What was done to your rig this week?

bmkrinne

Looks great. Gold lug nuts would have been an eye sore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks good Brian!

Did you gain some stance, or keep it narrow like it was with the AEV wheels you had?

Looks really sharp

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Jeep is looking great! I love the black wheels with a silver body

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Nice wheels!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Those looks Awesome! I love the black against the silver color combo.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words! My old wheels were also black so not much of a make over, but the change allowed me to accomplish 3 objectives:
1. Widen the stance of the jeep
2. Make room for the Dynatrac big brake upgrade
3. Install beadlocks to run lower air pressure

Next I plan on replacing the fender flares with painted aluminum Genright flares and cutting the AEV bumpers similar to Bill's jeep. The 37's are rubbing on my front and rear bumper at full stuff. The fronts going to be even worse now with the wheels sticking out more. But the rubbing on the front skid plate and lower control arms will be gone!!!

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words! My old wheels were also black so not much of a make over, but the change allowed me to accomplish 3 objectives:

Next I plan on replacing the fender flares with painted aluminum Genright flares and cutting the AEV bumpers similar to Bill's jeep. The 37's are rubbing on my front and rear bumper at full stuff. The fronts going to be even worse now with the wheels sticking out more. But the rubbing on the front skid plate and lower control arms will be gone!!!

Let me know when your ready for the chop. I’ll get you pictures and measurements.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Very nice! You will like the confidence you get from the wider stance.

MericaMade

Glad to hear your going with Genright fenders they are awesome. I remember your rear tires rubbing real good in Moad. Nice upgrades you got planned.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bmkrinne

Let me know when your ready for the chop. I’ll get you pictures and measurements.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks! I appreciate it Bill. I’m going to do the chop myself and have a buddy weld it for me. If it turns out close to yours it’ll be a WIN!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bmkrinne

Very nice! You will like the confidence you get from the wider stance.

I went with the 4.4” backspacing instead of the 3.5” to minimize the wear on the ball joints and reduce potential of rear shaft bending. This pushed each tire out about an inch. Supposed to be 0.8” just looking at backspacing but actual was >1”. Must be from the wider wheels and more negative offset.

bmkrinne

Glad to hear your going with Genright fenders they are awesome. I remember your rear tires rubbing real good in Moad. Nice upgrades you got planned.

Yeah, the rubbing is driving me crazy!!! The pop, pop, pop when going over obstacles is frustrating considering the amount of time, money and effort I’ve put into this Jeep. Time to spend some more money!!!

Besides, the Genright fenders are good for 40’s, right? Haha!!

MericaMade

Yeah, the rubbing is driving me crazy!!! The pop, pop, pop when going over obstacles is frustrating considering the amount of time, money and effort I’ve put into this Jeep. Time to spend some more money!!!

Besides, the Genright fenders are good for 40’s, right? Haha!!

That a boy, thinking ahead. They have 10% off right now on their website.

jdofmemi

Loaded the Jeep and took it to the dealer for warranty work. We will see how that turns out. Fingers crossed 🤞

Also cleaned it out before taking it. It had remnants of Moab, Colorado, Dusy, and the NY21 run all over inside.

I kept my deck/storage box so I can hopefully find time to finish it up and put the carpeting in it so it looks better.

Attachments

• PXL_20210226_234838314_copy_800x600.jpg
    PXL_20210226_234838314_copy_800x600.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20210226_184802873.MP_copy_800x600.jpg
    PXL_20210226_184802873.MP_copy_800x600.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 84

jdofmemi

That's a big ass trailer! I hope they come through for you Jerry.

It is, but it is a PITA. It's too big to be a small trailer, for one truck, Jeep, piece of equipment, and too small to be a big trailer, to fit two jeeps or two small pieces of equipment on.

It does tow nice though, much better than the back more pull trailers I have.

The price was right though, as it is a loaner from a good friend.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Loaded the Jeep and took it to the dealer for warranty work. We will see how that turns out. Fingers crossed 🤞

Also cleaned it out before taking it. It had remnants of Moab, Colorado, Dusy, and the NY21 run all over inside.

I kept my deck/storage box so I can hopefully find time to finish it up and put the carpeting in it so it looks better.

Hoping it all gets worked out for you.

Top Bottom