Rebuilt of a Billet Silver mall crawler

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I need to get a couple of those ejection port covers. I was looking at the ones that say 300 blackout. Love my MK 18. In the middle of converting it to 300 BLK

View attachment 267844

GRBG TRK http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?38800-Garbage-Truck-(GRBG-TRK)

That cover is awesome. Very cool.

Yea it is way cool. The shop where the rifle came from does custom engravings on guns. You can probably just take your cover out and take it to engraving place to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Got the EVO Rockstars installed today. It did take almost 5hrs.....
IMG_5194.jpg
I had to trim a bit more of the bracket on opposite side.
IMG_5196.jpg
Smaller 3/8" bolts were off a little bit, that got fixed with a little drilling quick
IMG_5197.jpg
IMG_5199.jpg
Final product
IMG_5211.jpg
IMG_5212.jpg
And all done
IMG_5215.jpg
IMG_5217.jpg
Driver side coil is a little looser than expected, I might add springs retainers
https://youtu.be/lXK5RxgK2nA
Slightly less loose with sway bar connected. Really thinking about adding retainers.

My 2 most favorite tools to work on my jk
IMG_5201.jpg

I must say I really enjoy cutting up my jeep [emoji16]..... it's fun and very satisfying.

Also got my rear extended brake lines installed last Sunday.
IMG_5170.jpg
More on that in here
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/47393-Brake-line-fitting-question

Front ones are next. I also got these teraflex brake line anchor. This will be the only teraflex part I will run. It's kinda neath actually.....
IMG_5220.jpg

Have a great weekend Everybody [emoji482]

Last edited:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Got the front brake lines changed today. Luckily this time the flare nuts on both sides broke loose easily and I didn't have to cite the hard lines and reflare the ends.
Here's a little mock up of he routing with the Teraflex brake line anchors.
IMG_5251.jpg
IMG_5252.jpg
Those things are garbage by the way
IMG_5255.jpg
I ended up ditching those teraflex anchors and just leaving the lines be where they want to be. They seem to be out of the way form everything at both ride height and full droop.
IMG_5256.jpg

One thing o wasn't paying attention to was all the fluid leaking out of he reservoir, so when I went to bleed the new lines I started pumping bunch of air in the master cylinder. It took 2 bottles of brake fluid to get all the air out of the lines [emoji854].

I will be addressing my rear spring situation next [emoji869][emoji41]

JKbrick

Got the front brake lines changed today. Luckily this time the flare nuts on both sides broke loose easily and I didn't have to cite the hard lines and reflare the ends.
Here's a little mock up of he routing with the Teraflex brake line anchors.
View attachment 270298
View attachment 270299
Those things are garbage by the way
View attachment 270300
I ended up ditching those teraflex anchors and just leaving the lines be where they want to be. They seem to be out of the way form everything at both ride height and full droop.
View attachment 270301

One thing o wasn't paying attention to was all the fluid leaking out of he reservoir, so when I went to bleed the new lines I started pumping bunch of air in the master cylinder. It took 2 bottles of brake fluid to get all the air out of the lines [emoji854].

I will be addressing my rear spring situation next [emoji869][emoji41]

Looks great! I'm surprised those little brackets are garbage, they look like they would work well but guess you don't know till you actually try. I always heard if you got air in the abs system it was an automatic trip to a shop $$

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Looks great! I'm surprised those little brackets are garbage, they look like they would work well but guess you don't know till you actually try. I always heard if you got air in the abs system it was an automatic trip to a shop $$

Those anchors would probably work great with the factory lines which are actually longer then the Currie ones I installed. At full drop while using the Teraflex anchor It was pulling the lines down at the frame too much.... I don't know, maybe I have too much droop lol.

As far as air in the system, I just kept adding fluid and my wife Was pumping the brakes while I was doing all the bleeders. I went around all 4 corners quite a few times. We just kept going until there was no more air coming out of the bleeders. It brakes good ,just like it did before. I will defiantly keep an eye on everything though.

WJCO

Meme King
I've never understood how those line anchors are supposed to work either. I've never used them, but in my mind, it seems like they would create the exact same issue that you ran into.

Foley

Hi,

whats the deal with those evo shock mounts? Looks interesting!

I agree with your favorite tools. I really like the fuel series from Milwaukee.

Lg

Last edited:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Hi,

whats the deal with those evo shock mounts? Looks interesting!

I agree with your favorite tools. I really like the fuel series from Milwaukee.

Lg

Those mounts (Rockstars) bring up the mounting point of a shock by an 1.5", factory location is the lowest hanging part of your suspension on the jeep. They also provide a skidplate for your lower control arms mounting points/joints.
But now my shocks are a bit too long which causes my coils to be loose at full droop. I will be adding JKS spring retainers to hold my coils in place and prevent them form tipping, potentially preventing them form falling out on the trail.
IMG_5261.JPG
IMG_5262.JPG
And also while I am addressing my rear coils I will also be adding JKS spring brackets to fix the bow in the rear coils.
IMG_5263.JPG
IMG_4585.jpg

Here's Eddies write up on the EVO Rockstars
https://www.wayalife.com/archive/index.php/t-30619.html

Here is a thread I started about retaining the coils if you are interested in that
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/47288-Spring-retainers

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Hosed out my Bedrugs and the floor in a jeep with a garden hose today. We had a mysterious smell coming form the inside.
IMG_5259.jpg
IMG_5260.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Flushed my brake system again, for like the 3rd time. I picked up Motive Power Bleeder form Summit Racing to do the job.
IMG_5280.jpg
Good thing about this bleeder is not needing the wife to pump the brakes while I bleed, avoiding unnecessary fight too lol.

I kept tapping brake caliper with a hammer and I also kept flicking the lines while I bled. This method helps trapped air escape the lines. It did work pretty well and I saw a lot more air coming out than expected.
IMG_5277.jpg

I bled each corner through entire one of these 3 times. Always starting rear passenger and finishing front driver.
IMG_5279.jpg

This is how much brake fluid I used since replacing all 4 soft lines. Lol it comes out so clean that I probably keep reusing it by now... but my OCD won't let me.
IMG_5281.jpg

All in all pretty easy but very long and annoying process. I kept pumping up the power bleeder to about 18psi every so often. Got a lot more air out that I though was still trapped in the system. There was mostly trapped in both rear lines, I didnt really see any air while bleeding the fronts. It brakes better, I think I'll drive it for few days and maybe run a little more fluid through it.

JKbrick

Flushed my brake system again, for like the 3rd time. I picked up Motive Power Bleeder form Summit Racing to do the job.
View attachment 270893
Good thing about this bleeder is not needing the wife to pump the brakes while I bleed, avoiding unnecessary fight too lol.

I kept tapping brake caliper with a hammer and I also kept flicking the lines while I bled. This method helps trapped air escape the lines. It did work pretty well and I saw a lot more air coming out than expected.
View attachment 270895

I bled each corner through entire one of these 3 times. Always starting rear passenger and finishing front driver.
View attachment 270896

This is how much brake fluid I used since replacing all 4 soft lines. Lol it comes out so clean that I probably keep reusing it by now... but my OCD won't let me.
View attachment 270897

All in all pretty easy but very long and annoying process. I kept pumping up the power bleeder to about 18psi every so often. Got a lot more air out that I though was still trapped in the system. There was mostly trapped in both rear lines, I didnt really see any air while bleeding the fronts. It brakes better, I think I'll drive it for few days and maybe run a little more fluid through it.

Looks like a nice brake bleeder, may have to steal that idea since I wrench by myself all the time. Maybe I'll finally get my lines changed

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Looks like a nice brake bleeder, may have to steal that idea since I wrench by myself all the time. Maybe I'll finally get my lines changed

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I like it, steady constant pressure all the time. I put 2 bottles of fluid it it at once. You just gotta make sure you keep the pressure in there. I read some Random thread I googled. MoTech chimed in stating that Jeep's service manual call for power bleeding at 15-20 psi but They (motech) do 20-30psi. I might go slightly over 20 if I decide to bleed again in few days. I also read that it's a lot more bleeding to get the air out the rears, which I must say is true after today's bleed job.
If you are buying one, this is the one I used. This model is for Chrysler and comes with the cap that will fit the reservoir. Also put some teflon tape on the fitting between the bleeder and the cap that comes with the kit. Make sure you test for any leaks prior to filling the power bleeder with fluid.
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/MVP-0103

Top Bottom