What was done to your rig this week?

Okc_Jeepin

I changed an axle shaft. Just so happened to see a fluid of some sort covering the inside of my tire as well as the brake rotor dust shield and assumed I had a leaking seal. And that's what it was.

47571640_2196047513759040_2281430595491856384_o.jpg

World Traveler 76

Man, those look sharp. I am in the market and I’m thinking these will be best but I don’t wheel really so I’m also thinking those might be overkill. Also considering Rubicon express. But those Fox’s look hot

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. My stabilizer got beat up a bit so I needed to make that change regardless.

Suspension is a pretty subjective thing, where what you feel/want is hard to describe without doing allot of testing. I was fortunate to know a guy with the same lift kit (Metalcloak 2.5”) with similar tire size. Any variation makes the suspension work different...so it’s hard to compare.

Either way, I spend 75-80% of my time on asphalt. So I’ll jump into some trails after the holidays. If it’s overkill...so far I’m happy with it. Good luck!

"RUGER"
2016 Rubicon - Hard Rock

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

fiend

Caught the Bug
Replaced the driver side knuckle. This is what the old one looked like. Thankfully Ed (Brute) came to the rescue and sent me some from his stock. Thanks again! IMG_0328.jpg IMG_0325.jpg

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Shit, I still can't believe how bad that is and that you didn't really feel anything loose. [emoji33]

Install the new ball joints while you were at it?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I’m so thankful I didn’t have a catastrophic failure. I also discovered that the nut on the lower passenger side ball joint was really loose. Tightened that up at the same time that I replaced the driver side knuckle.

I ended up ordering some Rancho knuckles after seeing some of the carnage my tie rod has endured. When those come, I’ll do a front end refresh. Install the prosteers and new knuckles, raise the PSC ram tabs on the TB bracket, and fix whatever else needs tidying.

I may not have time for all this until March. Until then, Ed’s knuckles will see me through.

Last edited:

BaddestCross

I’m so thankful I didn’t have a catastrophic failure. I also discovered that the nut on the lower passenger side ball joint was really loose. Tightened that up at the same time that I replaced the driver side knuckle.

I ended up ordering some Rancho knuckles after seeing some of the carnage my tie rod has endured. When those come, I’ll do a front end refresh. Install the prosteers and new knuckles, raise the PSC ram tabs on the TB bracket, and fix whatever else needs tidying.

I may not have time for all this until March. Until then, Ed’s knuckles will see me through.

I noticed the nut on the lower was loose in the photo. Glad they're still usable.

I've considered going high steer, but since I upgraded my tie rod I haven't worried about it as much. I bent the shit out of the stock tie rod though. 🤪

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Finally got my Evo spare tire carrier installed Saturday. I had a great time working on the Jeep with great friends from Wayalife! Thanks Mark, Rick, and Austin, had a really nice time at the Ft!

Attachments

• IMG_20181215_164838.jpg
    IMG_20181215_164838.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20181215_164827.jpg
    IMG_20181215_164827.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20181215_150806.jpg
    IMG_20181215_150806.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 161
Top Bottom