TUCKED or UNTUCKED : Aftermarket Jeep Products Survey

TUCKED or UNTUCKED - What "Look" do You Prefer?

• TUCKED - Full fenders and tires under them

Votes: 163 40.3%
  • UNTUCKED - Trimmed, flat or no fenders and tires sticking far out

Votes: 241 59.7%

• Total voters

Rynob79

Untucked

I like them like I wear my t shirt..... untucked. My wife is very picky on the looks of fenders. She has picked some tucked and some untucked that she likes.

Bwdesignworks

Untucked

I like the look of untucked. I just bought my rig so this is one of the things I will be changing in the near future. I have only been able to take it out a few times and have come close to rubbing or ripping the stockers off. Just trying to decide which one I like the best that won't break the bank.....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
High line full fenders all day. I like the look of the painted flares full and untouched. Just doesn’t work on the factory flares with little lift.

Thanks for giving away shot glasses too!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
I personally like tucked, we haven't had an issue with clearance yet. Im sure when we eventually got to 37s there might be a change of mind...

jsukey

I am all for untucked, even though I am still currently tucked. The reason being, I'm running front and rear AEV bumpers. I think it would look goofy to change my front fenders out for anything other than stock, as the front bumper is precisely contoured to the lines of the front fenders. Fear not though, a buddy of mine owns a metal fabrication shop and we will be cutting down the front bumper when I have some free time to do so. I have picked out a couple of different vendors whose fenders would flow nicely with the cut bumper, so all will be well! The rear bumper is more forgiving with a lot of the fenders that I have seen. I will probably have to do some notching on my JCR rock sliders, but nothing too bad. Stepping up to 37's after that!

10338777_10152226930288371_1470214969540351014_n.jpg
045.jpg

flat fenders. I like the look and I stand on mine all the time so I like the additional sturdiness and functionality of a tube fender. That being said, if this wasn't my DD and it was legal, I'd love to not have any fenders.

Rhampson3

I prefer the cut flat look. It reminds me of the look of the 46 willys that several of my buddies had years ago. I cut mine myself following your write up. And I don't know why my photos keep getting rotated.

Attachments

• IMG_4789.jpg
    IMG_4789.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3741.jpg
    IMG_3741.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 90

Esum2016

20171218093404-f070458d.jpg

Hey Everyone, Cindy and I are conducting another super simple survey to help us better understand the members here on WAYALIFE and how decisions are made regarding aftermarket Jeep products. If you're willing and have the time, we'd be grateful if you could please answer our simple single question poll. Unfortunately, you will need to do this from the full site as the poll will not work on our app.

While we would ALSO love for you to expand on your thoughts regarding this question, what we're really hoping for are the statistics that the survey will provide. To help make your efforts worth your while, we will be giving away WAYALIFE shot glasses to random members who participate in our poll.

Thanks for your help!

Tucked but I think it has a lot to do the mid width aftermarket fender I went with. I made my decision in that order. If I went with a stubby I would have trimmed or gone with flat fenders. Hope this helps.

:blush: I voted for the "Tucked" as I think the appearance is much better, but from a wheeling point of view, I think the "Un-Tucked" are much more practical :blush:

CharlesC

Voted on the full site, went with TUCKED. For me I like the balance and finished look. Untucked looks unfinished to me on only the Rear. As for the Front, some of the aftermarket inner fenders makes the untucked look way cool and seems to flows better with the front of the Jeep.[emoji482]50/50 count[emoji23]

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Tucked

I like tucked because I personally don’t like throwing mud, Little Rock’s, etc. all over my Jeep when I have to use a lot of throttle on a trail or on a gravel road. I do think that flat fenders look good when they cover most of the width of the tire.

2000TJDude

My personal preference is tucked. I just feel like it makes the proportions look better for the vehicle. Plus it's obviously better at keeping the bad stuff more under the fenders and less on the sides of my rig. Mine are trimmed a bit, and the 35's do stick out past a small amount.

Image1513663858.294516.jpg

Last edited:

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I prefer Untucked all the way as it looks more aggressive I feel it can prevent some minor fender rash on narrow obstacles, especially with cut fenders. I can rub up against a rock and practically climb it with my sidewalls without fear of scratching my fenders. Tucked fenders look a bit too "stock" for my taste.

sunnysideup

I voted untucked... it can be done inexpensively, You can go with more tire and less lift and not have fender contact. But in the world of cookie cutter stock looking jeeps... I just think the untucked look stands out as a modified Jeep. I've had JKU owners look at mine and ask what model it is... and I like to be able to say, that "it's my version of my jeep". There are downsides... the jeep is always dirty, you can't go over six feet of road construction without looking like you have been mud bogging, and it probably throws more rocks at others on the highway. However if you ever use chains on the ice, and throw one... your have a good chance of coming through without damage. So ups and downs to both... Mostly I like the modified look, and I don't mind a dirty jeep...:brows:

Top Bottom