The building of knuckles

Yep! The passenger side cowl is still jacked up from the Florence Junction, AZ run that the 'famous' Wayalife film captured my damage in real time.

Here is some obscure, not cared about EVOJEEP hood damage history, but I will also include some facts about MTG's rig 'Knuckles' so as to not highjack his thread completely......

April 2012: hood is damage in Florence Junction

August 2012: I get a new (used) hood gifted to me from some friends for the 2012 JKX. All is well

MTG was also a participant in the 2012 JK Experience, he took this picture and his jeep is in it (see what I just did there?)

January 2013: prerunning for King of the Hammers race with Mel Wade (Off Road Evolution) and Jim McGean (Dynatrac Axles), I flop my jeep, ruining my new (used) hood.

Same prerunning weekend that I flopped my rig, the other vehicle running with me that day was the Dynatrac 2 door JK.......recognize the hood he is running? It's my old hood from Florence Junction, and is still in better shape than my current hood in the photo above. I keep wanting to regift it to back to me....

I'm not sure if this is more of a WAL version of "who's on first?" or more of a "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" with that damn hood? :cheesy:

Here is some obscure, not cared about EVOJEEP hood damage history, but I will also include some facts about MTG's rig 'Knuckles' so as to not highjack his thread completely......

MTG was also a participant in the 2012 JK Experience, he took this picture and his jeep is in it (see what I just did there?)

I'm glad you did. It would be a shame for this thread to get off topic. :crazyeyes:

It's my old hood from Florence Junction, and is still in better shape than my current hood in the photo above. I keep wanting to regift it to back to me..

But I thought you were a master body shop man! Let's see you work your magic with that little mirror ;)

I am finding that the yearly prime subscription was worth it, I bet it paid for itself in my first three purchases. :rock:

When they were talking about moving Prime to $99 or $109 a year a couple of months ago I still thought it was a great deal.

So you guys think it's worth it? I don't order a lot from them but did 2 orders the other day, and one I needed was a rush and paid way too much for 2 day shipping.

Way to go Irish! Looks like they read your post...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/mar/13/amazon-hikes-prime-membership-99-year/

I will not be cancelling my membership anytime soon though.

Yep! The passenger side cowl is still jacked up from the Florence Junction, AZ run that the 'famous' Wayalife film captured my damage in real time.

April 2012: hood is damage in Florence Junction

View attachment 72551

August 2012: I get a new (used) hood gifted to me from some friends for the 2012 JKX. All is well

View attachment 72552

View attachment 72554

January 2013: prerunning for King of the Hammers race with Mel Wade (Off Road Evolution) and Jim McGean (Dynatrac Axles), I flop my jeep, ruining my new (used) hood.

View attachment 72555

Same prerunning weekend that I flopped my rig, the other vehicle running with me that day was the Dynatrac 2 door JK.......recognize the hood he is running? It's my old hood from Florence Junction, and is still in better shape than my current hood in the photo above. I keep wanting to regift it to back to me....

View attachment 72556

Random question but what rear flares are you running?

EVO builder corners.

Yes, my rear are EVO builder corners as MTG mentioned......

Thank you!

However, in the photos you are seeing a few different variations of flares and armor. In the first photo, those are just Xenon flat flares that have been trimmed down a lot. If I had to do it over, I would have never bought Xenons and just done factory flares that are trimmed.

In the second and fourth photos, I am running a custom set of EVO front quarter armor/mini-flare combo that were given to me. They were originally made by Mel Wade and were on his 'EVO1' jeep for years and then when he switched to a lightweight hood/fender combo, he gifted these quarter armor/flares in my general direction ;)

Yes, my rear are EVO builder corners as MTG mentioned......

However, in the photos you are seeing a few different variations of flares and armor. In the first photo, those are just Xenon flat flares that have been trimmed down a lot. If I had to do it over, I would have never bought Xenons and just done factory flares that are trimmed.

In the second and fourth photos, I am running a custom set of EVO front quarter armor/mini-flare combo that were given to me. They were originally made by Mel Wade and were on his 'EVO1' jeep for years and then when he switched to a lightweight hood/fender combo, he gifted these quarter armor/flares in my general direction ;)

Very Awesome gift! I like my cut flares, but there is no denying the badassness of that armor/flair combo you have there. Not that I could afford them, but I asked Mel if he would make me a set like yours last year and he said no :( So you'll have a unique set forevermore (I've gotten past the waking up in tears... just recently, so bringing it up might reopen the wound)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very Awesome gift! I like my cut flares, but there is no denying the badassness of that armor/flair combo you have there. Not that I could afford them, but I asked Mel if he would make me a set like yours last year and he said no :( So you'll have a unique set forevermore (I've gotten past the waking up in tears... just recently, so bringing it up might reopen the wound)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If, and when, I get rid of that front armor......it will go back to Mel for future use. You never know, he may want to build some replica of EVO1 in 20 years :icon_crazy:

a kegerator in the jeep?:idontknow:

Got rid of the kegerator a year or so ago.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394849814.743960.jpg

Wish I would have kept that thing. :grayno:

Yes it's on wheels. And yes my old neighbor and I used to wheel it back and forth depending on who was hosting the BBQ that week. :cheesy:

Finally mounting the CB speaker with something besides zip ties?

What's wrong with zip ties? :idontknow:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394850207.214635.jpg

Been going strong since 2012 JKX! And these aren't any ol' quality zip ties either...these are grade g harbor freight zip ties. :thumb:

Top Bottom