Teraflex?

Raven Moon

If you are looking for rubi rims, watch for a set of rubi takeoffs (rims and tires- 32's) you might be able to find them cheap enough to offset the difference from 33's. What year rubi rims are you looking for? I have a set I will be selling at some point soon with 80% tread 32's, from an 07 rubi

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

$(KGrHqRHJFUFF-YDR,P0BRmm)f7BeQ~~60_35.JPG

This is what I was thinking of and I want them in black or I could paint them black but I will keep my stock wheels and tires as well.

pvanweelden

^ yup, I have 5 of those rims, 4 with 80% MT, one with an AT, but silver rims

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Raven Moon

Jeep_JK_Hi-Lift_Jack_Mount_OR-Fab_spare_tire_jerry_can_carrier_8.jpg

This spare tire rack is what I have in mind as well

BSW10044-02-Jeep-Wrangler-JK-Bushwacker-Pocket-Style-Fender-Flares.jpg

And this kind of fender more or less

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
View attachment 51534

This spare tire rack is what I have in mind as well

Looks like the OR-Fab. I installed one on my brother's JK. It's not the most enjoyable install but I really liked the finished result. Very practical solution for most people...strong, no rattles, and definitely does its job.

Check out the rotopax version. It wasn't available when my brother got his carrier. It keeps the tire a little closer to the jeep.

Raven Moon

Looks like the OR-Fab. I installed one on my brother's JK. It's not the most enjoyable install but I really liked the finished result. Very practical solution for most people...strong, no rattles, and definitely does its job.

Check out the rotopax version. It wasn't available when my brother got his carrier. It keeps the tire a little closer to the jeep.

Was hoping to keep the metal jerry cans for a bit more security but I have never seen or used the rotopax before
I may also get a few other extras like aluminum hood latches and a lock as well as a fuel cap lock cover

Brankz

The only thing that I like about teraflex are the videos, I always lmao and the girls

I know my English sucks lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Was hoping to keep the metal jerry cans for a bit more security but I have never seen or used the rotopax before
I may also get a few other extras like aluminum hood latches and a lock as well as a fuel cap lock cover

Here is a pic of the ropax version. I love it so far!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380952512.318123.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380952524.213054.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

TrailBear

The Teraflex sliders were one of the items I was looking at a bit closer and I have no idea about if they are good or not (aluminum does fatigue). After this rather passionate thread I think I may go the way of Rubi parts but only if new. The tires I have been thinking about are the Nitto Trail Grapplers. Still trying to find the bumper I want. I want something kind of like a formed or shaped brushguard with a mid width and a solid winch mount. Cost will keep me getting things either used or little at a time. I will keep looking and learning.
Those sliders may be fine for what your looking for, I have no experience with them though, and from what others on here have said they don't hold up to well for serious hits . Another option is to find a set off of a rubicon and there are some company's making a weld on step tube for them, but it may end up costing the same as buying an aftermarket set.

Bonehead

View attachment 51532

This is more or less the kind of bumper I want with lights and winch

I really like that style bumper myself, but the thought of having to remove the bumper/winch/offroad lights every time I need to replace a headlight or parking light bulb kinda turned me off on them.

At least that looks like what would have to be done to me since you have to pull the grill to access the headlights on the JK.....but I could be wrong;)

And since I can't swing the cash for LED Truck-Lites at this time and am running SilverStars( which have a notoriously short life span) , I could see having to do this a lot LOL

Last edited:

RubyinUtah

I can speak first hand on the TF rails since I have been running then for 25k miles and I have hit and dragged them numerous time and they are holding up great. I wanted a rail that would help keep the mud and snow off the sides of the jeep so I only had a few choices. If you decide you don't want aluminum rails Rockslide Engineering has rails that look exactly like the TF ones but theirs are steel. I had Ace rails on my last jeep and couldn't stand them and I don't like the basic protection of the Rubi rails but thats as far as my experience with rails go.

I am not a big fan of the look of the TF bumpers so I haven't even looked at them.

The Bushwacker flares in your picture run around 750 for the set so like cpowill mentioned there are cheaper options.

Last edited:

Raven Moon

I really like that style bumper myself, but the thought of having to remove the bumper/winch/offroad lights every time I need to replace a headlight or parking light bulb kinda turned me off on them.

At least that looks like what would have to be done to me since you have to pull the grill to access the headlights on the JK.....but I could be wrong;)

And since I can't swing the cash for LED Truck-Lites at this time and am running SilverStars( which have a notoriously short life span) , I could see having to do this a lot LOL

I think in the long run the LED lights will pay for themselves just from what I have learned on my own. I plan on replacing my headlights with the better lights. But I see what you mean about access to replacement

Raven Moon

I can speak first hand on the TF rails since I have been running then for 25k miles and I have hit and dragged them numerous time and they are holding up great. I wanted a rail that would help keep the mud and snow off the sides of the jeep so I only had a few choices. If you decide you don't want aluminum rails Rockslide Engineering has rails that look exactly like the TF ones but theirs are steel. I had Ace rails on my last jeep and couldn't stand them and I don't like the basic protection of the Rubi rails but thats as far as my experience with rails go.

I am not a big fan of the look of the TF bumpers so I haven't even looked at them.

The Bushwacker flares in your picture run around 750 for the set so like cpowill mentioned there are cheaper options.

Yah if they cost that much I may have to find a pair of the black plastic fenders someone is discarding and make the mods of cut fenders

maxresdefault.jpg

Raven Moon

WOW!!!

Just to be clear, ORE - Off Road Evolution is not an exclusive dealer of EVO MFG products. If you want to run a TF kit or a RK kit and want us to put the build together for you, we can do that for you. They are two different companies. That is all I had to add to this entertaining conversation.

Sorry I missed it last night but so many comments came in so fast at times I missed some.
Pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what an RK kit is. I am guessing its a brand, but I am not up on the lingo around this joint to understand. LOL Thanks for the info and I am starting to understand a bit better now.

PS You would not happen to know a shop in my tiny town that I could trust to do work on my Jeep would you?

Serg5000

We are very happy with our Rock Krawler 3.5" lift. Came with fox shocks.
Smooth as f&ck. however, having run a rough country lift for three years I guess any other lift is an improvement. It served us well. But after three years of wheelin, it sagged almost back to stock.

I imagine some day I will run the king coil over suspension. That I hear is amazing.

Top Bottom