Watcha cookin'?

Brute

Hooked
Is that a real thing or did you wing it? I have never heard of Jamaicans using oxtail. Interesting if it’s a real dish.
It’s a real thing. When I was just in the Turks & Caicos, I ate at this Jamaican food truck that was excellent…jerk chicken & oxtail were their specialties…

Andy5160

Hooked
Trying to get used to this new griddle life
View attachment 390381
After cooking back on there everything else just gets really greasy. What’s some cooking methods everyone else uses? I used to cooking in separate pans on the stove top
Steve, I think you might over oiling things as the cooking surface is much larger and whatever it is you cook does not absorb oils/ grease as quick as you used to see on the pan( smaller cooking surface).So whatever it is you cook absorbs oils and then releases them at the end of the cooking process. I think you need to watch it and you’ll be fine when you get used to the griddle.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Steve, I think you might over oiling things as the cooking surface is much larger and whatever it is you cook does not absorb oils/ grease as quick as you used to see on the pan( smaller cooking surface).So whatever it is you cook absorbs oils and then releases them at the end of the cooking process. I think you need to watch it and you’ll be fine when you get used to the griddle.
Ok thanks Andy. Only oil I have been adding is when I’m done cooking I put a thin coat onto the griddle surface to keep it seasoned. Then put a little butter down before eggs hit the surface. Maybe I need to wipe down some of the grease before adding eggs and bread to the griddle?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ok thanks Andy. Only oil I have been adding is when I’m done cooking I put a thin coat onto the griddle surface to keep it seasoned. Then put a little butter down before eggs hit the surface. Maybe I need to wipe down some of the grease before adding eggs and bread to the griddle?
Once you have it seasoned you don’t need to add oil after cleaning. Just clean it with water, wipe it dry and cover it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Once you have it seasoned you don’t need to add oil after cleaning. Just clean it with water, wipe it dry and cover it.
Ok thanks Adam. Lots of YouTube channels I have watched while trying to learn this new way of cooking day to just add a coating especially if not being used for a while. Will try not adding oil next time after cleaning and see if that helps

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ok thanks Adam. Lots of YouTube channels I have watched while trying to learn this new way of cooking day to just add a coating especially if not being used for a while. Will try not adding oil next time after cleaning and see if that helps
I’ve left mine for months without adding oil after cleaning and never had issues.

Ddays

Hooked
make sure you use a quality oil with a high smoke point as well. Avacado works well or a good Evoo.

also with our humidity you have to make sure it doesn’t rust if it’s gonna be a while in between uses. It’s no problem bringing it back to a clean surface, just a pain in the dock

Top Bottom