Shower Thoughts

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Being that they are payed with tax dollars why not just deduct the taxes before payment and save all of the needless transactions, ie government uses tax dollars to pay members, members pay taxes, members file taxes, government pays back taxes...
Seems like it would be easy enough to figure out what taxes need to be paid and not send that money through a 5 step bureaucratic profit siphoning chain. One thing you figure out about working for the government is they could fuck up cold cereal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

That could work but how many people can actually do their taxes correctly. I bet 90% or more of people on this forum either get a refund or pay in meaning their taxes are not correct. Would probably lead to more issues. We are talking about our government after all, which we know how good they are at handling money. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jamesish

So on the government and money they appear to be taking returns a bit more serious this year. I didn’t get my second stimulus check until like a few days after I filed my taxes. I of course included the stimulus credit on my taxes because I didn’t think it would come. I decided to not cash the check but keep it in case something went wrong with return and something was “triggered” on their end showing they sent the check. Thank goodness I kept the check and didn’t send back. They altered my return, took off the second stimulus, and then I just deposited the check. All ended well.

On the website it said to just claim on your return if your account this year didn’t match last years return account.

So yeah, they trying a bit this year to keep it straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jab1719

I don’t know, they(gov’t) just made the first 10k of unemployment exempt from tax after I already filed and paid tax on my unemployment income. Now they are trying to decide what to do about people like me. I love when they change the rules during the middle of filing season!

jesse3638

Hooked
Why is that? I mean I would understand that if there was a draft but going in the military is totally a choice. Why would they not have to pay taxes?

(Begin the overlander hates the military banter)

This is my opinion only. I feel that anyone willing to sign up to fight for this country, whether deployed or not, should get a bit of a tax break. That's all. I do believe that pay during combat deployment is already federally tax exempt. I may be wrong on that.

Now all of the whoa-is-me I'm a veteran blah blah blah I'm with you on.
That could work but how many people can actually do their taxes correctly. I bet 90% or more of people on this forum either get a refund or pay in meaning their taxes are not correct. Would probably lead to more issues. We are talking about our government after all, which we know how good they are at handling money. Lol

If I remember correctly my tax preparer years ago said you shouldn't receive any more that around $500 in a return. Any more than that and you're paying too much off the top and allowing the government to have an interest free loan on you. Granted breaking even and investing any potential "return" would be best for one in the long run. How many could do that though?...haha

Sent from my SM-G991U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jamesish

Couldn’t imagine losing my son and carrying on. Don’t see how people do it after losing a child. Weird to think about rather having no children instead of losing them. One minute they’re reading a book next to you smiling and the next ....

jeeeep

Hooked
all this technology on cars and they can't put auto-dim headlights in them for all the morons that can't figure out how to flip their brights off :doh:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
all this technology on cars and they can't put auto-dim headlights in them for all the morons that can't figure out how to flip their brights off :doh:

Actually they do but it’s an upgraded option... well at least was for my gladiator.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
This is my opinion only. I feel that anyone willing to sign up to fight for this country, whether deployed or not, should get a bit of a tax break. That's all. I do believe that pay during combat deployment is already federally tax exempt. I may be wrong on that.

You are correct deploy and file exempt. Exempt is great. :thumb: But you do have to meet certain requirements. For foreign earned income credit means I have to stay out of the US for 330 days in a years time. So I can only go home for 35 days a year.

I'm a civilian no longer in the military. Just to be clear..;)

Last edited:

FFPulley77

Hooked
Not every intersection has a stop sign, but every stop sign has an intersection...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Look up the Ford Everest. We don’t get them here, but we should.

A junior overlander.

You have to add a snorkel for the full overlander effect 🤣🤣🤣

I see those baskets on everything now. Granted, some of the outfitted vehicles look cool, but when someone just throws one on a totally stock Honda Passport, or Toyota Rav4, it looks pretty goofy.
Hell, I saw a truck with a cap on it with a basket on the cap! :crazyeyes: I gotta get a pic of that one

FFPulley77

Hooked
I see those baskets on everything now. Granted, some of the outfitted vehicles look cool, but when someone just throws one on a totally stock Honda Passport, or Toyota Rav4, it looks pretty goofy.
Hell, I saw a truck with a cap on it with a basket on the cap! :crazyeyes: I gotta get a pic of that one

So you’re saying the wife’s totally stock AWD Tiguan is a no go?? Damn it!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

pop2tu

Being military, federal taxes pays my paycheck, but I pay federal taxes on my paycheck?!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

So, I had a conversation with my boss, some months back, about this. I quit trying to reason with him, after this,

Boss:“ Taxes don’t pay the militaries salaries the budget does”

Me: “Where does the money in the budget come from?”

Boss: “ the government has all sorts of ways of making money, in fact taxes aren’t included in the budget. “

Me: SMH

jesse3638

Hooked
So, I had a conversation with my boss, some months back, about this. I quit trying to reason with him, after this,

Boss:“ Taxes don’t pay the militaries salaries the budget does”

Me: “Where does the money in the budget come from?”

Boss: “ the government has all sorts of ways of making money, in fact taxes aren’t included in the budget. “

Me: SMH

Sounds like a gov answer..haha.

Top Bottom