TUCKED or UNTUCKED : Aftermarket Jeep Products Survey

TUCKED or UNTUCKED - What "Look" do You Prefer?

• TUCKED - Full fenders and tires under them

Votes: 163 40.3%
  • UNTUCKED - Trimmed, flat or no fenders and tires sticking far out

Votes: 241 59.7%

• Total voters

SKT

I voted for the ‘tucked’ look; although I prefer when the tires stick out an inch or two.

IMO, the Mopar high line fenders provides a tasteful OEM+ look a/ properly off-set wheels and tire size.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I went with UnTucked . I like the look. And even with my factory uncut fenders I still get water spots from the sprinkler runoff from the damn dips in the road in SoCal. You know the ones you have to creep through right after you wash your jeep.:doh:

Maineiac

Tucked keeps the Wrangler the way it's supposed to look [emoji14] .. untucked looks like it requires 8 D batteries and a kid with a remote control to mess in the sand box

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jhubright

Must be tucked

Although i like the look of the tires sticking out. I believe the law in Mass says that your tires must be under a wheel well and not stick out past the fender more than 1/2 inch.... BUMMER....

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So I will have to say that it was a tough decision for me but I vote for untucked look due to the aggressive attitude it gives a Jeep. The advantages it gives on the trail with tires hitting before the body hits are nice to have.

So here's where it was hard for me to decide I do like the factory fender look seeing as that's what D-day 2.0 is running, but my tires are not tucked in so kinda the best of both worlds in my opinion. I hope this helps out on the survey but its my answer.

twshutika

untucked . . .

my TJ is very untucked, meaning no flares, and chopped fenders. the JKU will be getting the OEM flares trimmed when i start working on it. looks so much better that way.

Basscat

For people who like and prefer the tucked or factory look, I'd really be interested in hearing your thought on this after you vote. :yup:

I personally like the factory “tucked” look. The only reason I have flat aftermarket fenders is to accommodate up travel for 40s. The best overall look on a Jeep, for me, is that “factory on steroids look”.

My Jeep, the “Milk Cow” in the back looks just fine to me with untucked flat fenders but it used to look like the Jeep up front when it had 37s. I’ve always liked the clean look of the “factory on steroids” build.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_0001.JPG

Last edited:

rockwell

Fender laws here. I like them slightly untucked, trails are tight and the trees do a number on fenders if they come in contact instead of the tire. Picking a better line isn’t always an option. I went with the Metal Cloak Overlines, I got wide ones for inspection/daily driver and narrow ones for daily driver/trail use. I take them off for tougher trails, I might not have bothered with the narrow ones but being fenderless here will be a ticket for sure and I’m not crazy about that look.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

My official vote is untucked.

How mine has changed...

255/80R17 BFG KM2's tucked, EVO level and nothing trimmed
IMG_4746.JPG

Tucked
IMG_4747.JPG

Added 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers
IMG_4748.JPG

Chopped factory front bumper
IMG_4749.JPG

Chopped factory flares
IMG_4750.JPG

Current on 35's, no more wheel spacers and still on the EVO leveling kit (definitely my favorite)

IMG_4751.JPG

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Mixed bag for me, a A or B doesn't really get at it, as a lot of comments reflect.

I'm not fan of flat edge-only type fenders. Prefer there be 'some' amount of material along the fender's perimeter. The metal tube common with some flat fenders, Metalcloak's come to mind, work for me. An equally important question is rigid or flexible? Having torn off an OEM fender once already w/o other damage while seeing others with metal fenders but sheet metal damage behind them, makes this an issue for me.

The other aspect that comes with flat fenders, is most folks don't finish the wheel well interior. I like flats--that also have a finished wheel well. Just seeing the tub in back doesn't work for me.

TIres, in/out, I like where about 1/3 of the tire's protruding. ooks good. But not a fan of having mud thrown on windshield though. Hard to have it both ways.

:)

pop2tu

Untucked! I love the look of a big tire sticking out past the fender. I don’t care for the aftermarket flat fenders, I would rather have stock trimmed fenders. Take the money you would spend on aftermarket fenders and put it towards something else.

HoustonHeathen

For people who like and prefer the tucked or factory look, I'd really be interested in hearing your thought on this after you vote. :yup:

I prefer the factory/tucked look. Which is what I have right now. Eventually I'll be going with flat fenders though, because of the extra clearance they'll provide. I only have a 2.5" lift and will be running 35's. Right now I'm running large 33's (33.4"), and they occasionally scrape the fenders when I'm really flexing. If money was no object, I would keep my factory fenders, or get larger ones that would cover my larger tires and get a bigger lift to run 35's. And hell as long as money is no object, let me go ahead and upgrade axles, re-gear, and get 37's!! oh, but now I'm probably really gonna need flat fenders for those 37's.. sigh. LOL!

The reason I like the factory look is just a personal preference, I think the flat fenders look silly, like they are there for looks only and have no function. To me, the Fenders and the grill are two distinctive identifying features that are uniquely JEEP. If I ever traded out my grill, I would want the new grill to still have the 7 vertical slots, retaining something of a factory jeep look. I feel the same about the fenders.

Having said that, and since money IS an object, I'm still going to cut mine for extra clearance once I've got the larger tires... ;)

Top Bottom