The Winding Road of Wisdom - Enlightenment Along the GURU Road

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a really cool trip. Did u encounter anyone else along the road?
Pictures make it seem so remote.... just how It should be[emoji41]

Oh yeah, this is really close to the town of Gerlach and the road loosely parallels the new Route 34. That being said, it is a remote part of Nevada in general and maybe saw 6 vehicles the whole time we were out there. One coming off the road, 4 as they drove past on the highway and one coming off the playa as we were getting onto it. :crazyeyes:

longarmwj

As luck would have it, some of the local residents came out to say hello to us while we were there.
20171113183126-0b51735e.jpg

NOPE!!!

Great pictures as always!!! There is so much cool history out that way :thumb:

boardsurfer

Posts like this are a big reason why I keep coming back here. I would really love to drive out on the playa like that. Great story and photos! Thank you for sharing Eddie.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences on here!! I always love hearing the history behind these roads and trails. I’m keeping a list of places to see next summer on our trip west!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

GreggNY

Another great report and amazing pics as always! I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen you guys mention the cameras/lenses used? I know I’d be interested if it’s not already posted somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great report and amazing pics as always! I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen you guys mention the cameras/lenses used? I know I’d be interested if it’s not already posted somewhere else

Thanks, glad to hear you enjoyed it. Regarding cameras, most of what you see was taken with our iPhones. The sunset shots were taken with an old Sony Camera with an Alpha lens we bought years and years ago. :cool:

Top Bottom