Waste Of Money Mods Thread

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
What winch do you run?

Superwinch Tigershark 11,500

It was the only American made winch I could find except for Warn that didn't break my bank. Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces yet. Gotta get off my stock 32" wheels first!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

It was the only American made winch I could find except for Warn that didn't break my bank. Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces yet. Gotta get off my stock 32" wheels first!

thats the best size to put it to the test with lol

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

Nothing wrong with made in America products.
I will note that the factor 55 lock nut is made in China.

BBG

This bracket broke on me twice just call them today and they are telling me I must have smacked a rock with it. Without even seeing the picture first. Showed them pictures of the shock body, no sign of damage done by a rock:what:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
ATS Steering Stabilizer a waste?

Why so?

I have one and it seems to work fine.....

I think they are referring to the cost and functionality vs. the OEM stabilizer. I'm unfamiliar with the price of the fox but I'm sure it probably costs more than the OEM and does the same job with no noticeable performance improvement. Hence why Moby and EVO-1 used to run nothing more than the OEM stabilizer prior to hydro assist.

kg6bws

I think they are referring to the cost and functionality vs. the OEM stabilizer. I'm unfamiliar with the price of the fox but I'm sure it probably costs more than the OEM and does the same job with no noticeable performance improvement. Hence why Moby and EVO-1 used to run nothing more than the OEM stabilizer prior to hydro assist.

Id have to agree with this. I have the Fox on mine, and while I think it works really well, theres no way Id pay full price for it. I bought mine used from a friend for $100. Full price was like $250 or $300, something like that. I noticed a major difference from the stock SS but not enough to justify that kind of price for the Fox.

BBG

ForumRunner_20150202_075142.png

Hopefully the pictures are up now, but mine broke twice and now the through shaft is ruined. .... called fox and they initially said that it wasn't intended for that kind off road use. ...WTF? LOL they gave me a replacement bracket witch broke again. Don't know why they made that tie rod bracket out of aluminum anyway... if you watch part 4 if the 2014 jkx you'll see jks snap theirs in two. ........ for 400 hundred bucks don't think you should be having those problems.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150202_075232.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150202_075232.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 274
  • ForumRunner_20150202_075438.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150202_075438.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 291

BigPrince

Rugged Ridge Snorkel. Did more damage to the Jeep putting it on and pulling it off than good. The retention design on the cowl makes it a grand pita to install. It seemed to work fine when NA but when I put a SC on it, it would only allow ~2lbs of boost. After removing it, SC started making ~10lbs of boost with AFE Momentum intake. While it may work NA, I wouldn't run it as that shows just how much the small tubing chokes the life out of the intake. There was also another one that looked even smaller at SEMA this year but can't remember who. I'm sure it'll be advertised soon if not already.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Rugged Ridge Snorkel. Did more damage to the Jeep putting it on and pulling it off than good. The retention design on the cowl makes it a grand pita to install. It seemed to work fine when NA but when I put a SC on it, it would only allow ~2lbs of boost. After removing it, SC started making ~10lbs of boost with AFE Momentum intake. While it may work NA, I wouldn't run it as that shows just how much the small tubing chokes the life out of the intake. There was also another one that looked even smaller at SEMA this year but can't remember who. I'm sure it'll be advertised soon if not already.
Interesting and here i have been wondering which snorkel i was gonna pick up .. was leaning towards this as i like that it does come up through the cowl ,doesnt like the fact the tube does look small .. may have to give this more thought before picking one up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom