The building of knuckles

Took a lunch break for once and went and picked up some new tools

I sure hope there is a write up that is going to accompany the install of that door trim with that particular selection of tools. You sir, are breaking new ground.

Installed a new driveshaft this morning. Now this is no ordinary driveshaft it's got some miles on it...maybe even more miles on it while off jeep than while one.

This DS is from Piasano's jeep. He was nice enough to bring it to me last summer during the rubicon run. It was kind of the thing as I had brought Overlander a front shaft as well After setting up camp I took Piasano a bottle of honey and went to grab his shaft. ;) Unfortunately he had left it in the hotel in Tahoe. Even more unfortunately the hotel was south on 89 and I had to go north on 89. :doh:

So overlander was kind enough to drive it back down to so cal for me and store my shaft. Now that I think about it I'm guessing our shafts were together in his jeep the whole time. :idontknow:

The plan was to meet in Vegas for a run and then exchange shafts, but that didn't work out. So this last Christmas I was able to finally get the shaft from Adam!

One problem, we flew to San Diego. Good thing "bags fly free" on Southwest. :thumb: So I stuffed my shaft into a ski bag and attempted to check in.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394056163.425696.jpg

Lets just say Southwest handle my shaft ...no questions asked.

Of course TSA just had to inspect my shaft...again. :brows:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394056247.779847.jpg

Anyway, fast forward to this morning...I pulled the old shaft out.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394056351.689842.jpg

But not before having to go buy these to help.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394056380.802057.jpg

And shoved the new shaft in. :wings:

I need a shot of :honey:

Installed a new driveshaft this morning. Now this is no ordinary driveshaft it's got some miles on it...maybe even more miles on it while off jeep than while one.

This DS is from Piasano's jeep. He was nice enough to bring it to me last summer during the rubicon run. It was kind of the thing as I had brought Overlander a front shaft as well After setting up camp I took Piasano a bottle of honey and went to grab his shaft. ;) Unfortunately he had left it in the hotel in Tahoe. Even more unfortunately the hotel was south on 89 and I had to go north on 89. :doh:

So overlander was kind enough to drive it back down to so cal for me and store my shaft. Now that I think about it I'm guessing our shafts were together in his jeep the whole time. :idontknow:

The plan was to meet in Vegas for a run and then exchange shafts, but that didn't work out. So this last Christmas I was able to finally get the shaft from Adam!

One problem, we flew to San Diego. Good thing "bags fly free" on Southwest. :thumb: So I stuffed my shaft into a ski bag and attempted to check in.

View attachment 72075

Lets just say Southwest handle my shaft ...no questions asked.

Of course TSA just had to inspect my shaft...again. :brows:

View attachment 72076

Anyway, fast forward to this morning...I pulled the old shaft out.

View attachment 72077

But not before having to go buy these to help.

View attachment 72078

And shoved the new shaft in. :wings:

I need a shot of :honey:

New shaft in the rear? You didn't specify, but guessing by the size in the pic. Must of been a hard install as you didn't mention any lube. Did you lube it, it come pre-lubed or lubed it after install?

I think it's awesome that Paissano, Adam and TSA all helped in giving you the shaft. Nice teamwork fellas!

Just when you thought the level of man love had reached its peak.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm hurt. My shaft was not mentioned even once in that entire post.:Disappointed: Given that I am currently driving a Yukon XL, I most certainly have the biggest shaft of them all.

Top Bottom