Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Took the JT out to waipio valley yesterday. Didn’t realize that the road is 20* slope in some spots and averages 12-15* almost the whole way down.

IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg
IMG_0218.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
You guys have some spectacular destinations out there!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah this is a pretty cool spot... and it was damn near empty. Only had a few local surfers and maybe 20 tourists all day. It was the emptiest I’ve ever seen it there. I also like it because there’s no cell service, it’s peaceful, and just a great spot to chill and drink beer all day.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Joee5

World's End State Park PA.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200313_140226~2.jpg
    MVIMG_20200313_140226~2.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 97
  • MVIMG_20200313_150216.jpg
    MVIMG_20200313_150216.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 96

The BAD Influence

Butt o meter

It gets tippy on The Rim. The first time I did it I got scared. After that I got a clinometer. Now my brain can tell my ass that we're not going to die.

Attachments

• IMG_20200314_174507.jpg
    IMG_20200314_174507.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 79

The BAD Influence

That’s great, I’m gonna get one. At what angle do Jeeps tip?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Don't know the answer to that. I know even pinned at 30° by brain can make the rest of my body, especially my ass meter, calm down. My buddy has a TJ that's built up pretty good. His clinometer goes to 40°. He claims to have pinned it.
Long story short. After my first time on the Rim, I was seriously shaken. I spoke to a pilot and he told me how in training they get blindfold and then try to level out the plane. They're never right, based on their instincts, or ass o meter. They're taught to trust their gauges over their body.
With the clinometer I actually had fun on the Rim this time. Just a quick glance, and I knew I was fine.

97mule

Don't know the answer to that. I know even pinned at 30° by brain can make the rest of my body, especially my ass meter, calm down. My buddy has a TJ that's built up pretty good. His clinometer goes to 40°. He claims to have pinned it.
Long story short. After my first time on the Rim, I was seriously shaken. I spoke to a pilot and he told me how in training they get blindfold and then try to level out the plane. They're never right, based on their instincts, or ass o meter. They're taught to trust their gauges over their body.
With the clinometer I actually had fun on the Rim this time. Just a quick glance, and I knew I was fine.

Actually , during flight training you learn a little about instrument flying where you have this hat gismo called a hood that limits your vision outside . I liked it!

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
That’s great, I’m gonna get one. At what angle do Jeeps tip?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I was actually considering the trail dash 2 because it has these guages. This looks like its a lot more reasonably priced. It would be nice to have a visual reference just to reassure myself from time to time. Wheeling with my buddy Jim in his JLU I was amazed at what the actual numbers were compared to how it felt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

I was actually considering the trail dash 2 because it has these guages. This looks like its a lot more reasonably priced. It would be nice to have a visual reference just to reassure myself from time to time. Wheeling with my buddy Jim in his JLU I was amazed at what the actual numbers were compared to how it felt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exactly. It's crazy doing this trail with and without a gauge. Was so much more fun the second time when a quick glance could give me the confidence to carry on.

Top Bottom