Shock locks?

Tack weld the nut or demolish the threads after they are mounted, at least it would take a grinder or sawzall to get them off quickly. Still not theft proof but it would take some time and noise to remove them.

Downside is you need to cut off the bolts to service shocks or springs

Tack weld the nut or demolish the threads after they are mounted, at least it would take a grinder or sawzall to get them off quickly. Still not theft proof but it would take some time and noise to remove them.

Downside is you need to cut off the bolts to service shocks or springs

I know nothing is "theft proof" but deterrent or at least something that would take time or create some noise so I can get to it in time is good enough for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

There are tamper resistant fasteners. Maybe something like this.

https://www.mcmaster.com/Nuts/tamper-resistant-tri-groove-nuts/tamper-resistant-nuts

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Cool idea, but those only go up to M10. I think the shock bolts are M12 according to google.

If you're really worried about shocks getting stolen... I would do as suggested and tack weld the nut. With a grinder, it'll take just seconds to remove, but some punk with a wrench couldn't do it out on the street.

Cool idea, but those only go up to M10. I think the shock bolts are M12 according to google.

If you're really worried about shocks getting stolen... I would do as suggested and tack weld the nut. With a grinder, it'll take just seconds to remove, but some punk with a wrench couldn't do it out on the street.

Oh yeah I didn't even check fitting sizes. Thanks for bringing that up. Yeah I might end up doing that just to be safe. I might be being overly cautious, but a little extra security for something that takes less than 2 minutes seems like a worthy idea. Thanks again man.

That's a good idea, but I think you need to tack the bolt to the perch so it won't back out. If you tac the nut the bolt would back right out and the tac would hold the nut in place.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh yeah I didn't even check fitting sizes. Thanks for bringing that up. Yeah I might end up doing that just to be safe. I might be being overly cautious, but a little extra security for something that takes less than 2 minutes seems like a worthy idea. Thanks again man.
I'd like to see someone get a set of shocks off in 2 mins. King rears are a total pain...haha

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's a good idea, but I think you need to tack the bolt to the perch so it won't back out. If you tac the nut the bolt would back right out and the tac would hold the nut in place.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Doh! That's like the Big Lebowski when he props the chair under the door to wedge it in place and the door swings the other way.

So I finally found a set of 2.5 Resi shocks from King and pulled the trigger. However, I really want to make sure they stay on my Jeep. Lol. Anyone on here have any locks/tricks that they use to ensure their shocks don't get jacked? I am sure I can MacGyver if I need to, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Use 10mm hardware, nobody has that socket

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom