What was done to your rig this week?

Finally got my 4" plush rides installed. They replaced my 3" Full Traction springs. I gained 1-1.25". I didn't take it for a test drive because I'd have had to play musical vehicles to get it put plus it's still clean and I didn't want to take it in the rain. However may go do a shakedown snow run tomorrow. Local mountains are supposed to get 2+ feet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Finally got my 4" plush rides installed. They replaced my 3" Full Traction springs. I gained 1-1.25". I didn't take it for a test drive because I'd have had to play musical vehicles to get it put plus it's still clean and I didn't want to take it in the rain. However may go do a shakedown snow run tomorrow. Local mountains are supposed to get 2+ feet.

That is a crazy amount of snow!!! Hopefully the plush rides are a big improvement [emoji106]

That is a crazy amount of snow!!! Hopefully the plush rides are a big improvement [emoji106]
Yeah I can't wait to give them a shake down. I left the 3" bumps so I've gained a little bit there. I'm hoping it didn't do too much to my caster. I was running 4.8° so if anything I figured it'd push it closer to the stock 4.2°.

IMG_9791.jpgout with the old and in with the new. Geometry looks much better how. Hopefully takes out all that slop I’ve been feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Lost about 800 pounds [emoji28]

Attachments

• 198F9F8A-5ACD-4637-8E20-6476E4E763AF.jpg
    198F9F8A-5ACD-4637-8E20-6476E4E763AF.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 93
Now the question is can I use a heat gun, not a torch to bring the AEV gas tank back to new?? I don’t think the torch is an option.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I don’t see why not. Not familiar with the design of that but I’d be extremely careful near any vent.

Well my shakedown run was not the snow wheeling I was planning. Instead it was my 35 mile commute to work today. I have to say it drives just as well as it did on the 3" springs so any caster change did not do anything. I do have to say the rear plush rides feel much softer than my old springs. The fronts don't feel too much different. One thing I did notice was it seemed normal road imperfections and chatter felt much smoother overall. Can't wait to test them out running through the desert. So far I'm happy with the switch.

Top Bottom