Waste Of Money Mods Thread

K.D.C.H

There's a lot of products out there that, lets face it, are just a complete waste of money, do absolutely nothing or very little to improve a rig or are just a pain in the ass to deal with. If you or someone you know have invested money into a mod that proved to be useless, the cost wasn't worth the benefit or it just gave you nothing but headaches please post up with what the product was and why it was a dud.

This thread is not intended to be a bash thread on any brands or products but rather to help educate those new to the Jeep industry and help them to avoid falling victim to the snake oil salesmen that seem to plague just about every industry out there.

Jackal01

Cold air intake. I had CAI on 3 different vehicles (two fords, 1 wk2) and none of them benefited the vehicles except a slightly better sound.

Lil Nasty

Cold air intake. I had CAI on 3 different vehicles (two fords, 1 wk2) and none of them benefited the vehicles except a slightly better sound.

I'm trying to get my buddy to trade me for his stock intake because I don't like the extra noise. The PO installed the intake and exhaust. I'll just keep the exhaust. Haha

Jackal01

I'm trying to get my buddy to trade me for his stock intake because I don't like the extra noise. The PO installed the intake and exhaust. I'll just keep the exhaust. Haha

I have always learned the hard way with everything. It took 3 CAIs to learn they were all a waste of money.

Ah2014jk

Spare wheel/tire spacer

That one I may disagree with as they do serve a purpose. If you have large tires and a LOC you sometimes need them until you can fix the rubbing. I can't afford either new axles or a bigger backspace rim right now so I have them. Without running them
I wouldn't be able to turn without hitting the frame pretty good. Running them on stock tires or like 33s would be silly I agree.
That being said my spidertrax will go once I do wider axles or slabs.

That one I may disagree with as they do serve a purpose. If you have large tires and a LOC you sometimes need them until you can fix the rubbing. I can't afford either new axles or a bigger backspace rim right now so I have them. Without running them
I wouldn't be able to turn without hitting the frame pretty good. Running them on stock tires or like 33s would be silly I agree.
That being said my spidertrax will go once I do wider axles or slabs.

I believe he was talking about the spare tire spacer kits not wheel spacers.

Top Bottom