Show Off Your Guns!

WJCO

Meme King
I've talked to a bunch of guides that carry in AK...it's rather difficult to get off more than one or two rounds with a .44, and most dislike practicing with that weapon. Many rather carry a 10mm or .45 with hard cast bullets. Bears are also not my primary concern (I carry bear spray, which is far more effective bear deterrent than a handgun)...I'm more concerned with low lifes wanting to take my jeep from me, hence a 12 ga Benelli with a combo of double aught & slugs...and carry the .45 (not concealed)..
Have you looked at the Taurus Judge? That's likely going to be my next purchase. Shoots 45 and 410 shotgun. Cylinder accepts both size rounds.

Brute

Hooked
Have you looked at the Taurus Judge? That's likely going to be my next purchase. Shoots 45 and 410 shotgun. Cylinder accepts both size rounds.
not yet...I have fired my buddies .45 sig at the range; I like the feel in the hand, and I was accurate with it.

Brute

Hooked
I'm more of a realist and know that the chances of me firing on another human are about 0.0001%. The people who think they can shoot another human point blank are mostly delusional. So hunting and target shooting.
I'm with you on that...and pray that I would never have to use a weapon to defend myself. I suspect if an armed intruder broke into your home while you were there, you would have to make that decision...without hesitation.

jcruse64

I bought one several years ago, and keep it loaded with both .45 and 410 home defense loads. It's fun to shoot.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I'm more of a realist and know that the chances of me firing on another human are about 0.0001%. The people who think they can shoot another human point blank are mostly delusional. So hunting and target shooting.
Agree but you are also twice the size of Brute… just being a realist. Lol.. also depends how far the guy that’s robbing you is willing to go. If your life isn't being threatened and you pull the trigger… most likely you’ll be the one in Jail. Thats just the truth. Shit aint worth it. But I think most law abiding people carry for that low % chance a life threatening situation may happen to them…and they would rather make it out alive… because its their right to do so.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Agree but you are also twice the size of Brute… just being a realist. Lol.. also depends how far the guy that’s robbing you is willing to go. If your life isn't being threatened and you pull the trigger… most likely you’ll be the one in Jail. Thats just the truth. Shit aint worth it. But I think most law abiding people carry for that low % chance a life threatening situation may happen to them…and they would rather make it out alive… because its their right to do so.
I think a lot of people carry because they are scared. That’s not a good combination. Self defense or jiu-jitsu classes would probably be the better investment. Chances of you running into someone with a gun is a lot smaller than someone just looking to steal and fight.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I think a lot of people carry because they are scared. That’s not a good combination. Self defense or jiu-jitsu classes would probably be the better investment. Chances of you running into someone with a gun is a lot smaller than someone just looking to steal and fight.
A lot of truth to that. But still not a good enough reason not to carry. There’s a lot of nut jobs out there. Just my opinion.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The older I get, the less inclined I am to want to roll around on the ground trading blows with someone. Been there and done that…too many times. At my age I’d rather end a truly physical encounter as soon as possible. I do what I can to have plenty of different options in case such a need arises. I’m also not a fan of open carry for a lot of reasons, but I understand why some people do it in the back country.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Totally agree with jiu-jitsu or other training but how well would that work against multiple attackers? The world done gone crazy. Several years ago a family we went to church with had their daughter kidnapped at knifepoint by two attackers and another in a car. Some lead is a much better solution than a chokehold in a lot of cases.

jeeeep

Hooked
The older I get, the less inclined I am to want to roll around on the ground trading blows with someone. Been there and done that…too many times. At my age I’d rather end a truly physical encounter as soon as possible. I do what I can to have plenty of different options in case such a need arises. I’m also not a fan of open carry for a lot of reasons, but I understand why some people do it in the back country.
This, I'm too old and slow to fight, knees don't allow me to move in a defensive manner, I'm like a one-punch punching dummy lol, the days of being able to take a punch and give it back are long gone.

I plan to be around for my daughter as long as physically possible, I've got 911 on my screen for quick dial and have used it.
The bigger issue is it's getting much harder to avoid the assholes, I avoid areas where the chances of shithead confrontations are high, but these days, someone told those ass-wipes they can go do whatever they want, wherever they want to whomever they want.

Took me a long time to decide to carry and I don't carry every day; it pisses me off that I feel like that day is coming.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Totally agree with jiu-jitsu or other training but how well would that work against multiple attackers? The world done gone crazy. Several years ago a family we went to church with had their daughter kidnapped at knifepoint by two attackers and another in a car. Some lead is a much better solution than a chokehold in a lot of cases.
in California that would get the shooter a one way ticket to prison.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Castle doctrine states normally allow you to defend everything on your property as well.
I think what he is trying to say (and I could be wrong) is that most people who buy a gun solely for self defense.. are simply not prepared to do so... on many levels.

I would also argue that its More important to focus on when NOT to use a firearm.

GP NOIR

Hooked
If someone has the mindset they cannot or will not take a life in defense of their lives or the lives of their loved ones with a firearm, they don't have the mindset to defend themselves or their loved ones with Jiu-Jitsu or other unarmed technique.

Taking a human life is abhorrent to the majority of people. But we don't defend ourselves to kill. We defend ourselves to survive. Killing your attacker is one horrible, possible outcome necessary to end an attack. For most it's better than suffering irreparable harm or loss of life to a loved one or yourself. If you'd rather suffer irreparable harm or loss of life than take the life of your attacker, that's your choice. I don't understand it, but I accept that it's your right.

Most people who carry are not scared. If most people who cary did so because they were scared and that was a bad combination, we'd have more occurrences of otherwise law abiding citizens acting out. Most people who carry are very cognizant of the burden of responsibility that rests on their shoulders. Otherwise, we'd have a lot more "Karens" flashing firearms about.

Not all jurisdictions allow the use of lethal force to defend property. Not all "castle doctrine" covers property outside the domicile. I believe some still require you to show you did everything possible to retreat before resorting to the use of lethal force.

For a reliable, durable shotgun, check out the Beretta 1301 Tactical. It's light, short and well vetted by guys who know fighting shotguns.

Top Bottom