TUCKED or UNTUCKED : Aftermarket Jeep Products Survey

TUCKED or UNTUCKED - What "Look" do You Prefer?

• TUCKED - Full fenders and tires under them

Votes: 163 40.3%
  • UNTUCKED - Trimmed, flat or no fenders and tires sticking far out

Votes: 241 59.7%

• Total voters

mauijim

I prefer the flat or curved end with tires sticking out. Not much of a factory fender fan. But the law here doesn’t. I still have my factory fenders only cause I’ve been building from the ground up and just bought my Cooper STT 37’s today, so working my way up towards the fenders. Shocks and adjustable control arms and then I’ll decide what to do with my fenders

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I voted untucked, because I like the look of flat fenders, whether chopped, or after market. I would love to run wheels with as much backspace as I can get by with, though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JJP

Prefer tucked factory look

For people who like and prefer the tucked or factory look, I'd really be interested in hearing your thought on this after you vote. :yup:

Factory looking fenders that have the clearance are the way to go for us. Just not really into the flat fender airplane wing look.

Schwarttzy

What if clearance wasn't an issue? In the case of the green JK shown in the photo, it's running highline fenders. Still like the flat fender look better?

Modifying for the sake of modifying without any real world benefits is same as a fake hood scoop, it doesn't do anything for the performance.

Livin4Today

I voted Tucked but...

I prefer Tucked for cleanliness, yet run the Aries Aluminum fenders, which are flat styled after the GenRight shape/mold, yet have a roll to catch alot of the stuff the tires throw. In the Pacific Northwest we see a lot of variable weather and keeping as much junk down is better for driving safely. ;)

Having previously run both styles of trimmed factory fenders (Flatty and trimmed after the roll) I preffer a finished edge to keep things flowing downward and not flying out the side so much... :blush:

flat cut stock.jpg Finished cut stocks.jpg Aries Aluminum.jpg
Flat Cut/After Roll Cut/Aries Aluminum

Last edited:

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I prefer the untucked look when it comes to fenders with some inner liners just because it looks cleaner to me. I always catch myself looking out my window and I enjoy that I can see my tires moving whether it's on the highway or off-road.

jeeeep

Hooked
I like the clean lines of the tucked for the JK

something about he stock fenders for me is like the grill - it makes the Jeep.

If I could trim the stock fenders about 1" and still retain the overall shape I'd do it - but still be the clean lines of tucked

I like the fenders on the JL - I can see removing the black strip portion and they would still say stock but with style.

flat fenders on the old Willys work because the rest of the body lines flow with the flat fenders.

I sold a brand new set of bushwacker flat fenders because the more I looked at them the more I didn't care for the look.

I've got a set of the MCE fenders but haven't put them on because when I see the fronts sometimes I like them and sometimes I don't. same dilemma I had with the bushwackers :thinking:

overall IMO the stock fenders give the Jeep nice body lines from the side that flats take away from.

cocokrispes

I defiantly like the flat fender look look myself. But i don't like the full exposed tire.

Seems that this is a really close poll.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Tucked or Untucked?

I prefer the tucked look because it keeps debris like mud and dust and rocks from coating the side of the Jeep and making it hard for passengers to climb in or get out of the Jeep without messing their clothes. Having said that, I know someone will comment that I am running untucked. That's because hindsight is 20-20. :bleh:

PittDMD

I prefer the look of the stock fenders. A little narrower would be good.
Definitely prefer the protection from debris and live with the restrictions on clearance.
Besides seen several untucked tires here in AZ and they frequently look unfinished and not thought through.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JokerJ420

Tucked

I like the tucked look because everyone where I live has big trucks with their wheels sticking out 6 or more inches past the fenders and it looks like shit, I guess they want the Sema look. I also don't have to worry about the cops pulling me over because stick out is to far and most of our trails are mud so the fenders give some coverage and protection. Common courtesy for other people because those m/t's whip rock's pretty good and my Jeep don't need that kind of clearance yet because it only does little Jeep things.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So, I don't know if you know but the JL fenders are actually a bit narrower than the JK and the axles on a Rubicon are wider. If you were to get bigger tires on a JL or a JK with this kind of stance from the factory, would you want a wider axle or wheels with less back spacing that would push your tires out further or, would you want to try and keep the same look?

Huh good question. I think I would do what you did on rubicat and get a wider axle but do wheels with more backspacing and still do flat fenders. Keep the wheels pushed out a bit without losing to much SAI and turning radius.

In all honesty I don’t know what I would want on the JL tho because part of what would decide the mods is how wide of a tire I could put on with the most backspacing possible and on what suspension system.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I had already planned on flat fenders but after last weekend and wheeling on the biggest stuff I've done..... Flat Fenders hands down, have to have the clearance.

georgesadlik

We run ours untucked with full width PR60's and KMC Machete beadlocks (-4" / -38 BS), so that even with the old trailed fenders our wheels (37") have around 4" of wheel poke. This is our biggest issue as the road laws in Australia prohibit this. So we end up running around white knuckled in fear of getting pulled over on our way to the trails.
Having said that, we love the stance it gives us and i'm currently working with a local fibreglass guy to make 'new' versions of the removable fenders to cover up the wheel some.

Attachments

• 23517586_1679136155492806_1336667231308467396_n.jpg
    23517586_1679136155492806_1336667231308467396_n.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 101

Tumbleweed

I truly like the flat fender look. Not a fan of the trimmed fender look, although I understand the benefits and cost savings.
I first had Bushwacker flat fenders. They were okay until I ripped them half off in Canada running Gitchee Gumee, north of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. After that I decided that I wanted something more durable. I went with Poison Spyder steel fender flares. So far, so good.
As far as the tires sticking out question, I like them to stick out a bit, maybe 2'-3' past the outer edge of the fender.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I prefer the untucked look. I think it looks better and gives a more aggressive look, besides being able to run bigger tires with less lift. Now I just need some time and decent weather on my days off to trim mine up. :yup:

gfe jeep

untucked

I'm running 37's with trimmed factory flares. I like the flat fender look and my back spacing is 4" so they stick out a little.
I knew I could go to 40" tires without any changes in the future.
The trimmed factory flares means if I knock them off, its a few new clips to put them back on!

Top Bottom