What was done to your rig this week?

Slimebones

Thanks Doug.

So far I have only used it on 110. I tried the 220 outlet in the garage, but it is dead. The breaker felt funky, so it may need replaced, or there may be more issues, I'm not sure.

I got 0.35 wire, and could not dial it down enough to do some work on thin sheet metal. I think I will get a roll of 0.23 and try that.

I did build a couple of tools out of 1/4" square stock, and the lowest setting it will go to with the 0.35 wire, which was 80 amps. It worked good, but I had to go in short spurts, as it was really overheating the metal.

I'm also going to try it out on stick, with some 1/8 7018 rod, then later add gas to it for solid wire. It is set up for that.

That's a real plus to be able to use 110v on 1/4" stuff.

jeeeep

Hooked
Yeah evap has been replaced a couple times. Last was by the dealer and it hasn’t really been driving since replacement. I’d be interested in seeing your leak.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

this is what was causing my small leak code - the fitting felt tight when I checked it but it was only because it was dry rot stuck along the bottom

once I removed it, I could feel how loose it actually was on the fitting.

the hose clamp is working for now but I plan to replace that piece of hose when I replace the water pump

SmallEvapLeak.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Think I may have found the issue. I think this nipple was broken off. Drilled it out and glued it back together. Once it dries I can reinstall the tank and see what the deal is.

IMG_1425.jpg
IMG_1426.jpg
IMG_1426.jpg

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Think I may have found the issue. I think this nipple was broken off. Drilled it out and glued it back together. Once it dries I can reinstall the tank and see what the deal is.

View attachment 360123
View attachment 360124
View attachment 360124

Wow. Any chance of just getting another one instead of glueing it? Would be a pain to reinstall and it doesn’t work because of a glue failure or something.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BaddestCross

jdofmemi

Do you even crossmember bro?

View attachment 360125

That's a good one. First one I have seen bent as bad as mine was. My transfer case was smashed hard against the top of the tunnel. I think the stock ones are made of tinfoil.

View attachment 360123
View attachment 360124
View attachment 360124

All the time and money at the dealership, you would think they would have found that.

jeeeep

Hooked

View attachment 360123
View attachment 360124
View attachment 360124

that little bastard piece seems to break on a lot of tanks. what glue did you use?

my buddy's broke on the same fitting, tried gluing it back but broke when he put the hose back. he found a decent replacement unit at a junkyard.

will be interested to know if it holds when you put the hose back on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom