Which/Best Gear Brand Thread

zombie hunter

Alloy USA gearing vs G2

Pros and cons??? Which 1 is better?

Been looking for 513 gearing and the Alloy seems much cheaper by 1 of the suppliers here in South Africa compared to the G2

Sent from my SM-G920F using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Been looking for 513 gearing and the Alloy seems much cheaper by 1 of the suppliers here in South Africa compared to the G2

I merged your thread here. You should be able to find what you need. Either brand should be just fine for what you're doing.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Unless you know exactly what your looking for metallurgically, you will likely never notice the difference between 1 set of gears from 1 reputable brand to another. Buy which ever is cheapest/you like best/coolest sticker/warranty/whatever. The install kits are where you should spend your time really shopping. make sure you get quality bearings, good seals, plenty of shims, etc... :yup:

zombie hunter

I merged your thread here. You should be able to find what you need. Either brand should be just fine for what you're doing.
Shit only logged on now and saw all the responses . Awesome stuff guys and thanks for all the help. Ya unfortunately here in SA we not spoiled for choice and we het milked with prices, everyone i know runs G2 but they cost around R35000 fitted and just came across this new company thats sells the alloys for R19000. Will message them in the morning and ask about the bearings but if you say its all made by the same Korean kid then its looks like im going for the cheaper 1 and use the extra cash for my 37s ✌

I have motive gears and they are 4:88's and they have been fantastic and they are used quite a bit by the professionals and racing channels and the best part about them is they are made in the USA.

RazerX

Has anyone had experience with the Ten brand? I understand they are produced by Motive but carry a 10 year warranty.

Nespoli1

Thoughts on ten factory gear set by motive gear

Want to regear my JKU. Don’t know anything about ten factory by Motive Gear. If you know anything about this set please let me know. Thanks brotatoechips!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeepneyJ

I'm looking to move up to 4.56 on my 14 JKU Rubicon 3.6L Automatic. I was looking at the Dana Spicer kits but they seam to be on back order for the rear set. Is it with the wait or should I just go with Yukon, G2, or some other brand. I was told that Spicer is the only USA made set.

raginkgin1 hi there! Just wondering which brand did u get and how is it working for you?

MonoJoe

Advice on ratios and manufacturers

I have 35’’ tires on my 2017 JK with 4.10 gears and auto trans and performance is sluggish for on the the line and up hill. Mileage is terrible at under 13 mpg. My jeep is mostly on the road but she does occasionally get in the sh1t. The jeep doesn’t seem to shift properly either.
Ok so now I am looking at changing the ratio to 4:56 or I don’t know. Hoping to get some advice on this - the gear ratio and which manufactures to consider. G2 or USAlloy or ?
Much appreciated.

BaddestCross

I have 35’’ tires on my 2017 JK with 4.10 gears and auto trans and performance is sluggish for on the the line and up hill. Mileage is terrible at under 13 mpg. My jeep is mostly on the road but she does occasionally get in the sh1t. The jeep doesn’t seem to shift properly either.
Ok so now I am looking at changing the ratio to 4:56 or I don’t know. Hoping to get some advice on this - the gear ratio and which manufactures to consider. G2 or USAlloy or ?
Much appreciated.

It's probably a waste of time and money to go anything less than 4.88. 5.13 if you plan on going to 37s unless you've got a D30, then stop at 4.88.

Most gears are made in the same overseas factory, but try and find some that are made in India or Korea over the ones in China. Yukon and Motive are good choices.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

wjtstudios

Hooked
Much appreciated.

Yukon is s good choice. I second no less the 4:88. What axles and motor do you have?

WJCO

Meme King
Much appreciated.

Do you have some kind of OBD device that you've plugged in to recalibrate your ECM to compensate for the new tires?

FYI, we have a 3.8 with 33s and regeared to 4.88s. It had 3.73 gears from the factory, but when I tore it down, someone had put 4.10s in there. We were very happy with the difference with the new gears. But if you go 4.56, I doubt you'd notice a huge difference especially with the time and money spent vs the actual benefit you would get out of it.

jdofmemi

Another vote here to go to 4.88s

You will be disappointed at the money spent to only go to 4.56. That's only a 10% change from where you are, not enough to spend $$ on.

Going to 4.88 with 35s will make it a happy Jeep

5.13 Gear Purchase. Recommended brands?

So i'm back... Let's all play nice ��. I'll keep it short. I'm digging the Yukon brand, anyone had good/ bad luck with them? Also i'm thinking the full master install kit. Low miles on the Jeep but i figure with 6 hour install time might as well just get it done. Also they have an option to pay like 100 bucks more for a "No questions asked warranty" if they break. Like that option. Also so far this is the only mod planned after much reading i won't be able to wrench myself. All the more reason for full bearing replacement, etc. So many brands, please help. 3.8 2007 Rubi. 38K on Odo. 6 Speed manual. Planning for 37" tires. Seems the gears need quite the break-in before major stress so i've decided to start here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom