TUCKED or UNTUCKED : Aftermarket Jeep Products Survey

TUCKED or UNTUCKED - What "Look" do You Prefer?

• TUCKED - Full fenders and tires under them

Votes: 163 40.3%
  • UNTUCKED - Trimmed, flat or no fenders and tires sticking far out

Votes: 241 59.7%

• Total voters

Critter79

I like the untucked look from most angles, but I don't really like the way the tires stick out. In some cases, it can look very gnarly, but for a basic setup, not so much.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Untucked looks by far more aggressive to me and what I run but as a few others have mentioned....It is my DD and what is flung all over the side in any weather is a concern when I have to get out in business attire (which is every day). Worth the risk for me though.

ycats

For me the tucked fenders although they can give almost the same clearance and flat fenders when they are high lined, give the jeep a mild/stock look which some people like to go for. some people like the vehicles to look completely stock but have the function of an off roader, some may call it a sleeper wheeler. Others like myself like the untucked variant of our offroad rigs because it obviously gives more clearance but it also gives it a more extreme look. The vehicle is built for business and also when people go to larger and larger tires along with stretched suspensions the untucked will give the ability to still flex with less or any contact. If you were to try to run 42" tires with an axle stretch on tucked fenders then it would make contact unless you increased your bump a lot which would hinder your articulation and in turn reduce the effectiveness of your rig.

Untucked for me for functionality, badass looks, and the ability to go extreme with modifications.

desertrunner

In my opinion it comes down to how it looks from the front with a stubby bumper. I love the stubby that sits right at the edge of the grill and no fender coming down in the front. There is something to be said about a clean full width bumper and fenders that sit clean to it but it's not my cup of tea. For me untuck it all the way let all those parts we all spend so much money on shine out in the open and I just love the look of large agresive exposed tires.

Not to mention the original willies had flat fenders ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I didn't do a great job of reading the question the first time I answered. If the question is only tucked or untucked, then I like untucked because I do like the looks of the tires sticking out from under the fenders just a bit. This is true whether they are under flats or OEM style fenders. That said, I prefer the look of OEM style fenders or steel flats over trimmed OEM fenders.

TXBTK

Tucked

The tucked look is more appealing to my eye. There is an iconic look without losing the controlled, aggressive power of the rig.

Vincent

I guess I'm in the minority but I actually like the clean finished tucked look. The Mopar high clearance fenders are something I'm seriously considering when I go bigger in March. If fenders have to be cut for clearance I still prefer they have a lip.

I agree with your opinion as well. Speaking strictly on the aesthetics though, I just prefer the stock/classic look. I do understand the functionality of cut fenders, or something aftermarket, based on use which makes complete sense.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy and I want to thank everyone for your participation and help with this survey. It's been quite informative and we especially appreciated the feedback.

Selected totally at random, the following members have just WON a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses :thumb:

I like tucked because I personally don’t like throwing mud, Little Rock’s, etc. all over my Jeep when I have to use a lot of throttle on a trail or on a gravel road. I do think that flat fenders look good when they cover most of the width of the tire.

I prefer the flat fender look over stock look. Makes the JK look more aggressive.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Cindy and I want to thank everyone for your participation and help with this survey. It's been quite informative and we especially appreciated the feedback.

Selected totally at random, the following members have just WON a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses :thumb:

Eddie and Cindy,

Thank you both so much!!! This is awesome!

I never expected to be chosen.

This is a great way for my New Year to start off!

Thank you,
Matt

Sahara_Maverick

Tough one. I like the untucked look better.
However, by law here in WA I cannot drive my JKU with exposed tires. Therefore, I voted for the tucked.

USA2dr

Chop away

Untucked, tire sticking out looks good. Cutting the fenders is the way to go. Of course it depends on the look you are going for, to me the overland has the full fender setup and the aggressive offroad guy or gal has the cut fender. Looks a lot more aggressive and better to me. But thats what makes the jeep world go round.

Last edited:
Top Bottom