1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

wjtstudios

Hooked
Got a piece of Jeep history fir the scrambler. Not in the best condition, but it’s the 1985 brochure for the scrambler and other Jeeps at that time.

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5513.jpg

IMG_5514.jpg

IMG_5515.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5517.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
So cool. I used to go to the car dealers in the Fall every year when the new models came out and get brochures on all of the cars and trucks. I started in the early 80's and stopped in the mid 2000's. I had to stop - I had too damn many boxes! I've got some really cool ones I separated out. One of my favorites was when the Acura NSX came out in '89 - it was a bound book.

JKbrick

Got a piece of Jeep history fir the scrambler. Not in the best condition, but it’s the 1985 brochure for the scrambler and other Jeeps at that time.

View attachment 360164

View attachment 360159

View attachment 360160

View attachment 360161

View attachment 360162

View attachment 360163

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That is so cool Bill, I’m really glad I’m old enough like Jerry is, to remember going to dealerships and actually seeing brand new CJs and J trucks on the lots. It’s just sad we can’t go back in time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thats a cool score!!! Some cool literature to have with the scrambler!
I think the old decal set would add a nice touch to your build.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

It really is. Wasn’t sure when I saw it on eBay.

Heather said absolutely not in the decals. I guess if she lets me have my fun, I have to listen every now and then 🤪

IMG_5520.jpg

This is the only one she likes.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
So cool. I used to go to the car dealers in the Fall every year when the new models came out and get brochures on all of the cars and trucks. I started in the early 80's and stopped in the mid 2000's. I had to stop - I had too damn many boxes! I've got some really cool ones I separated out. One of my favorites was when the Acura NSX came out in '89 - it was a bound book.

If you still have them and way too much time on your hands, they are starting to be worth some money!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
That is so cool Bill, I’m really glad I’m old enough like Jerry is, to remember going to dealerships and actually seeing brand new CJs and J trucks on the lots. It’s just sad we can’t go back in time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So true, on the back in time part 🤣

I used to do that at the Detroit auto show every year. I still remember getting back home snd reading them for hours

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom