That's my point too. He could have taken the gift from nitto and walked off. But now were all posting in the guys build thread because he's making a profit off of backing out.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Total speculation, but here goes. He probably bought 37's as he was getting ready and then, when Nitto pulled its awesomeness, he either attempted to sell the ones he bought or to sell the Nitto gift. I think his for sale post said the tires had 500 miles on them. I'm not sure when Nitto sent out its gift. Either way I see it as a lame move on his part. He should have sent the tires back, on his dime.

I sincerely hope we are all wrong about what happened here. If we aren't, then all I can say is :asshat::asshat::asshat:.

ttfhell

Was the price food he was asking? I need one for cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom