VIDEO : JKX 2020 - Rocotillo Rapids & Habanero Falls New Mexico / PART 1

bhaner

I don't know about anyone else... But a leaky ARB when I am trying to work an obstacle really gets me frustrated in a hurry! :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can't wait to watch this later!

Hope you enjoy it :cool:

Sweet. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to checking it out.

Sorry for the video being so long but we hope you enjoy it just the same.

Awesome video as usual!

Thank you. We're so glad you enjoyed it :)

Nice Cindy, show them how it's done! Love the video guys! Cant wait for the next video!

Happy to hear you enjoyed our video and more is coming your way soon :yup:

I’m looking forward to watching it on a bigger screen than my phone soon...but if there is fucking swearing in it, well I dunno...”

:cheesy: You should see the shit we've been getting for it. :crazyeyes:

Shakedown run, lol. That was intense.

LOL - yeah, it was the real deal. Lots of fun though :yup:

Thanks for taking us along for the ride if that’s just the shake down run the road ahead ought to be interesting :thumb:

I think we were all surprised at the level of wheeling we had to do on day 1 but I don't think anyone was complaining. Good stuff for sure :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fun day! You captured it well! Nice video.

Thank you my friend. It was great having you out there with us to join in the fun :thumb:

Thanks Cindy and Eddie for the video memories!

First day was a bit interesting for Adam and I as we lost the AC compressor, broke a sway bar end link, had issues with no lockers that ultimately ended up being the ARB compressor pressure switch being stuck. After a pre-trip maintenance, we were also a couple of quarts low on the transmission loop which lead to slipping on some waterfalls. Oh, and broke a winch line all on the first day “shakedown”.

Thanks to a little help from others, we were able to pretty much work through the issues and keep moving with the group all day and make repairs with Eddie’s help that evening.

LOL - it was a hell of a first day for sure! So glad that we were able to get most of that shit resolved that evening. It was great to have you on the trip with us and hope to get out there with you again soon :yup:

Man what a great day 1. If that’s a shakedown then what the fuck kind of shenanigans ensued in the subsequent days?!?! Can’t wait to see more. [emoji482]

So glad you enjoyed the video and more is coming soon :yup:

That was crazy. :thumb:

LOL - glad you enjoyed it :)

That was a serious trail, looking fwd to seeing the rest of the trip! That poor 2 door had his work cut out for him, but he was out there.

I've actually been to that hotel, friend got married there a couple years ago, not sure if it was open due to everything, but a pretty decent size bar on the far side that was a good time

Glad you got around to watching the video and enjoyed it. The 2-door struggled the whole trip but Matt was a trooper.

As far as the hotel goes, it was really nice but thanks to the virus, the bar wasn't open. :rolleyes2:

great intro!! sucked that it was based on reality

nothing like the rumbling of a V8, was everyone on 40's?

skid plates got a workout, that was a hell of a shakedown! :thumb:

Pretty much everyone was running 40's. I think the 2-door was the only one not.

Looking forward to the rest.

Awesome! Hope to get it up soon. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was an amazing video! I’m glad Moby was good through New Mexico so you guys were able to experience what we have here. Very bad ass.

Thank you. We're so glad you enjoyed our video and yes, we were able to enjoy all that New Mexico has to offer. So hope to make it back out there to do more in the future.

Awesome video and looks like an even better shake down run! The trail really put all the JK's to the test. Looking forward to more videos to come. :thumb:

Thank you my friend. The trails out there are awesome and hope to show you more soon :yup:

That first trail reminds me of Billings Canyon.

Looks fun!:rock:

LOL - I think Cindy and I said the same thing while we were there. :crazyeyes:

I don't know about anyone else... But a leaky ARB when I am trying to work an obstacle really gets me frustrated in a hurry! :cheesy:

Yeah, I've always been a fan of ARB but the constant leak issues we've been having with our ProRock 80 has been a real bummer.

bhaner

Yeah, I've always been a fan of ARB but the constant leak issues we've been having with our ProRock 80 has been a real bummer.

Same here!

I finally got both mine to seal by replacing the internal bonded seal.

Only to notice that my passenger side oil seal in the front is now leaking. Figures.

Probably answered elsewhere but is the new engine running a dry sump or anything stopping it from oil starvation when it gets THAT vertical?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

Great video of an epic adventure!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the trip, and hoping to be able to join in one day👍👍👍

A.J.

“Shakedown run!?!” Ha ha! That’s awesome! Looking forward to the “real” stuff [emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Great video, one hell of a shakedown run. Looks like your adventure will include some technical difficulties. Hope they weren't too much of a headache and looking forward to how you guys resolve them on the trails! I've always been impressed with the triage you all can pull off on these adventures.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Probably answered elsewhere but is the new engine running a dry sump or anything stopping it from oil starvation when it gets THAT vertical?

While you can get a dry sump for the LT, ours is just a stock motor and so it doesn't have one. That being said, the new LT is designed with increased oil control and from what I've seen, will still do well with over 53 degrees of engine tilt. Needless to say, we had no problems.

Great video of an epic adventure!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the trip, and hoping to be able to join in one day👍👍👍

Be way cool if you could join us for one of these :thumb:

“Shakedown run!?!” Ha ha! That’s awesome! Looking forward to the “real” stuff [emoji51]

LOL - yeah, that's what we thought as well. Truth be told, the rest of the trip was a lot like this or at least, in regards to the harder wheeling. :crazyeyes:

Great video, one hell of a shakedown run. Looks like your adventure will include some technical difficulties. Hope they weren't too much of a headache and looking forward to how you guys resolve them on the trails! I've always been impressed with the triage you all can pull off on these adventures.

It was a lot of fun and none of it was a headache. :cool:

Awesome video as always! Looks like fun!

Glad you enjoyed it :)

jesse3638

Hooked
Great video and thanks for putting it together. You and Cindy really know how to capture everything. Really made me want to get on the trail. Once I get my gears broken in and the new front driveshaft installed ull be ready for a shakedown. Maybe not quite like this one though...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bhaner

This may be a dumb question... But how do you get on the list for one of these trips? I always hear about them when everyone is already on the way!

I don't have cool guy rock lights or a V8 but I promise to try my best not to slow everyone down... :D

Heck... I even pretend to be able to spot for people now and then...

Brute

Hooked
Pretty awesome video, as usual...hell of a shakedown run. The sound of air compressors cycling on and off is music to my ears...Unfortunately the intro is a precursor to what is to come...sorry for both you and Cindy...and where is the Ripster?

jesse3638

Hooked
This may be a dumb question... But how do you get on the list for one of these trips? I always hear about them when everyone is already on the way!

I don't have cool guy rock lights or a V8 but I promise to try my best not to slow everyone down... :D

This particular trip is put together by Mel at ORE and Nitto Tires. Usually there is a sign up online and participants are drawn to go.

If a Wayalife run is open to the forum Eddie will post it up here with any requirements. Its typically a first come type of sign up. Jist keep your eyes open for future runs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
awesome video, cant wait for the next episode!!!

So glad you enjoyed it :)

Great video and thanks for putting it together. You and Cindy really know how to capture everything. Really made me want to get on the trail. Once I get my gears broken in and the new front driveshaft installed ull be ready for a shakedown. Maybe not quite like this one though...haha.

That's awesome! All we ever hope is to inspire others to get out and have some fun. :thumb:

This particular trip is put together by Mel at ORE and Nitto Tires. Usually there is a sign up online and participants are drawn to go.

If a Wayalife run is open to the forum Eddie will post it up here with any requirements. Its typically a first come type of sign up. Jist keep your eyes open for future runs.

What jesse said ^^^^ The JKX is not our run and you'd have to apply to attend. Our trips, we post up here. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing the trip. Look forward to the next episode! It was cool to see a 2 door out there this year [emoji106]

It was very cool to have a 2-door on this trip and Matt was a good guy :yup:

Pretty awesome video, as usual...hell of a shakedown run. The sound of air compressors cycling on and off is music to my ears...Unfortunately the intro is a precursor to what is to come...sorry for both you and Cindy...and where is the Ripster?

Eh, shit happens and we had fun. Our son watched Ripley while we were gone. :yup:

Top Bottom