Shower Thoughts

jamesish

Why did I have to pay a toll when I’m driving in my own state that I already pay taxes to and pay car taxes to? Out of state drivers with out of state tags, sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullwinckle

Hooked
This one may be for the people in the medical field but... Why does doctors order breathing treatments to patients with broken legs? :thinking:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
As a civilian gov employee I've often wondered the same thing...haha. However I feel military personnel should be exempt.

Sent from my SM-G991U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Why is that? I mean I would understand that if there was a draft but going in the military is totally a choice. Why would they not have to pay taxes?

(Begin the overlander hates the military banter)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Why is that? I mean I would understand that if there was a draft but going in the military is totally a choice. Why would they not have to pay taxes?

I didn't say we shouldn't have to pay taxes I just find it funny that I pay taxes that then pays me then gets taxed. Just a inception of taxing money.
There is way more that goes into it but at grade school level thinking makes me chuckle

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked

Being that they are payed with tax dollars why not just deduct the taxes before payment and save all of the needless transactions, ie government uses tax dollars to pay members, members pay taxes, members file taxes, government pays back taxes...
Seems like it would be easy enough to figure out what taxes need to be paid and not send that money through a 5 step bureaucratic profit siphoning chain. One thing you figure out about working for the government is they could fuck up cold cereal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

Being military, federal taxes pays my paycheck, but I pay federal taxes on my paycheck?!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Full time military, I understand your way of thinking. Now the reserves, I know why they tax it the way they do.

The company I work for pays employees full pay when they miss working for military reasons—weekend drills, weeklong training, change of MOS, deployment; all full payment and acrualals. I had one employee change her MOS, go away for four months, came back, maxed out on vacation, took two weeks off, and then deployed for 12 months.

I think it is great they do it.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom