2012+ Exhaust Loop Mod for EVO Long Arm?

MericaMade

Not yet, I’m scheduled at the muffler shop on the 6th. I was going to go by Ddays pictures he posted on the last page.
Just a FYI, Fuck that loop. So, you can’t fit the bracket on there without removing the loop but you need the bracket on there so you can get the right angle and clearance for the loop. I am glad I did not cut it before hand, I would have been cutting it again. I see why Jerry had to add the extra piece near the connection flange. I cannot get the pipe to line up because the bracket it is in the way. I need to get a 45 or two 90s to get around the bracket to finish it up.

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just a FYI, Fuck that loop. So, you can’t fit the bracket on there without removing the loop but you need the bracket on there so you can get the right angle and clearance for the loop. I am glad I did not cut it before hand, I would have been cutting it again. I see why Jerry had to add the extra piece near the connection flange. I cannot get the pipe to line up because the bracket it is in the way. I need to get a 45 or two 90s to get around the bracket to finish it up.
Oh great, I hope the shop can figure it out.

MericaMade

Update on the AFE loop.

To clarify for those who asked on the AFE loop, it will not work. AFE is about 15 minutes from my house so I called them and told them I wanted to get my hands on one of their loop to see if it would fit with the Evo LA on my buddies JK. They say it works with most LA but did not have an answer on Evos kit specifically. I told them I would like to buy it, try and fit it, and if it didn’t fit, I will return it. AFE response was absolutely so I ran down and picked one up.

Unfortunately, it does not clear the front bracket. The bend at the flange is too long before it bends up or around the Evo mount and not allowing you to line up with the cat. It was close and could be modified but at that point we just modified the stock loop to work. Just want to give an update for others looking in the future.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Update on the AFE loop.

To clarify for those who asked on the AFE loop, it will not work. AFE is about 15 minutes from my house so I called them and told them I wanted to get my hands on one of their loop to see if it would fit with the Evo LA on my buddies JK. They say it works with most LA but did not have an answer on Evos kit specifically. I told them I would like to buy it, try and fit it, and if it didn’t fit, I will return it. AFE response was absolutely so I ran down and picked one up.

Unfortunately, it does not clear the front bracket. The bend at the flange is too long before it bends up or around the Evo mount and not allowing you to line up with the cat. It was close and could be modified but at that point we just modified the stock loop to work. Just want to give an update for others looking in the future.
Thanks for that update! I have postponed the install of the long arms since I’m ramping up my own business. Hopefully I’ll get several contracts signed so I can look at even more upgrades! 🤞

Top Bottom