Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

GCM 2

:cheesy: The sad thing is, you can't even make up this stuff :crazyeyes:

.....and you know I can't make up the fact that I have subscribed to the magazine since its inception :) Eddie, I have even re-gifted a couple of copies to you and Cindy back in a hotel parking lot somewhere in Indiana!

JAGS

Hooked
.....and you know I can't make up the fact that I have subscribed to the magazine since its inception :) Eddie, I have even re-gifted a couple of copies to you and Cindy back in a hotel parking lot somewhere in Indiana!

And here i thought you were a real jeeper. :grayno: :furious3:You're nothing but an overlander in crawlers' clothing. You should just go hide under the rock you just crawled over.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Oh yeah, I still have them although, I will have to apologize for them no longer being in the same pristine condition that they were in when you presented them to me. Almost 5,000 miles later which included a day at Red Bird, Indiana - Silver Lake, Rocks and Valleys, Turtle Ridge and a tour around Dummond Island, Michigan and even a trip up Hal Johns, South Dakota plus a few viewings, I'm afraid they haven't faired very well. :crazyeyes:

IMG_3343[1].jpg

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member

:yup:

IMG_7041-overland.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug

I still think we should have got a picture of him with them falling out of his bag or something like that. That pic would have been priceless. :cheesy:

GCM 2

:doh: I get it, you guys are CLOSET OVERLANDERS and it took 589 posts for you to come out... :cheesy:

I am so glad Cindy took that picture! Haha, not a closet "overlander" by any means :cheesy: I brought those along to the 2012 JKX because of THIS THREAD! In all seriousness how can one say they are truly well rounded in all things that are offroad centric if they don't educate themselves through all means possible and then go apply the knowledge obtained in a practical excersize (actually doing it). You can always learn something new! I am simply someone who loves anything having to do with the outdoors :thumb: Despite the magazines title (it's got to be called something), it has great gear test, some of, if not the most thorough. Along with the photography skills of our friends Bleedbeat and Wayolife here, the magazine also has some of the nicest photos of landscapes you will ever see.
I still don't believe you need to church it up to make it feel more than it really is :icon_crazy:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I was being totally sarcastic about the "closet overlander" comment lol!

At this point in this thread I'm of the opinion that if someone reads this entire thread and still doesn't "get it" then it's a worthless endeavor to continue to even discuss it with them. 

A Jeep by any other name... ;)

WAYALIFE 

Last edited:

JKBANDIT55

Im getting 35s next week. Shooot, no more overlanding:doh:.. Yes im making fun of myself. Didn't realize how much of a doosh I was being. :doh:

Yeahright

Damn, Ive got 35s and im getting 4.88s fitted as we speak, and you what im going to do???, Im going to Overland and Rock Crawl!!!!, YEP I SAID IT!!!, I dont care Im doing both!!!, I have no fear!!, Well maybe a little bit. Will you guys still be my friends???
Sorry guys a little bit of Aussie sarcastic humour I couldnt help myself.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Damn, Ive got 35s and im getting 4.88s fitted as we speak, and you what im going to do???, Im going to Overland and Rock Crawl!!!!, YEP I SAID IT!!!, I dont care Im doing both!!!, I have no fear!!, Well maybe a little bit. Will you guys still be my friends???

LOL no worries! We have plenty of humor and sarcasm in here! :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Im getting 35s next week. Shooot, no more overlanding:doh:.. Yes im making fun of myself. Didn't realize how much of a doosh I was being. :doh:

eh, you don't need to be like that. We're all just having some fun. We'll need to hook up sometime and have a drink on a roll out storage drawer or something :D

Nope, totally unacceptable my friend :crazyeyes: :D

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
ups-truck-accident-this-thread-delivers-heHYAN.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm thinking of building and overland rig that is good on gas, has plenty of storage space and doesn't have crazy big tires which we all know are very unnecessary for the purposes of "overlanding."

What do you all think?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358506720.796148.jpg

GCM 2

Like I said my friend, no one is intentionally trying to give black eyes here, at least I'm not trying to. Cheers brother!

Last edited:

GCM 2

GCM 2's new name = Gregor

:cheesy:

Man, you and Sharkey have cut me deep ;( This hurts like no other hurt in all the hurts I have been hurt with.

Respectfully,
Gregor the Overlander from Middle Earth
(turn left at the shire, go 3 miles, located next to Gandolph the Grey's 4x4 Cart repair)

Top Bottom