Show off your guitars

Brute

Hooked
Howz this for a one of a kind guitar?...a five neck Hamer built in 1981 for Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick...the first of three five neck guitars Hamer would build for him. This one has a twelve string neck, a fret less neck, one with a tremolo, and two others that could be in different tunings...

Attachments

• C754DBE3-238B-4118-AFF4-0DCEAA510420.jpg
    C754DBE3-238B-4118-AFF4-0DCEAA510420.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 47

jesse3638

Hooked
Damn even more. So cool, and thanks for sharing this history. There is a local meat market and deli which in addition to great primes cuts of beef, sandwiches, craft beer and soda also has an avid guitar collector for an owner. He hangs a different one from his collection every week over the meat case. I'm sure he's very well aware of this exhibit and probably has been there.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
This is the guitar you first see when you walk into the exhibit...a 1957 Gibson ES350T...an early favorite made famous by Chuck Berry. In 1957, Gibson introduced Seth Lover’s Patent Applied For (PAF) humbucking pickups with two coils that had electrical currents running in opposite directions, canceling (bucking) hum that was associated with some early single coil pickups.

Attachments

• 77D60CC3-0898-4BB3-8760-D171DB200E2D.jpg
    77D60CC3-0898-4BB3-8760-D171DB200E2D.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 766DC573-5A9E-4097-835B-AF52DAF68D8C.jpg
    766DC573-5A9E-4097-835B-AF52DAF68D8C.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 40

jesse3638

Hooked
This is the guitar you first see when you walk into the exhibit...a 1957 Gibson ES350T...an early favorite made famous by Chuck Berry. In 1957, Gibson introduced Seth Lover’s Patent Applied For (PAF) humbucking pickups with two coils that had electrical currents running in opposite directions, canceling (bucking) hum that was associated with some early single coil pickups.

Beautiful guitar.

Anytime I hear Chuck Berry I always think of Back to the Future and his cousin Marvin Berry...haha.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I love the look of the SG, but I just couldn’t get over the neck heavy feel. The strat is the most comfortable. But love those Gibson humbuckers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh man I love the feel of an SG. I would say it has to be one of my all time favorite guitars (although I don’t currently own one). My Les Paul is a chambered double cut with dual humbuckers though, so it’s not too far off, just a little thicker body.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
This was my daughter's first electric guitar. I think she got it when she was 6 y/o. She still uses it to sit around on the couch and practice. The original tuners and pickups were crap. I paid more for the new tuners than I did for the guitar itself, but I was still nervous drilling out the headstock to install them. Lol.

20190730_204627-768x1024.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
This one is real pretty in person. Custom Shop Pro in Burgundy Mist Metallic. She doesn't like to play it very often though, as she's afraid to ding it. LOL. I told her it only adds character, kind of like Colorado pinstripes on the Jeep. The Souldier strap was a birthday gift.

20190730_210513-1024x576.jpg

Brute

Hooked
This was my daughter's first electric guitar. I think she got it when she was 6 y/o. She still uses it to sit around on the couch and practice. The original tuners and pickups were crap. I paid more for the new tuners than I did for the guitar itself, but I was still nervous drilling out the headstock to install them. Lol.

View attachment 331753

Here's a pretty neat guitar that she has. It's an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul, manufactured in Japan.

View attachment 331754

View attachment 331755

This one is real pretty in person. Custom Shop Pro in Burgundy Mist Metallic. She doesn't like to play it very often though, as she's afraid to ding it. LOL. I told her it only adds character, kind of like Colorado pinstripes on the Jeep. The Souldier strap was a birthday gift.

View attachment 331759

Awesome.......

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

I’ve got the exact same case for my Select Tele

View attachment 331759

Beautiful! Just something about a higher end Fender

View attachment 331753

I still have my first guitar as well. Did new tuners and pickups along with paint as well. Somethings you just can’t get rid of.

Brute

Hooked
My first electric guitar was a 68 Les Paul Custom I bought from a friend for $400 in 1978...then my grandpa died, and I had to sell it to buy airfare from HI to MA...funny thing is I never owned another Gibson since...

I wish I still had that guitar...

Brute

Hooked
This 1943 Gibson J-45 belonged to the dude who died in a plane crash with Ritchie Valens & The Big Bopper a month before I was born

Attachments

• B91CE7E0-D5B8-4F09-A4BE-7F1BF4F21B93.jpg
    B91CE7E0-D5B8-4F09-A4BE-7F1BF4F21B93.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 42

TrailHunter

Hooked

My 6 y/o is showing some interest in guitars so I was thinking of picking up a Mini... I really don't want to spend more than $150. We went to Guitar Center today and they had the Fender mini, a Mitchell and an Ibanez. He liked the Mitchell but it looked kind of cheap.... and the reviews I read on these minis all complain about the tuners. If you could do it again would you still get the Fender? Is it really worth it.. or is it better to have the kid play on a full size guitar and grow into it?

Top Bottom