Rebuilt of a Billet Silver mall crawler

I really like how you relocated your differential breather hoses. Wish i could have done when I installed new tail light on. BTW, really nice fender cut! I tried door edge molding... Prfft so I need to find time to sand it smooth.

I really like how you relocated your differential breather hoses. Wish i could have done when I installed new tail light on. BTW, really nice fender cut! I tried door edge molding... Prfft so I need to find time to sand it smooth.

Thanks, if you want to do breathers like I did make sure you leave enough slack in the line to account for the axle droop. You really don't want to pull the line off the axle. It literally takes one minute to pull the tail light out. You only need to take out the screws towards the tailgate and it pop right out. On need to touch the outside screws.
For the flares I used a coarse file to get the lines straight to my liking. I then used 80grit sand paper and after that 150grit I believe. To finish I ran a permanent marker on the edge to give it the nice sharp, crips edge [emoji108]

Got the fire extinguisher mounted up today. I decided to mount it on the roll bar above rear driver passenger seat.
I got everything unzipped marked and foam pulled out to trim.
IMG_5405.jpg
IMG_5406.jpg
IMG_5408.jpg
I ended up cutting a lot more foam out and eventually just splitting the foam into two. I also felt the need to show off the mount, so I trimmed and tucked the roll bar padding to make the mount stand out.
IMG_5410.jpg
IMG_5411.jpg
IMG_5412.jpg
IMG_5416.jpg
I am very pleased with how the final product came out.
IMG_5418.jpg
IMG_5419.jpg
IMG_5417.jpg
IMG_5421.jpg

On the bad note I pulled my soft top window a little too hard and ripped it [emoji849]
IMG_5420.jpg

Dang that's pretty impressive packaging, I see a new steering box is on the way as well [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
I am very impressed by the packaging and quality of the components. Can wait to get it all in.

Looking forward to seeing it all installed!

Me too. Hoping to get everything in time for SMORR next month 🤞 I am swamped with weddings for next couple weekends....

Got a chance to get the EVO oil pan skid on yesterday. I figured it won't take long at all. Well I didn't notice that the lip on one side of the skid was bent s little and there was no way the oil pan bolts would pull it back to straight [emoji19]. Of course it had to be the last two bolts to go in before I noticed. I tried to push it back straight with a bar bout it wouldn't go and I didn't want to push to hard. I ended up taking it of and beating it back straight with a hammer..... about an 1.5hr and 3 beers later I was done
IMG_5467.jpg
I Also discovered that I have a slight leak on the pinion seal, trace of gear oil coming from the yoke going down the bottom of the pumpkin. I cleaned it up with some brake parts cleaner and I'll keep an eye on it to see how bad it leaks.
As somebody posted on here before.... learn to live with a leak, embrace the leak, become the leak LOL. Damn, there is always something.

Got a chance to get the EVO oil pan skid on yesterday. I figured it won't take long at all. Well I didn't notice that the lip on one side of the skid was bent s little and there was no way the oil pan bolts would pull it back to straight [emoji19]. Of course it had to be the last two bolts to go in before I noticed. I tried to push it back straight with a bar bout it wouldn't go and I didn't want to push to hard. I ended up taking it of and beating it back straight with a hammer..... about an 1.5hr and 3 beers later I was done

It may have taken a lot longer to do but I think you made the right decision to NOT force the last 2 bolts in. Nice job on the install :thumb:

I Also discovered that I have a slight leak on the pinion seal, trace of gear oil coming from the yoke going down the bottom of the pumpkin. I cleaned it up with some brake parts cleaner and I'll keep an eye on it to see how bad it leaks.
As somebody posted on here before.... learn to live with a leak, embrace the leak, become the leak LOL. Damn, there is always something.

I tend to think of it as "marking" where you've been :crazyeyes:
That being said, you really should keep an eye on it and make sure to change your fluid IF you ever do any water crossings. If only can get out, water can get in.

It may have taken a lot longer to do but I think you made the right decision to NOT force the last 2 bolts in. Nice job on the install :thumb:

Took forever, and I was extra careful. I went around the oil pan slightly tightening the bolts about 5 times. Then checked it 3 more times with a torque wrench. Today I layed down under the jeep to install the trans skid, as soon as I looked up I saw this
IMG_5471.jpg

Dang.... I grabbed torque wrench and set it to 85in/lb went around the skid again. It did tighten a little more. The Jeep was only driven for about 10 miles. I didn't see any drips yet, unless it's going inside the skid. I am Not happy about it, I abandoned the trans skid for today, cleaned the area and I'll see tomorrow. Hopefully I don't have to reseat the pan.

Well that sucks. I wonder if maybe you over-tightened the bolts which can be easy to do and doing so can damage the gasket.

Well that sucks. I wonder if maybe you over-tightened the bolts which can be easy to do and doing so can damage the gasket.

I don't know, it only leaks on one side. If I do have to reseat, how do I go about that? Should I try to get the pan and skid up at the same time?

Top Bottom