Rausch Creek Suds-n-Grub Wheeling Weekend 4/20-21/13

I'm in! A bunch of us (about 4-5 JKs on 35s and a rover) are heading up on friday AM from Long Island. We're camping that night then wheeling on saturday.. heading out that night. We have some new guys in the group so we'll probably be doing mostly greens/blues for friday, then maybe step it up a bit on Saturday. Got my new snorkel so Lake Cristy is calling!

My plan is to stay as far away from Lake Cristy as physically possible LOL I'd be more than willing to watch you give it a try though!

My plan is to stay as far away from Lake Cristy as physically possible LOL I'd be more than willing to watch you give it a try though!

Will you swim a winch line out to me? LOL.. I love that area down there.. some cool hill climbs, off shoots... and of course the lake itself.

Also.. I started putting together a google map of the park from some GPS coordinates I found online. If anyone has a garmin watch (or any other device that can make KML, KMZ, or GeoRSS files), I can add them to the map so we can get a better guide to the different properties. Often times it becomes tough to tell exactly where in the trails you but Google Maps can pinpoint your position.

Here are few trails i put together (only about 5-10% of the trails so far)
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212074685509556016795.0004d86324a9aa0c8aebf&msa=0

Will you swim a winch line out to me? LOL.. I love that area down there.. some cool hill climbs, off shoots... and of course the lake itself.

Also.. I started putting together a google map of the park from some GPS coordinates I found online. If anyone has a garmin watch (or any other device that can make KML, KMZ, or GeoRSS files), I can add them to the map so we can get a better guide to the different properties. Often times it becomes tough to tell exactly where in the trails you but Google Maps can pinpoint your position.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212074685509556016795.0004d86324a9aa0c8aebf&msa=0

I'll bring my trunks! haha and that map is awesome!! Have you used the App "everytrail" or "anytrail" I can't remember the name but you can start tracking the trail and just drive and it will map out your route.. same concept i guess.. I wonder if you can get the files from there onto google maps..

I'm with Lane I'll watch you test your snorkel. thats a cool map I'll have to see if my phone can do that.

If I don't get stuck going to work that weekend or giving my buddy a ride to Columbus I will come too.
I am signed up for a free 101 off-roading class on Saturday with Black Rock Customs, but will stay for Sat and Sun either way if I can make it.
I am comfortable with greens, blues and mild blacks :)
I really hope I don't have to work on the weekend and make the trip.

Put as a strong maybe. Got off work definitely. I still ride stock so mostly green or whatever I can get guided through with no body damage.....belly rub is ok. Also never gone wheeling besides driving on the beach.

Put as a strong maybe. Got off work definitely. I still ride stock so mostly green or whatever I can get guided through with no body damage.....belly rub is ok. Also never gone wheeling besides driving on the beach.

Nice!! We will get everybody through! I'm jealous you've driven on the beach!! Haven't had the chance to do so yet!

Yea wheelin on the beach is fun. Did it down in Delaware a few times

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I getting so pumped about this trip!! Am I the only one planning to drive up Friday evening?

My friend and I are going there Friday night. We will be camping.
Does anyone know if the finished the camp grounds? Last year they were expanding it.

there are a few areas to camp but everything is "rustic"... plenty of areas to camp. Will be there on Friday with a crew!

Well I'm just getting in from a night out , yes 11:30 and we are turning in. I'll make some updates tomorrow. Glad to see there is going to be a good turnout even if we aren't all wheeling together. I'm glad to see that people are going to try and meet one another even if they are with another group. :thumbup:

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom