Shock locks?

NME

So I finally found a set of 2.5 Resi shocks from King and pulled the trigger. However, I really want to make sure they stay on my Jeep. Lol. Anyone on here have any locks/tricks that they use to ensure their shocks don't get jacked? I am sure I can MacGyver if I need to, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

NME

People going to the effort to steal shocks? Is this really a thing?

Happened to a buddy of mine in LA. I frequently visit and stay overnight. So, probably not a common thing, but something I am willing to spend a little bit of money to ensure doesn't happen to me.

People going to the effort to steal shocks? Is this really a thing?

I would think if they’re doing that they’d just take the entire Jeep and ditch the carcass.

To answer the question tack weld the bolt in place. Or weld a metal strap over the bolts. As always just slows down a thief not stop them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Happened to a buddy of mine in LA. I frequently visit and stay overnight. So, probably not a common thing, but something I am willing to spend a little bit of money to ensure doesn't happen to me.

Tell your buddy to come visit you

NME

I would think if they’re doing that they’d just take the entire Jeep and ditch the carcass.

To answer the question tack weld the bolt in place. Or weld a metal strap over the bolts. As always just slows down a thief not stop them.

They very well might have, but my buds and I all got killswitches put in back when we were still on base after a fellow Marine got his rig jacked by some desert rat he brought back to barracks.

WJCO

Meme King

If you're willing to do the work, you can drill a hole through the bolt threads and add wire or a cotter pin I guess. Or you could always park your Jeep on a small island surrounded by a moat with sharks with laser beams on their foreheads. Of course if you don't already own a property like that, it will likely cost slightly more than the shocks.

NME

If you're willing to do the work, you can drill a hole through the bolt threads and add wire or a cotter pin I guess. Or you could always park your Jeep on a small island surrounded by a moat with sharks with laser beams on their foreheads. Of course if you don't already own a property like that, it will likely cost slightly more than the shocks.

Hmm, I do like the idea of a moat. I think the thread idea is probably financially smarter at the moment though. Appreciate the suggestion.

WJCO

Meme King
Hmm, I do like the idea of a moat. I think the thread idea is probably financially smarter at the moment though. Appreciate the suggestion.

I welded a freeze plug around one of the bolt heads on a winch on one of my Jeeps but the winch is way more accessible than a shock absorber. With that being said, I was probably more overly cautious than I needed to be.

NME

I welded a freeze plug around one of the bolt heads on a winch on one of my Jeeps but the winch is way more accessible than a shock absorber. With that being said, I was probably more overly cautious than I needed to be.

Yeah I can see the winch for sure but I understand. It seems ridiculous to ask I just want to make sure they stay mine. Never had such nice shocks before.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
First place I thought of too. Lol

I built a bunch of houses out there back in the day. Ended up living out there for almost 2 years and I kind of liked it. Quiet and lots of space to get lost. But I also didn't hang out with much of the local population..
And after a hot day in the sun just dig your own pool.lol
john2005 058.jpg
john2005 061.jpg

Top Bottom