The building of knuckles

Ahhh, friends helping friends! :thumb:

By the way, these little puppies in the below photo........well let's just say I found out that when you leave (lose?) your Gorilla Brand Locking Lug Nut tool somewhere out in Johnson Valley after changing tires, that one of these bad boy removers WILL remove a locking lug nut. Lesson learned, I no longer run worthless wheel locks :icon_crazy:

image-3111459088.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's awesome that Paissano, Adam and TSA all helped in giving you the shaft. Nice teamwork fellas!

Pay attention JAGS! Paissano and Adam each gave me the shaft, I gave Adam a shaft, TSA did not give me the shaft, rather they inspected my shafts, one by a fancy x-ray machine and one by hand. :crazyeyes:

Oh and I have to admit, it was sweet that TSA left me a note afterwards. :blush:

I'm hurt. My shaft was not mentioned even once in that entire post.:Disappointed: Given that I am currently driving a Yukon XL, I most certainly have the biggest shaft of them all.

Don't worry...looks like you might have an opportunity to come over and handle my ball...joints. :yup:

Ahhh, friends helping friends! :thumb:

By the way, these little puppies in the below photo........well let's just say I found out that when you leave (lose?) your Gorilla Brand Locking Lug Nut tool somewhere out in Johnson Valley after changing tires, that one of these bad boy removers WILL remove a locking lug nut. Lesson learned, I no longer run worthless wheel locks :icon_crazy:

Those things save my bacon today. I backed out about 14 of the 16 bolts on the factory DS. 1 of the last 2 were stripped. :tantrum:

So I had to put 14 bolts back in, find a store in town with a set in stock, drive there, drive back and then remove the shaft. Not a big deal in the end, I'm just glad it worked.

Pay attention JAGS! Paissano and Adam each gave me the shaft, I gave Adam a shaft, TSA did not give me the shaft, rather they inspected my shafts, one by a fancy x-ray machine and one by hand. :crazyeyes:

Oh and I have to admit, it was sweet that TSA left me a note afterwards. :blush:

All this talk, I need a cigaret and a drink. ;)

Did the note say, "I'll call you soon." I mean, you don't handle a mans shaft and not call.

Installed a new driveshaft this morning. Now this is no ordinary driveshaft it's got some miles on it...maybe even more miles on it while off jeep than while one.

This DS is from Piasano's jeep. He was nice enough to bring it to me last summer during the rubicon run. It was kind of the thing as I had brought Overlander a front shaft as well After setting up camp I took Piasano a bottle of honey and went to grab his shaft. ;) Unfortunately he had left it in the hotel in Tahoe. Even more unfortunately the hotel was south on 89 and I had to go north on 89. :doh:

So overlander was kind enough to drive it back down to so cal for me and store my shaft. Now that I think about it I'm guessing our shafts were together in his jeep the whole time. :idontknow:

The plan was to meet in Vegas for a run and then exchange shafts, but that didn't work out. So this last Christmas I was able to finally get the shaft from Adam!

One problem, we flew to San Diego. Good thing "bags fly free" on Southwest. :thumb: So I stuffed my shaft into a ski bag and attempted to check in.

View attachment 72075

Lets just say Southwest handle my shaft ...no questions asked.

Of course TSA just had to inspect my shaft...again. :brows:

View attachment 72076

Anyway, fast forward to this morning...I pulled the old shaft out.

View attachment 72077

But not before having to go buy these to help.

View attachment 72078

And shoved the new shaft in. :wings:

I need a shot of :honey:

Dear Penthouse Forum, ...

Looks like that shaft was handled very roughly. The condom is shredded.:)

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hmmmm? Seems pretty involved to me...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394216441.573450.jpg

Me thinks a trip to the auto body paint shop might be in order. :yup:

Probably going to order these and paint myself, but after seeing that, yeah dont think Ill attempt it.

Yeah, not hard just time consuming. Something I have very little of. I'll make a decision after I see how much it costs to paint them. You know, black's not so bad....:cheesy:

Yeah, not hard just time consuming. Something I have very little of. I'll make a decision after I see how much it costs to paint them. You know, black's not so bad....:cheesy:

Come on...I really wanted to see you break out the BBOR paint booth. I have visions of a paver driveway redone in Jeep white. ;)

Come on...I really wanted to see you break out the BBOR paint booth. I have visions of a paver driveway redone in Jeep white. ;)

I had visions of a Northern Nevada wind/dust storm tearing through my garage just about the time the top coat was going on. :banghead:

Since you seem to be hanging out here and not answering my text...what's the plan for Meanst's sliders?

I was going to have some paint mixed up in cans for me locally for when I finally order my set, but the primer and adhesion promoter are what stopped me. Im sure I could find it easily, and i do have eastwood local to me, but still prolly just have a shop do it.

Top Bottom