Shark "Tank"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Or a JT. I’ll be building another Jeep for my other son who turns 16 in a couple of years. Then I finally get to build my own that I will likely keep and drive forever. ;)

TrailHunter

Hooked
Looks like the steering pump is on its way out. Can’t really justify going full blown Hyrdo just for 35’s, but I wouldn’t mind a bit of an upgrade.

Anyone have experience with this kit and do you think it is worth the extra money over just replacing with an OEM pump? How was the install? Can you retain the factory air box?

View attachment 306453

I’m interested in the responses on this as well... I’ve burned up 2 boxes on my Duramax running 35’s... both times was a $500 fix. So I am already anticipating my JK having similar issues once the bigger tires go on... would be great if this is a solid solution.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

After doing some research and getting some input from Eddie, I think I’m just going OEM again this time. There are some reports of odd/squirrely freeway characteristics with this setup and I can’t chance that with a young driver. If we burn up another OEM box then maybe we will have to go hydro.

Last edited:

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
After doing some research and getting some input from Eddie, I think I’m just going OEM again this time. There are some reports of odd/squirrely freeway characteristics with this setup and I can’t chance that with a young driver. If we burn up another OEM box then maybe we will have to go full hydro.
Ones from Napa are lifetime warranty 😉. You can burn up as many of those as you want.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
After doing some research and getting some input from Eddie, I think I’m just going OEM again this time. There are some reports of odd/squirrely freeway characteristics with this setup and I can’t chance that with a young driver. If we burn up another OEM box then maybe we will have to go full hydro.

Full hydro or hydro assist? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

My son saved up and for Xmas we split the cost of a Poison Spyder bumper for him. Can’t wait to get it on.

I know this type of “mod” isn’t for everyone, but my son likes a little customization and bling so I decided to cut a sheet of green plexiglass, mount it behind the Spyder in the bumper, and run a light to it. We think it looks cool without being over the top.

IMG_4931.JPG
IMG_4930.JPG
IMG_4929.JPG

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My son saved up and for Xmas we split the cost of a Poison Spyder bumper for him. Can’t wait to get it on.

I know this type of “mod” isn’t for everyone, but my son likes a little customization and bling so I decided to cut a sheet of green plexiglass, mount it behind the Spyder in the bumper, and run a light to it. We think it looks cool without being over the top.

View attachment 316771
View attachment 316772
View attachment 316773

Do you drive the bike in the background now since you don’t have a Jeep?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

That is really badass. I love those kind of mods.

Top Bottom