2012+ Exhaust Loop Mod for EVO Long Arm?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have not put it on Dyno but it definitely felt better. Did the exaust in prep for a evo Long arm. Hope I️ did not loose power..

Put it on a dyno. I can guarantee you that you're not getting anything close to what you imagine you're feeling.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just saying it felt less sluggish.

At the time was on slabs, 37’s, with 4.88 gears.

At best, your programmer improved your throttle response. A sprint booster will do the same thing - change the pedal to feel more like a mechanical throttle instead of a drive by wire. This alone will give the sensation of "less sluggish" but that's a far cry from actual power increases. Certainly, your loop delete didn't do anything to help.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Why does the loop exist and why is it needed? From my experience and from what i was told the loop is there because the manufacture realized there was two much power and had to slow it down, this also came from a guy that has been working on exhaust for over 30 years. I have a loop delete on my rig and have no problems and sounds amazing, but of course i also have the exhaust made by them as-well.

This has to be the most retarded thing you said and you’ve made some pretty retarded comments in the past

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Why does the loop exist and why is it needed? From my experience and from what i was told the loop is there because the manufacture realized there was two much power and had to slow it down, this also came from a guy that has been INHALING exhaust for over 30 years.

Fixed it for you. ;)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
For those that think your getting more power out of unequal length exhaust and deleting the loop are stupid. Companies like Subaru purposefully got RID of unequal length exhaust in favor of equal length to create MORE power. Look at the newer 12+ models of the wrx/sti. They use equal length exhausts, a smaller turbo that previous years, and were still able to create MORE power then the years with a larger turbo and unequal length exhausts.

Maybe you should call them and tell them they fucked up and should go back to what they had before

trailraider

For those that think your getting more power out of unequal length exhaust and deleting the loop are stupid. Companies like Subaru purposefully got RID of unequal length exhaust in favor of equal length to create MORE power. Look at the newer 12+ models of the wrx/sti. They use equal length exhausts, a smaller turbo that previous years, and were still able to create MORE power then the years with a larger turbo and unequal length exhausts.

Maybe you should call them and tell them they fucked up and should go back to what they had before

i also think people forget that engines also need a certain amount of back pressure. personally I filled my tires with helium, noticed it right away, Jeep was lighter and now I just float over the obstacles. best upgrade i ever did on my Jeep.

J

JKDream

Why does the loop exist and why is it needed? From my experience and from what i was told the loop is there because the manufacture realized there was two much power and had to slow it down, this also came from a guy that has been working on exhaust for over 30 years. I have a loop delete on my rig and have no problems and sounds amazing, but of course i also have the exhaust made by them as-well.

This has to be the most retarded thing you said and you’ve made some pretty retarded comments in the past

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Be careful, dpete might blow another toner cartridge

LOL. :clap2:

VMSHack

There is a reason why the loop exists. Deleting it may address clearance issues but it isn't really the best solution. Here are a couple of shots of what the loop should look like once flipped.

20171126174503-04d03f71.jpg

20171126174500-81fab6da.jpg

Going through some older threads as a new member....the hoop in the exhaust is for equal length on both banks of the engine, with equal length tubes you get better performance. STI people delete them because it sounds better but actually hinders the performance

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Going through some older threads as a new member....the hoop in the exhaust is for equal length on both banks of the engine, with equal length tubes you get better performance. STI people delete them because it sounds better but actually hinders the performance

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
While this is true, it's also false. Haha.

The science behind equal length headers is to balance pressure pulses in the exhaust system that are created when the exhaust valves open. This offers more efficient combustion chamber evacuation, and thus, a more efficient engine, both in power, and economy.

Now, The classic Subaru "rumble" is from an UNEQUAL length header from the factory.
Most guys who are serious about their power goals will replace the factory with an equal length, which offers DRAMATIC differences in the dyno plot under boost. We're talking 30-50+ ft-lbs depending on how modified were talking. The only "downside" is you lose the "signature sound" and you are now less likely to experience ringland failure... while this is a Jeep forum, if you dig hard enough, you will find that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Subarus also... but anyway...

For this thread, here's my pic

20171005_152001.jpg

EDIT: Hence my harsh statement at the beginning of the thread regarding cutting vertically... I had to piece mine back together because I didn't cut it *perpendicular to the centerline of the jeep*, I cut mine perpendicular to THE PIPE its self.

READ: do NOT cut perpendicular to the pipe!

READ: DO cut perpendicular to the centerline of the JEEP!

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Last edited:
Top Bottom