Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

WJCO

Meme King
Spent the day taking down most of a 40-50 foot hickory tree that died over the Winter. Got to use the JT winch to help direct the fall. Large pieces are about 24 inches in diameter and I haven't taken down the main trunk yet. Got some good wood for smoking meat for awhile.

KIMG1598 (1).jpg

Sgt_USMC

Got everything cleaned up, ran the generator for a bit to charge the battery and lube the internals, double checked the fuel jugs (have 3 that need filled, but will have 35 gals in hand once all jugs are filled), checked all the flashlights/lanterns/radio, verified good spare batteries for all (brand new), double checked food and water supplies and all docs are ready to go. We can either ride it out here, at my sister’s place or worst case we can grab and go (that will be interesting with three large breed dogs and my little one!). Nothing to do now, but keep an eye on the weather and stand by.

JimLee

Hooked
Got everything cleaned up, ran the generator for a bit to charge the battery and lube the internals, double checked the fuel jugs (have 3 that need filled, but will have 35 gals in hand once all jugs are filled), checked all the flashlights/lanterns/radio, verified good spare batteries for all (brand new), double checked food and water supplies and all docs are ready to go. We can either ride it out here, at my sister’s place or worst case we can grab and go (that will be interesting with three large breed dogs and my little one!). Nothing to do now, but keep an eye on the weather and stand by.
Stay safe brother.

hurricane-dolphin-meme-610x407.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
Stay safe!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've literally been going through a pair of heavy duty work gloves at a rate of about 1 every other week.

IMG_0667.JPG

Granted, they've all been made in India or Mexico or the like and so this time, I decided to find and buy a pair of Made in the USA gloves.
IMG_0665.JPG

These did cost more than twice as much so I hope they'll hold up a little better.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I've literally been going through a pair of heavy duty work gloves at a rate of about 1 every other week.

View attachment 380265

Granted, they've all been made in India or Mexico or the like and so this time, I decided to find and buy a pair of Made in the USA gloves.
View attachment 380266

These did cost more than twice as much so I hope they'll hold up a little better.
Interested to hear how they hold up.

Last edited:

kevman65

Hooked

View attachment 380265

View attachment 380266

If those don't work out, you might try these. We use them in the construction world.

Afterthought; Some of the Tillman stuff is starting to show up as being made in Mexico, I have had guys tell me they've seen Taiwan show up too.
As of yet it's not been the work gloves I linked, it has been TIG welding gloves. It is easy to tell the foreign made ones, there is no hem on the end of the long cuffs.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If those don't work out, you might try these. We use them in the construction world.

Afterthought; Some of the Tillman stuff is starting to show up as being made in Mexico, I have had guys tell me they've seen Taiwan show up too.
As of yet it's not been the work gloves I linked, it has been TIG welding gloves. It is easy to tell the foreign made ones, there is no hem on the end of the long cuffs.
Thanks for the tip 👍🏻

Top Bottom