Show Off Your Guns!

Usually over here in Utah but I can come to NV if you ever wanted to make a trip over. Happy to meet you halfway. Maybe get some of the other WAYALIFE guys out who live behind the iron curtain.
Well my extended family is all in Salt Lake so I'll keep you in mind next trip up! An official WAYALIFE Trail Run & Range would be pretty epic too... Lol

TrailHunter

Hooked
Lot of talk about Springfield lately.

thoughts on their ARs? I’ve been wanting to get a Saint victor for a while.
I have one… I really like it. But it’s my first AR and I’m still learning.. Everything on it seems quality to me but I‘m sure there are more expensive options with better internals and tighter tolerances like a Daniel Defense or something. It doesn't have a full rail on top so if you want to mount a bunch of shit up there you can’t.. It‘s comfortable to hold without it though. I think for the money.. it’s a great rifle and you can mod it however you want. My dealer said it’s a solid entry level Rifle and I would agree. Not sure if that helps.

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
I have one… I really like it. But it’s my first AR and I’m still learning.. Everything on it seems quality to me but I‘m sure there are more expensive options with better internals and tighter tolerances like a Daniel Defense or something. It doesn't have a full rail on top so if you want to mount a bunch of shit up there you can’t.. It‘s comfortable to hold without it though. I think for the money.. it’s a great rifle and you can mod it however you want. My dealer said it’s a solid entry level Rifle and I would agree. Not sure if that helps.
For sure does! I’m not out there shooting a lot, just like to now and then and want a nice middle ground one to shoot around with.

appreciate the feedback.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Thought it best to post this up here since I need some opinions and advice. Really want to get into shooting more and while I’ve gone here and there I really haven’t had the means (specifically the age 🤣) to do it often here in CA.

I’ve handled a decent amount of stuff but really think starting out with a solid pistol will be best for hitting the range and possibly some competition here and there.

Out of what I am familiar with handgun wise, it’s really any 1911 or Glock - and a couple Berettas. Upon doing some research, I found that while there’s a whole host of well performing options, a few definitely stand out.

For the first firearm I want to own myself, I think I’ve narrowed it down to a 1911 of a reputable make, a Beretta M9, a Glock, or a Sig p226. These have seemed to be the most attractive models to me, and I would get any and all of them chambered in 9mm for ease of access/affordability of ammo, recoil control, and because a .45 is overkill for target shooting - not like I’m fending off bears or armored intruders often… Lol.

The question really is, what’s a good reliable and reputable pistol? I suppose it really depends on the shooter and their competence to maintain their firearm, but with my limited experience I’d love to hear what you guys think.
Just want to mention Glock 10 round mags are not reliable.

My brother has a couple of Springfield 1911s. He nothing but good things to say about them. I have Colts, one a high round count I've owned since the 90s. Colt makes a good 1911.

Just want to mention Glock 10 round mags are not reliable.

My brother has a couple of Springfield 1911s. He nothing but good things to say about them. I have Colts, one a high round count I've owned since the 90s. Colt makes a good 1911.
Doesn't Colt make THE 1911? Lol

GP NOIR

Hooked
Since When? I've never heard this or ever had a problem in 25 years of using them.
I’ve heard nothing good about Glock 10 rounds mags from guys who put put a lot of rounds through handguns in training. First hand accounts from those who carry firearms into harm’s way. The consensus is, Glock mags blocked to 10 rounds are not reliable to trust your life to.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have only been once so far. Shot a Glock 19. Next trip is for the sig p365 x macro or the VP9. Have to see what the wife likes as well and fits her hands. The Glock was to big for her to get a good grip on it
I love my 365x, but I am a sig fan boy. My .40 229 Equinox is great as well. I also have a 320 full size with a red dot and of the three, that’s the only one that I “regret”.

For what it’s worth I’ve been teaching, Competing and training for over a decade both personally and professionally. It’s what I do for a living.

My alumni consists of people from all over the western United States who unfortunately, must abide by the 10 round mag law. When I teach a class in one of those states or, attend I also am required to use the 10 round mags. In the hundreds of thousands of rounds I’ve shot I can easily say between teaching, training and competing over 50,000 of them have been fired from those very 10 round mags and I have NEVER had a magazine related issue.

If you are getting that info from people they either have a small sample size, have out of spec mags, have the early gen 1 or gen 2 mags which were shitty regardless of capacity or don’t keep their shit squared away.

Those behind the iron curtain can’t play with Gen 4 or 5 mags but can get the gen3’s and they’re squared away.

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
The last couple months I got back into messing with my 1911.... Finished the 5" today... Next I'm on the hunt for a Commander.

This is what I want (But can't buy here in GAY CA) :
Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 4.43.50 PM.png Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 4.44.18 PM.png

This is What My 5" RIA looked like when I bought it in the early 2000's, with the UGLY ass Logo:

RIA.jpeg

This is my Budget Build:

- Removed the Ugly Banner & Blued the Flat
- Distressed the Finish
- Tightened the Slide to Frame Fit
- Removed the extended Guide Rod & Installed an EGW standard GR with checkered Plug
- Removed the Ambi Safety
- Wilson Combat Single Side Thumb Safety
- Wilson Combat Trigger
- New Pin Kit
- EGW Extractor & Firing Pin
- EGW 25dpi Steel Rear Main Spring Housing
- Polished the Barrel, Bushing, Hammer Flats & Feed Ramp
- Built a Second Slide w/ GI sights - (because they look Cool)

Original Slide w/ Alchemy Walnut Grips
DSC04077.jpg DSC04078.jpg

2nd Slide w/ GI sights & Fake Ivory Grips
DSC04085.jpg

The last couple months I got back into messing with my 1911.... Finished the 5" today... Next I'm on the hunt for a Commander.

This is what I want (But can't buy here in GAY CA) :
View attachment 404769 View attachment 404770

This is What My 5" RIA looked like when I bought it in the early 2000's, with the UGLY ass Logo:

View attachment 404768

This is my Budget Build:

- Removed the Ugly Banner & Blued the Flat
- Distressed the Finish
- Tightened the Slide to Frame Fit
- Removed the extended Guide Rod & Installed an EGW standard GR with checkered Plug
- Removed the Ambi Safety
- Wilson Combat Single Side Thumb Safety
- Wilson Combat Trigger
- New Pin Kit
- EGW Extractor & Firing Pin
- EGW 25dpi Steel Rear Main Spring Housing
- Polished the Barrel, Bushing, Hammer Flats & Feed Ramp
- Built a Second Slide w/ GI sights - (because they look Cool)

Original Slide w/ Alchemy Walnut Grips
View attachment 404765 View attachment 404766

2nd Slide w/ GI sights & Fake Ivory Grips
View attachment 404767
Excellent.

Top Bottom