WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

Andy5160

Hooked
I guess if he’s into that sort of thing. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, I’m not judging 🤷*♀️

Jerry is talking from experience as always Thank you my friend [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

highoctane

Caught the Bug
WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL Wrangler Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

Any idea if this fits the Gladiator? I’m not in the USA at the moment and won’t be for another two weeks, or else I’d pop open the fender liner and take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any idea if this fits the Gladiator? I’m in the USA at the moment and won’t be for another two weeks, or else I’d pop open the fender liner and take a look.

It does but the fitment is really tight. FCA apparently made a slight change that shifted one of the studs to the side by about 1/16". I have a new version of the ACM coming next week that accounts for this difference.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
It does but the fitment is really tight. FCA apparently made a slight change that shifted one of the studs to the side by about 1/16". I have a new version of the ACM coming next week that accounts for this difference.

Awesome! Thanks Eddie. I’ll definitely be ordering one. Ordered the air compressor and inflator kit today from Amazon.

bonedoc

Just ordered one of the ACM mounts for my new Gladiator....to come...LOL. Ordering the compressor and accessories today. My order number for the ACM mount is 6059, ordered on 12/13/2019. Can I put in to get one of the newer version for the JT?
The compressor that mounts on it. Is there any draining that needs to be done on that unit or is it maintenance free? How difficult would it be to extend the air intake for this to get it higher in the engine compartment or even to draw from airbox?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just ordered one of the ACM mounts for my new Gladiator....to come...LOL. Ordering the compressor and accessories today. My order number for the ACM mount is 6059, ordered on 12/13/2019. Can I put in to get one of the newer version for the JT?
The compressor that mounts on it. Is there any draining that needs to be done on that unit or is it maintenance free? How difficult would it be to extend the air intake for this to get it higher in the engine compartment or even to draw from airbox?

Sorry, I'm currently out of town right now but if you placed an order on the 13th, it will have shipped the same day and you should be getting it some time this week. While what is coming your way can be made to work, it will not slip on the way it would on a JL. This is why I do not list it as being applicable on a JT. Please let me know if you would like to exchange it.

No drainage is needed for the compressor and it is maintenance free. Also, ARB sells a nice extension kit for the breather.

bonedoc

Sorry, I'm currently out of town right now but if you placed an order on the 13th, it will have shipped the same day and you should be getting it some time this week. While what is coming your way can be made to work, it will not slip on the way it would on a JL. This is why I do not list it as being applicable on a JT. Please let me know if you would like to exchange it.

No drainage is needed for the compressor and it is maintenance free. Also, ARB sells a nice extension kit for the breather.

I should of double checked before ordering. I just assumed so that was definitely my fault. I will exchange it. Just let me know where to ship it back to and where to forward any difference in price, as well as for shipping, for JT version to me.

jesse3638

Hooked
I should of double checked before ordering. I just assumed so that was definitely my fault. I will exchange it. Just let me know where to ship it back to and where to forward any difference in price, as well as for shipping, for JT version to me.
You mean you're actually owning your mistake and willing to pay for shipping? What the hell kind of customer are you...haha....:crazyeyes:

Sorry had to after the guy that threw a fit about paying not being reimbursed for shipping.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bonedoc

You mean you're actually owning your mistake and willing to pay for shipping? What the hell kind of customer are you...haha....:crazyeyes:

Sorry had to after the guy that threw a fit about paying not being reimbursed for shipping.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL...absolutely. I'm sure I could mod the JL bracket but why? For a few extra bucks...It isn't the sellers fault. Completely mine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just posting a heads up to let you all know that the new ACM mounts that will work on a JT Gladiator as well are now in stock and shipping! :)

WJCO

Meme King
Just posting a heads up to let you all know that the new ACM mounts that will work on a JT Gladiator as well are now in stock and shipping! :)

Sweet. Thank you so much.

Question for myself and anyone else reading: Are the JL and JT ACMs two different models? Or did you re-design the current one to fit either?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet. Thank you so much.

Question for myself and anyone else reading: Are the JL and JT ACMs two different models? Or did you re-design the current one to fit either?

I redesigned the mount so that it will fit a JL or a JT. Essentially, I changed the slot on the bottom of the mount as that's where the problem seemed to be. I now include an M6 fender washer that needs to be placed on the bottom stud as well. A full installation video on this should be coming soon. I'll try to post up a pic as well.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
LOL - awesome! It's on it's way to you now :)

Wow. This thing just arrived here today. Thanks a bunch for the super fast shipping Eddie.

Affordable quality product that’s made in the USA, with fast shipping. Can’t beat that![emoji106]

WJCO

Meme King
Perfect fit. Thanks again for a great product and a great write-up. And ARB did a great job spending the time making the color match my Jeep.

IMG_20200104_152608_888.jpg

Top Bottom