Teraflex?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You guys win. I'll leave.

Adios amigo :standing wave:

If I was as knowledgable about stuff I've never run or paid for, that would be awesome.

Like I said, if you believe all that, it sucks to be you.

And Eddie, I'm not worked up at all. I just find it pretty funny that you put so much work in to it. You were such an iquisitive little boy 5 or so years ago. All the cute little pms you used to send me asking for pictures of lift components. You were so nice back then.

"moderator\Owner" and sucking hind tit of vendors will change that I guess.

:thinking: :idontknow:

JKWrang

Get fuck you asshole you scum that you you talk lilt about fallen service members you fucken pussy

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Calm down, Silverback... If I was a betting man, I'd say this clown never served more than a base store scanning UPC codes on Doritos and Marlboro reds while the real men did the grunt work. :thumb:

All he really accomplished today was showing everyone that he is an :asshat:

And that the Wayalife community is a good one and we stick together :yup:

Raven Moon

Thank you to any and all who have posted opinions on brands and equipment as I am still learning. :rock:

1.) I have PTSD and I'm a disabled vet so I wont be able to do the work on it myself. (Combat vet to boot) So please let all the Vet stuff go, its not helping me make decisions about equipment. (Be the better man/soldier and let it go) :thumb:

2.) As a disabled Vet I live on a fixed income so I have to ask the questions to understand if cheaper/more expensive equates to poor quality/ high quality. :idontknow:

3.) I wont be doing any rock crawling and have a hard time getting in and out of my stock jeep so I will more than likely get only a 2.5" lift and I will have to have someone install it or help me. :doh:

4.) Most of my wheeling will be to get me away from "glampers" so I can get out and be alone in the wilderness. Also more important things to me are recovery/self recovery. :yup:

5.) I am willing to save for quality equipment but I am trying to understand what quality is here and what is overkill for my needs. (I guess I could have said that from the beginning) :doh:

Thank you all for the input and if you know of a good place near Roswell NM for me to get things done let me know.

Thanks
Raven

silverbackjk

Calm down, Silverback... If I was a betting man, I'd say this clown never served more than a base store scanning UPC codes on Doritos and Marlboro reds while the real men did the grunt work. :thumb:

All he really accomplished today was showing everyone that he is an :asshat:

And that the Wayalife community is a good one and we stick together :yup:

To me this is not how a service man or woman in his case should show respect for fallen members in a war.

JKWrang

To me this is not how a service man or woman in his case should show respect for fallen members in a war.

I dont even think he served. :grayno:

Thank you to any and all who have posted opinions on brands and equipment as I am still learning. :rock:

1.) I have PTSD and I'm a disabled vet so I wont be able to do the work on it myself. (Combat vet to boot) So please let all the Vet stuff go, its not helping me make decisions about equipment. (Be the better man/soldier and let it go) :thumb:

Thanks for your service :beer:

3.) I wont be doing any rock crawling and have a hard time getting in and out of my stock jeep so I will more than likely get only a 2.5" lift and I will have to have someone install it or help me. :doh:

If you aren't doing any rock crawling and just need the look and a little tire clearance... From what I understand a BB is a nice and economical way to put some lift on without breaking the bank or what have you. Too much more lift than that and you'll need new driveshafts... right eddie?

This would leave you more money for tires as well since you have a limited income.

4.) Most of my wheeling will be to get me away from "glampers" so I can get out and be alone in the wilderness. Also more important things to me are recovery/self recovery. :yup:

I was all into big tires and drooling over 35s and what have you... but after reading everywhere that a snatch strap and some recovery gear is the recommended first mod and how surprised youd be at the stock performance of the jeep, I decided to go with recovery gear and i'll be hitting some decent trails in PA at the end of the month. Again, since you have a limited income, maybe you could do the same.

Thank you all for the input and if you know of a good place near Roswell NM for me to get things done let me know.

Thanks
Raven

Do you have any off road parks or old fire roads?

TheDuff

2.) As a disabled Vet I live on a fixed income so I have to ask the questions to understand if cheaper/more expensive equates to poor quality/ high quality. :idontknow:

5.) I am willing to save for quality equipment but I am trying to understand what quality is here and what is overkill for my needs. (I guess I could have said that from the beginning) :doh:

Thanks
Raven

Sounds like a budget boost is your best bet:) MOST coil lifts will give u well over the stated lift (supposedly to account for bumper, winch, gear, ect). If getting in and out of the jeep is an issue, I can understand wanting to keep it low as possible, and having said that you can fit 35's with a Budget boost. U will also want to keep in mind that larger tires add to the lift size, so let it be known that there are other methods to fit 35's or even 37's with no lift, through high clearance fenders ect. If u don't plan to run anything larger than 33's, I would recommend doing no lift, u may be surprised what stock suspension can do (if u want a vid link just ask). Most importantly though, u want to prep your axles for larger tires, doing at least C gussets. Hope this was helpful

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Raven Moon

I will most likely run 33" tires and thats a whole other issue as to what to get I also might just look for smaller Rubi stock wheels for this. I do want to get flairs for better tire clearance and I want a good bumper with winch. I also want a better back bumper and tire mount (I would like the tire mount that holds extra fuel cans), I also want the LED light bar that runs the full length of the top of windshield. Some of the other things I would need to know about are just the ins and outs of stuff I have no idea about but thats why I am asking questions.

JKWrang

I will most likely run 33" tires and thats a whole other issue as to what to get I also might just look for smaller Rubi stock wheels for this. I do want to get flairs for better tire clearance and I want a good bumper with winch. I also want a better back bumper and tire mount (I would like the tire mount that holds extra fuel cans), I also want the LED light bar that runs the full length of the top of windshield. Some of the other things I would need to know about are just the ins and outs of stuff I have no idea about but thats why I am asking questions.

Well in your case, if you are considering rubi tires, you might not even have to spend money on a lift... Hear me out.

Like DUFF said, you can go 33s without much effort and hell, if you have the alloy 17s then you dont even need new wheels, just new tread. And in your case, since you live in NM and you dont have to worry too much about miserable weather like snow, you can go with just about any rugged tire and call it good.

I'd run duratracs, since they are a very aggressive all terrain tire bordering on mud terrain and not too expensive. You should be able to cram a nice bit of rubber in those wheel wells. These will give you fantastic on road and off road performance.

some guys run a winch on the factory bumper, others run fancy metal bumpers and that's all personal preference... whatever looks good to you! WARN seems to be the #1 recommended winch.

You might not even need a new tire MOUNT but they do have racks you can get for fuel cans. Again, the bumpers are your personal preference... go with what looks good and serves your purposes.

TheDuff

U may have posted it, but what do u have (sport, Rubicon)? With 33's u don't need to do anything, if using stock wheels I would recommend some quality wheel spacers, and cut factory fenders would negate any minor rubbing u would have otherwise. Depending on what spring rates u have now (there are quite a few different stock spring rates and a chart floating around the interwebs to help explain what u have), dealing with a heavy front bumper and winch can be just as easy as sourcing someone else's take off springs, or adding a 1" puck. Rubicon shocks are pretty decent, since they are mono tube, but can easily and cheaply be upgraded while retaining stock springs. As far as a tire carrier, I would suggest looking for one the is "linked" to the tail gate, much easier to deal with:)
If u go the no lift route u won't void your warranty either;)

Brankz

I was gonna buy a 3 inch lift from TF but now I'm saving for a Evo enforcer. :D

I changed my mind cause even teraflex told me that there springs are very stiff

I know my English sucks lol

Raven Moon

I do have the 18" alloy wheels on a Sahara JKU.
I did not know you could mount a winch on a stock bumper but I kind of want to keep any parts I would replace so as to put them back on If I ever need to. Like my fenders that are body color, so I would just go for after market flares (I dont like the flat ones)

I am also kind of into the "second kind of cool" for a bit of a more aggressive "look" but I do not need to build a monster rig. It is a daily driver and I often have to drive 4 hours or more to get to the VA, and many trips to the local clinic an hour away so I do not want to kill my MPG to much.

It took me a while to make the decision to get this vehicle as I was in a Ford escape before (I even rescued a jeep with that little 4x4) I switched to the Jeep. I love the Jeep and have yet to get out and see what it can do (only had it about 6 weeks and no time or money to get out yet).

TheDuff

Here, I'll share this even though u didn't ask lol:p few week old 2dr sahara. with 33" duratracs on stock wheels with 1.25" wheel spacers, front sway bar disconnects. Warn winch, bought used bumper from overlanderjk, 33 fit on stock tire carrier with no modifications. Its my sister in law's jeep and she did most of the driving (her second trail run ever).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6nhKnbcpQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player point is u can accomplish a lot with stock stuff

Raven Moon

Here, I'll share this even though u didn't ask lol:p few week old 2dr sahara. with 33" duratracs on stock wheels with 1.25" wheel spacers, front sway bar disconnects. Warn winch, bought used bumper from overlanderjk, 33 fit on stock tire carrier with no modifications. Its my sister in law's jeep and she did most of the driving (her second trail run ever).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6nhKnbcpQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player point is u can accomplish a lot with stock stuff

Thanks thats kind of how I want to build mine

Capita

wait, did this thread just return to topic? :D

:clap2:

I thoroughly enjoyed this thread on a slow Friday in the office. I Joined this forum for intellectual and experiential knowledge but the underdeveloped mind trying to express itself is definitely an added bonus. :rock: Thanks mikegronholz

LoPo

Caught the Bug
So I'm clear, less than .5" of ground clearance trumps knuckles, tube diameter and thickness ? Wow, engineers have had it wrong for centuries.

It's not just the .5" of ground clearance, it's also the fact that it's profiled and there's much greater clearance on the side as shown in the video. As far as knuckles go, TF uses factory knuckles just like everyone else and like I said before, I have yet to see where any PR44 unlimited tube has bent or needed to be thicker to prevent it. If that time comes, I would agree that a thicker tube and diameter would be better.

Just want to throw this out on the axle 'discussion' specs. The PR44 comes standard with a 5/16" wall and OD 3" tube. This is upgradeable to a 1/2" wall - this is what I have on my PR44 and the options I had when I bought mine. :). The TF tubing is OD 3.25" and 1/4 inch wall standard, upgradeable to 1/2" wall. Is the extra .25" necessary for a 44 front end? That I don't know as I'm not an engineer calculating the force, but as Eddie has stated, he hasn't heard of a PR44 bending, so it could really just be a 'spec war' move of sort by TF. According to Dynatrac when I bought my PR44, their PR44 ends/C's were stronger and thicker than what was offered on their PR60's at the time.

As I stated on another axle thread a little bit back... would you go to a company primarily known for suspensions to buy an axle or would you want to go to an axle company to buy an axle?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So does EVO make a simple 2" lift or the like? :confused:

EVO has a soft ride spring leveling kit, and their are other leveling kits or BB's out there that work well for minor height gains (even, like Eddie said TeraFlex, but some people have such a big chip on their shoulder they can't even read).

Moving on though, I ran 33" equivalent Duratracs on my JKUR and they looked great. I did rub pretty good when I stuffed but it could have easily been fixed by cutting my fenders, getting flat fenders, or just doing a small leveling kit. In reality, if you want to stick with 33's then my personal opinion is that a BB may give you more height than you really need or want and might send you down the path of getting additional components (front lower control arms and possibly trackbar brackets) to get back some of the OEM steering/suspension geometry. That point is kind of hit and miss though as some people feel their Jeeps wander at speed with a BB and other people do not.

You might want to look at buying some rubi take off shocks and just a leveling kit. You'll get to run a little bit bigger tire and your Jeep will look great and maintain a ride pretty similar to stock. Once you start swapping out springs then ride quality becomes pretty subjective. Like I said initially, IMHO the TeraFlex springs are stiff as hell but you can take my opinion for what its worth.

Top Bottom