Random Photos

black pearl

Hooked
Thanks. It’s saving time, and that was the main reason I bought it. If you are looking at one, there are things to consider.

Does it need to fit through gates? If it doesn’t, get one with the largest tires available, for the size deck you want. Regarding deck size, you won’t necessarily need a wider deck, to cut in less time. The turning radius, and drive speed are what makes the difference.

If money is no object...Scag is the brand to buy. It cuts cleaner than anything. Although I thought Hustler was a new brand, it isn’t. Hustler produced the first zero turn mower ever made, in 1964. They are pretty good mowers. They are well built.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Great information. My big thing is durability. Some areas of my property are on the rougher side, but also the areas I can’t get my tractor. So ground clearance is also a concern.
Money is always a object I have a Jeep to support 🤣

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
My big thing is durability.

Skip most of what is sold at the big box stores, then (Craftsman, Cub Cadet, etc.). Look for fabricated decks, and string frames. Lots of them are available with Kawasaki engines, in the homeowner versions. Look at Hustler, Big Dog, Snapper, Grasshopper, Kubota, Scag, eXmark...

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Disclaimer: this is hard to show in pictures.

So I was working on the DJ yesterday and needed a 7/16” socket. Was using a 3/8” drive and then grabbed my half in drive. Turns out the 7/16” half inch drive socket is actually a 1/2” socket.

Three sockets together (L to R, 7/16” 3/8 drive, 7/16” 1/2 drive, 1/2” 1/2 drive)

IMG_8534.jpg

7/16” 3/8 drive socket

IMG_8535.jpg

7/16” 1/2 drive socket

IMG_8536.jpg

1/2” 1/2 drive socket

IMG_8537.jpg

Looks like one was misprinted. Ive reached out to tekton this morning. I’m sure they will make it right. Can’t say I’ve ever seen this on any tool I’ve bought before.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

So I was working on the DJ yesterday and needed a 7/16” socket. Was using a 3/8” drive and then grabbed my half in drive. Turns out the 7/16” half inch drive socket is actually a 1/2” socket.

Three sockets together (L to R, 7/16” 3/8 drive, 7/16” 1/2 drive, 1/2” 1/2 drive)

View attachment 335070

7/16” 3/8 drive socket

View attachment 335071

7/16” 1/2 drive socket

View attachment 335072

1/2” 1/2 drive socket

View attachment 335073

Looks like one was misprinted. Ive reached out to tekton this morning. I’m sure they will make it right. Can’t say I’ve ever seen this on any tool I’ve bought before.

That's odd. I've never seen that either.

So the question is, how many bolts got rounded off as you figured out the problem?

View attachment 335070

7/16” 3/8 drive socket

View attachment 335071

7/16” 1/2 drive socket

View attachment 335072

1/2” 1/2 drive socket

View attachment 335073

Pretty sure Tekton is still using the same impacts as harbor freight so not too surprising.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

View attachment 335070

7/16” 3/8 drive socket

View attachment 335071

7/16” 1/2 drive socket

View attachment 335072

1/2” 1/2 drive socket

View attachment 335073

That’s nuts. They will probably warranty it.

Top Bottom