TUCKED or UNTUCKED : Aftermarket Jeep Products Survey

TUCKED or UNTUCKED - What "Look" do You Prefer?

• TUCKED - Full fenders and tires under them

Votes: 163 40.3%
  • UNTUCKED - Trimmed, flat or no fenders and tires sticking far out

Votes: 241 59.7%

• Total voters

Trail JK

While I like the look of untucked I have also always been a big fan of the highliner fender. Since first catching a glimpse years ago (2009) of the lower forty build. So I will say tucked with 40’s but I would want to cut the front of the fender at an angle.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

14JK-U

flatties all the way, nothing better than a modern Jeep with a throw back to the original that got this whole way of life started. and I just like how they look :cheesy:

Xhisors

both.png

Seriously though, if I HAD to chose. Untucked. But I love the look of the factory fenders colour matched, it just looks super clean.

robx251

Caught the Bug
20171218093404-f070458d.jpg

Hey Everyone, Cindy and I are conducting another super simple survey to help us better understand the members here on WAYALIFE and how decisions are made regarding aftermarket Jeep products. If you're willing and have the time, we'd be grateful if you could please answer our simple single question poll. Unfortunately, you will need to do this from the full site as the poll will not work on our app.

While we would ALSO love for you to expand on your thoughts regarding this question, what we're really hoping for are the statistics that the survey will provide. To help make your efforts worth your while, we will be giving away WAYALIFE shot glasses to random members who participate in our poll.

Thanks for your help!

I know that I am in the minority, but i prefer the look of the tucked between those two photos. I have considered multiple times of going and trimming my flares but every time i think about it I just cant get over that skinny front lip facing forward. I just can't get over how it looks unfinished and incomplete. I agree that having the trimmed fenders are the way to go for larger sizes better flex and minimal lift, but I just cant bring my self to do it. If i were able to get some better looking flat fender options that had a more finished look on them I would go flat and get some 37's next time around.

I like the full fender tucked look. And is the reason why it took me only 5 years to cut my fenders. lol
I would love a pair of paint matched highline or factory style fenders.

Happy Camper

Tucked

Personally, I like the way my JKU looks stock. I'll change anything that won't do what i need it to do, but I'd rather it keep that clean look. :yup:

TGPJKUR

Untucked with the flatties just looks more menacing, I like it! It makes PA inspection time a pain in the ass though. I found a shop that will pass mine but it has now changed ownership so we will see in a few months if I'm looking for another place to go.

Beast SA

I really love the aggressive look of the untucked ‘but’ the disadvantage of driving a truck with untucked or nearly no fender is the amount of mud and stones that it picks up and tosses back on to your rig on a normal day while going to work.
My rug is lifted and if I have to wear a suit for a site meeting, while driving 5km of dirt and mud to get to site, I must say that the Beast looks good all muddy but if I’m not careful while jumping out of the beast, I’d be have a meeting looking just like my rig

Sigma05

Tucking and flat fenders are two separate things. I like flat fenders both for looks and function. It allows for larger tires with less lift. But I don't like them sticking out passed the fenders. I got some +2" flat fenders and they're perfect. Just my 2 cents.

SHHHWAY

Untucked for sure

I also prefer my shirts untucked :thumb: Looks way better to me. :icon_crazy:
JK 12.2017.jpg
JK 12.2017 2.jpg

Last edited:

kawimoto

Untucked. Looks more aggressive, less chance of fenders making contact with trail obstacles so less damage potential. I think there are some good looking rigs with stock fenders but they always look better with some cleaner lines an narrow widths

Top Bottom