Smokers, grills, and the B-B-Qs

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
nice work buddy. Looks great. Did you do any math on the area of the smoke box vs cooking area or just wing it?
I did some calculations. I can’t figure out how they calculate the chimney so I was just winging that. 6” x 36”. Should be plenty. The firebox was supposed to be 19”x18”x18” per my calculations that was awkward numbers and the 1/4” plate was difficult to cut. So I made it 24”x24”x24”. I figure I can make more fire in a bigger box if I need more heat.

Brute

Hooked
I'd just worry about warpage where the coals sit in the firebox, heat does strange shit even to thick metal. But if it works it works, I'm excited for you to get your first cook in it.

It's illegal in my area (national forrest areas) to cut or collect the hardwoods even if they are already down, so the only way to get oak is when someone cuts one down on private property. We end up bringing a pile home from Chico or Sac areas every so often, and I keep an eye out for dying fruit trees on peoples property.
So you’re they guy that killed my Apple tree...

Brute

Hooked
I bought a condom cooker a couple years ago. Food always looks good and thought I’d use it the heck out of it. It’s still in the box. lol
I have one too...haven't used it in a couple years, but might have to break it out...they are great for big holiday dinners to keep a bunch of sides warm while the roast is being finished...

I have one too...haven't used it in a couple years, but might have to break it out...they are great for big holiday dinners to keep a bunch of sides warm while the roast is being finished...
Funny you say that. That’s exactly why I bought it. Thought it would come in handy for the holidays. Ended up catching covid just before Christmas so no one came to my place for months. 🤣🤣🤣
then I forgot about the thing till now.

Top Bottom