The build of Ruthless

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks good. Glad you had time to get it done.

You can cut the "snout" off the factory carrier and put it back on to protect the camera, instead of having it exposed to damage, if you like.

I have a post on it somewhere, if you want I can dig it up.

Oh good idea! Was wondering how I could cover up the camera a bit. Yes please post pics if you can find them

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Finally flexed out Ruth a little bit. Had some snow piles that I could get on. Didn’t disconnect the front but was curious about the rear. Really need to get rubicon fenders on Ruth before I wheel her. I wasn’t even fully stuffed. Still had plenty of bump stop
IMG_0951.jpg
IMG_0952.jpg
IMG_0953.jpg

Elroy231

Finally flexed out Ruth a little bit. Had some snow piles that I could get on. Didn’t disconnect the front but was curious about the rear. Really need to get rubicon fenders on Ruth before I wheel her. I wasn’t even fully stuffed. Still had plenty of bump stop
View attachment 356858
View attachment 356859
View attachment 356860
Looks good. I can see where you want some flares with a bit more clearance though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

View attachment 356858
View attachment 356859
View attachment 356860

Ruth flexing👍👍

I now can see how much difference the Rubicon fenders make.

There is also the Rugged Ridge ones out finally, and they have the cool chop in the front built in.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ruth flexing[emoji106][emoji106]

I now can see how much difference the Rubicon fenders make.

There is also the Rugged Ridge ones out finally, and they have the cool chop in the front built in.

Yea the extra 2” from the Rubi fenders will make a huge difference

I thought the RR chop was only the bracket? Did they release fenders as well?

jdofmemi

Yea the extra 2” from the Rubi fenders will make a huge difference

I thought the RR chop was only the bracket? Did they release fenders as well?

I just seen the ad for them two days ago, and they look good.

Front and rear renders, and the chop is integrated in the front, and is plug and play.

I think it was Quadratec where I seen them, but I'm not certain.

WJCO

Meme King
These tires working out for you? Good in rain and snow? Thinking about getting a set for the JL. And do you have the 2.0 or 3.6?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
These tires working out for you? Good in rain and snow? Thinking about getting a set for the JL. And do you have the 2.0 or 3.6?

Yes they are doing awesome! They were biting in the snow really well the past two weeks! Drove effortlessly in 2wd thru about 4” of snow and in the wetter heavier 8” they did amazing! Much better than my coopers on knuckles.

As for the rain they do great as well I don’t feel like I hydroplane thru the deep puddles.

As for road noise they are super quiet. Really enjoyable to drive on. Ruth is a 3.6 btw

WJCO

Meme King
Yes they are doing awesome! They were biting in the snow really well the past two weeks! Drove effortlessly in 2wd thru about 4” of snow and in the wetter heavier 8” they did amazing! Much better than my coopers on knuckles.

As for the rain they do great as well I don’t feel like I hydroplane thru the deep puddles.

As for road noise they are super quiet. Really enjoyable to drive on. Ruth is a 3.6 btw

Sweet. Thanks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nothing really new with Ruth the past few months. Been looking into gears. Thinking 4.88 but don’t know what I need with these new axles or what axle I have up front to be honest.

got the front windows tinted to match the rear. Keeps the inside much cooler now while driving to the beach every weekend.

Also picked up a set of factory side steps off a 2018 for $100 today. I think the steps just help clean up the side of the Jeep a bit. Took all of 15 mins to install both sides with hand tools.

Attachments

• FFF3C0B6-C5CD-48CD-A7FB-5998DDE49714.jpeg
    FFF3C0B6-C5CD-48CD-A7FB-5998DDE49714.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 6ABD8DD8-5470-4E3F-8075-928CFCD02A0D.jpeg
    6ABD8DD8-5470-4E3F-8075-928CFCD02A0D.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 17

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looking for opinions on which way to go. I want to just improve the steering for highway driving since installing the 2” lift.

Saw that mopar makes a longer fixed front lower control arm for up to 2” of lift which peaked my interest. I like how it doesn’t lower the lower arm down any lower than what it is.

There is also the rancho geometry brackets which I was leaning more towards. Multiple adjustment points for the upper arms. Could always continue to use if I get adjustable arms later.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 6649159B-1BC4-40EE-9C07-01665DEC8BE8.png
    6649159B-1BC4-40EE-9C07-01665DEC8BE8.png
    572.3 KB · Views: 2
  • AD36E6DC-48D7-4990-8768-BC67481B1F7D.png
    AD36E6DC-48D7-4990-8768-BC67481B1F7D.png
    719.4 KB · Views: 2

Andy5160

Hooked
I would not waist time , money and effort on options you have in mind. Just get the adjustable arms and call it a day. What issues you having with 2 inch lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking for opinions on which way to go. I want to just improve the steering for highway driving since installing the 2” lift.

Saw that mopar makes a longer fixed front lower control arm for up to 2” of lift which peaked my interest. I like how it doesn’t lower the lower arm down any lower than what it is.

There is also the rancho geometry brackets which I was leaning more towards. Multiple adjustment points for the upper arms. Could always continue to use if I get adjustable arms later.

Thoughts?
The drop brackets will do the best in terms of correcting geometry but they will DROP points on your Jeep that are typically rock targets. Not that big of a deal especially if you're not playing on big rocks or that often.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would not waist time , money and effort on options you have in mind. Just get the adjustable arms and call it a day. What issues you having with 2 inch lift?
No issues, just looking to tighten things up some more and just improve.
The drop brackets will do the best in terms of correcting geometry but they will DROP points on your Jeep that are typically rock targets. Not that big of a deal especially if you're not playing on big rocks or that often.
Yea the JL is the wife’s daily right now so for the forseable future it will get very little to no trail time. Was leaning towards to brackets but wasn’t set on anything yet

Top Bottom