2013 JKX build from stock to JKX ready

13JKUR

Did you document how you did the winch? I really like that look, that's nice

I wish I did but I was getting frustrated with the constant taking off, trim, put on, take off, trim, put and repeat probably 10 times lol. It was kind of a pain to do, it was really not too difficult just very time consuming and a very tight fit. I can try and help you if your looking at doing it, but honestly after doing it I should've just bought an aftermarket bumper lol. But thank you, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

13JKUR

Dropped the jeep off this morning to get my c gussets welded and to get my evo sliders welded up :)

13JKUR

Got my fenders cut this weekend also, I still have some cleaning up of the bumper though around the fair lead so disregard that :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375296047.409646.jpg

13JKUR

Thanks! I really like the look of it but man it was a pain in the ass to do. I can even still install my license plate over using the factory holes and the winch is completely hidden. Except I still haven't mounted my control box which might be on top of the winch plate.

Atch

So where is the engage/disengage switch located for the winch? If your switch is on the control box you need to think about accessibility if you're in a situation where you will need someone to pull line for you without having to climb all over the jeep to get to it.

13JKUR

So where is the engage/disengage switch located for the winch? If your switch is on the control box you need to think about accessibility if you're in a situation where you will need someone to pull line for you without having to climb all over the jeep to get to it.

The clutch engage/disengage is if you would basically put your hand straight down at the bottom of the bumper right by the passenger fog light it's there. Easy to get to and easy to rotate the handle. The control box will be on top of the bumper most likely.

StrizzyChris

The clutch engage/disengage is if you would basically put your hand straight down at the bottom of the bumper right by the passenger fog light it's there. Easy to get to and easy to rotate the handle. The control box will be on top of the bumper most likely.

Could mount it inside the engine bay to complete the stealth look. Wouldn't be too hard and well worth it IMHO

13JKUR

Could mount it inside the engine bay to complete the stealth look. Wouldn't be too hard and well worth it IMHO

I did definitely think of that. I'm running out of room in there that would be convenient to get at though lol. For time sake Ill do the easy mount for now and work on relocating later.

13JKUR

Just got this picture from my wife :) she picked up the jeep from having sliders and c gussets installed

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375377829.144409.jpg

BigBoy

Those fenders look great. I don't really like the botched look when the entire front is cut off. Keep up the good work!

Rccrwlr

Finished winch install. Still have to wire it and mount the control box somewhere.
View attachment 41791

Looking at the warn series of winches. Looks like you installed a vr from your parts list. How much room was left between the frame rails? Looking at a zeon with the relocation kit for the solenoid but there is a 4" diff in the width.

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

13JKUR

Looking at the warn series of winches. Looks like you installed a vr from your parts list. How much room was left between the frame rails? Looking at a zeon with the relocation kit for the solenoid but there is a 4" diff in the width.

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

Actually I got a quadratec q9000 but I got the one without the I integrated solenoid so I could mount the control box somewhere else. I don't think a zeon would fit however. The quadratec winch is 22" wide. Here is a pic of the winch mounted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom