The Winding Road of Wisdom - Enlightenment Along the GURU Road

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is one of my favorite things about wayalife. If it weren't for you and Cindy taking these trips I wouldn't even know places like this existed! Thank you very much!

We're so glad to hear that! As much as we love rock crawling, our real passion is in exploring. :yup:

Amazing shots! Looks like another great adventure. Gotta love the freedom to go anywhere you point your rig.

It is why we've built up our Jeeps the way we have - to have "confidence to explore" :yup:

Always good to get out and about for the day.

For us, it's just another day at the office :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dang, another one I didn't know about. Thanks for this; I've got to check it out, soon.

The Burner's can be a strange bunch. The amount of trash strewn along hwy 447 after the event is staggering.

It's a tough thing. So much of what I love about the Northern Nevada desert is its vast emptiness and complete lack of people. While I understand and even appreciate the efforts of Gerlach to stimulate their economy, I find the hypocrisy of the people who attend, the "counter culture" to be absolutely mind numbing. Being the eco-friendly bunch that they are, they all ride around on bikes out there but once the event is over - they just leave them there. Here's a shot of over 5,000 abandoned bikes left behind by them.

IMG_7103.JPG

I guess so long as it's "not in their backyard", it's cool. :rolleyes2:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
It's a tough thing. So much of what I love about the Northern Nevada desert is its vast emptiness and complete lack of people. While I understand and even appreciate the efforts of Gerlach to stimulate their economy, I find the hypocrisy of the people who attend, the "counter culture" to be absolutely mind numbing. Being the eco-friendly bunch that they are, they all ride around on bikes out there but once the event is over - they just leave them there. Here's a shot of over 5,000 abandoned bikes left behind by them.

View attachment 283147

Until it gets their event cancelled then you can bet your ass they will point their fingers at off roaders.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Happy Camper

I really enjoy the photo journals ( my term, i guess) of your trips. I hope i can make it out some time to enjoy them in person. I agree it's one of the best things about this forum. More than a little put out by the burners, though. Had no idea.

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
Makes me want to move to nevada. So much open land to explore. The timber companys are locking up so much land in norcal its getting hard to find new places to check out around here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Your stories/travels/videos/photos have always been fantastic and a tremendous source of entertainment, but you guys' photography has really went up the stratosphere, you guys really have an eye for composition, color, editing, etc. Every photo conveys a story, draws you in, and if shown to another jeeper, immediately triggers jealousy. :D Keep on keepin on, and I hope one day, I am lucky enough to meet you guys out west and maybe run a scenic trail like this. :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

View attachment 283147

Ebay em for $20 a pop plus shipping and you got a free JL lol.

Thank you so much for sharing all of the adventures with us. It's truly inspiring and the stories you guys tell alone are what makes Wayalife the amazing forum and business that it is. Hoping to make a run with you guys soon!

Brute

Hooked
Amazing trip...for me, exploring is the primary reason for having the ability to off road...there is a primal calling to see "beyond the next ridge" that has been nurtured for eons.

I suspect Doobie was possibly influenced by nature's psychoactive bounty...he would have been someone very interesting to meet...

Thank you both...I would very much like to check this out one day.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a cool little trip with all the unique artwork. Thanks for sharing.

It's a bit far for a lot of you guys down south but if you ever have the time, it's an amazing place to visit.

Until it gets their event cancelled then you can bet your ass they will point their fingers at off roaders.

Doubt that would ever happen being that they're the ones who typically cancel or close things down.

Pretty cool trip! Definitely something I’ll need to checkout in the future. Oh and great choice at the Depot, love that place!!

The Depot really is an awesome place. :yup:

That was a way cool story/trip you guys took us on!

So glad you liked it :)

Just another day in the office haa:thumb::yup:

Well, it was :idontknow: :crazyeyes: :D

I really enjoy the photo journals ( my term, i guess) of your trips. I hope i can make it out some time to enjoy them in person. I agree it's one of the best things about this forum. More than a little put out by the burners, though. Had no idea.

Thanks, so glad you enjoy them and hopefully, you will be able to enjoy these places for yourself someday.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing this cool story! All the photos are great, a couple of them are outright spectacular! :thumb:

Thanks, we're truly flattered :blush:

Your stories/travels/videos/photos have always been fantastic and a tremendous source of entertainment, but you guys' photography has really went up the stratosphere, you guys really have an eye for composition, color, editing, etc. Every photo conveys a story, draws you in, and if shown to another jeeper, immediately triggers jealousy. :D Keep on keepin on, and I hope one day, I am lucky enough to meet you guys out west and maybe run a scenic trail like this. :thumb:

Thank you, we're so glad that you enjoy our posts, photos and videos :cool:

Thank you so much for sharing all of the adventures with us. It's truly inspiring and the stories you guys tell alone are what makes Wayalife the amazing forum and business that it is. Hoping to make a run with you guys soon!

That would be awesome if you could join us someday :yup:

That looks like a fun trip. I want to get out to that area sometime! Thanks for sharing!

It is a long ways from you but if you could ever find the time, we'll make it happen.

Amazing trip...for me, exploring is the primary reason for having the ability to off road...there is a primal calling to see "beyond the next ridge" that has been nurtured for eons.

I suspect Doobie was possibly influenced by nature's psychoactive bounty...he would have been someone very interesting to meet...

Thank you both...I would very much like to check this out one day.

LOL!! Maybe we'll have to make this a run someday. Tons to see out there and going out in numbers is the safest way to go.

JAGS

Hooked
It's a bit far for a lot of you guys down south but if you ever have the time, it's an amazing place to visit.

I'd love to get and explore more with you guys. [emoji106] It's fairly easy for me to do these days as I have something like 400 vacation hours. I see a lot of JL explorations in our future!!! [emoji41][emoji16]

Top Bottom