Show Off Your Guns!

WJCO

Meme King
What grips are on it? I’m looking for something better than factory wood grips on my s&w 44. They beat the hell out of my hand
Appears to be rubber. S&W brand. Came with it. I don't know that there's anything comfortable while shooting a gun like a 44 or 500, but grip feels decent. I've carried it Winter backpacking and even in the snow with cold fingers, it is easy to hold onto.

DSC01399.JPG

DSC01400.JPG

DSC01402.JPG

Tixslam

I don't know if everyone is familiar with these neat little blasters, It should make a good Jeep or truck gun.
It's a S&W FPC in 9mm with a Sig Romeo 5, it has been more accurate than I imagined, especially with Federal HST 124grain.
20230906_153546.jpg
The included gun case is very discreet and it drops right into the Nitto case.

jeeeep

Hooked
I don't know if everyone is familiar with these neat little blasters, It should make a good Jeep or truck gun.
It's a S&W FPC in 9mm with a Sig Romeo 5, it has been more accurate than I imagined, especially with Federal HST 124grain.
View attachment 395416
The included gun case is very discreet and it drops right into the Nitto case.
cool as hell but folding guns like that make me nervous, I'm assuming eventually parts will wear and will that cause the barrel alignment to be off enough to cause misfire injury or will it cause a loading jam and prevent firing?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looking for some opinions on a good conceal carry gun. I have shot a few guns in the past (sig 229 and Glock 23) but this will be the first gun I will actually be buying. I also still coincider myself a beginner shooter due to how long it’s been since I have last shot. Don’t wanna spend to more than maybe $1000 max. Looking at a sig365 x currently. Also the Canik tp9 elite has caught my eye. Thanks In advance for your opinions

WJCO

Meme King
Looking for some opinions on a good conceal carry gun. I have shot a few guns in the past (sig 229 and Glock 23) but this will be the first gun I will actually be buying. I also still coincider myself a beginner shooter due to how long it’s been since I have last shot. Don’t wanna spend to more than maybe $1000 max. Looking at a sig365 x currently. Also the Canik tp9 elite has caught my eye. Thanks In advance for your opinions
Comfort shooting and comfort carrying can be two different things. It sucks to find a gun you love shooting then down the road realize it sucks for carrying. Vice versa applies too. 380s are so comfortable for carrying, but some aren't as comfortable to shoot. I would recommend going to a range that allows you to shoot several rentals, find one that you like to shoot and ask the gun shop if you can try carrying it around the store with a holster. Most gun shops will allow it. Get in and out chairs, etc. Really make sure it's comfortable. I've carried 6 guns that I can remember and really only two that I stuck with. Same goes for finding a comfortable holster. Are you going iwb?

As for me, I currently carry a 22 magnum pocket revolver. Packs enough punch but very comfortable to carry. Been carrying it for years. It's a small gun but I practice with it regularly. It has a laser as well that's sighted in perfectly.

GP NOIR

Hooked
I like my Sig P365 with the Wilson Combat grip frame and red dot sight.

Ddays

Hooked
Good advice above. There are so many indoor ranges popping up now - thats a great place to start. I just bought the wife a P365XL. Nice gun. I personally like a little larger pistol. My favorite is my Colt 1911. Sig makes some really nice pistols. There's so damn many to look at it. but thats half the fun.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Smaller the gun, more recoil… larger the gun… harder to conceal. The grip of the gun is what will print through your shirt. A good holster and where you place it is key… but every body is different. Choosing a gun that fits your hand and you shoot well, is subjective. I say no less than 9mm and around 10rds capacity. Reliability is also important… its gotta go bang. (Do some research before you buy) Simplicity in the guns functioning will get you on target faster.. But really just train with whatever you choose. G19, G43x, G26, P365, P365X is a good place to start.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks all for the advice. Will make sure to go and try shooting with some rentals if I can.

The one thing I never liked about the Glock was how small the grip was. I have big hands and it felt like a toy gun in my hand.

My neighbor is a PA trooper and he carry’s a HK vp9 and he let me hold it the other day when discussing the topic. The grip on that felt good and that it wasn’t to large or to small.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Thanks all for the advice. Will make sure to go and try shooting with some rentals if I can.

The one thing I never liked about the Glock was how small the grip was. I have big hands and it felt like a toy gun in my hand.

My neighbor is a PA trooper and he carry’s a HK vp9 and he let me hold it the other day when discussing the topic. The grip on that felt good and that it wasn’t to large or to small.
Full size is 100% more reliable, accurate and easier to shoot … if you can conceal it and will carry it...Do it. Smaller isn’t always better.

TrailHunter

Hooked

Just to add…. HK’s are great guns. I think you definitely want a Double stack 9mm… For example the Glock G17, G19, G26 would be equivalent in size to the VP9, VP9SK & P30SK… the 3 sizes of each are the same thickness and same trigger reach… just different slide & grip length. So they still feel ”full“ in the hand… but the variants are shorter in slide & grip length for easier concealment… if that makes sense.

The micro pistols like the G43, G43x, P365 etc… are thinner with shorter trigger reach. So they feel really small In hand.

I prefer the double stack 9’s.

I appendix carry a Glock 26 with a grip extension. I really like the weight and it’s easy to locate for a quick draw. I don’t want to try and find the grip if needed so the size and weight are perfect for me.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’m admittedly a Sig fanboy, but I love my 365x with a mag modification (14 rounds in a standard mag) and it is my EDC 99% of the time. It’s easy to handle, lightweight, and shoots extremely well. When concealment is less of an issue, I carry my P229 in .40.

WJCO

Meme King

Walther is another option. Very comfortable to shoot IMO.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m admittedly an Sig fanboy, but I love my 365x with a mag modification (14 rounds in a standard mag) and it is my EDC 99% of the time. It’s easy to handle, lightweight, and shoots extremely well. When concealment is less of an issue, I carry my P229 in .40.
They just added the 365 to the Comifornia roster… I may grab one. Just because. Did they iron out all the issues? Sig tends to Beta test on the public.

Top Bottom